“Macdonald Botley - the staff make this venue excellent”

Macdonald Botley Park Hotel & Spa, Southampton
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Botley
GreenLeadersBronze level
Preston, United Kingdom
“Macdonald Botley - the staff make this venue excellent”
Reviewed 21 May 2012

I stayed here for a business trip and used some of the seminar rooms.

All the staff I dealt with were extremely helpful, friendly and polite. For example, I was watching tv in my room and it came up with an error message. I phoned reception and 10 minutes later, 2 men arrived with a brand new tv.

The food was of a high standard. Ordered room service and chicken curry was excellent. Also ate in the bar and the chocolate brownie was probably the best one I have ever tasted.

I used the swimming pool which was very quiet on the day I went there. Yes agree showers look like they need a really good clean.

Would also prefer a duvet on my bed rather than blankets. Stayed in room 329 which overlooked the start of the golf course.

Would recommend for a work or leisure stay.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Ben B, General Manager at Macdonald Botley Park Hotel & Spa, Southampton, responded to this review, 22 May 2012
Dear MadmazChesire,

Thank you for passing on such lovely feedback, I am delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and that you managed to sample our fantastic facilities. We have the lovely advantage of rooms with views over our stunning golf course, which makes getting out of bed so much nicer! I will pass your comments to our leisure club manager about the showers and ensure they are addressed.
I hope that we can welcome you back again soon?
Ben Bridgeman

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (205)
  • Polish first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 20 May 2012

This was a free weekend as a result of a poor experience at another Macdonald hotel. The difference was massive. From the friendly receptionist to the restaurant staff, nothing was too much trouble. Service was attentive, efficient and engaging. Dinner and breakfast in the restaurant were both excellent and the only criticism we had was the breakfast delivered to the room was late and on the cold side.

Room Tip: We were in 609 which was fine although not much of a view
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ptee
Ben B, General Manager at Macdonald Botley Park Hotel & Spa, Southampton, responded to this review, 21 May 2012
Dear Ptee,

Thank you for passing on such a lovely review following your recent stay with us at Macdonald Botley Park Hotel. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope that we can welcome you back again soon? I will ensure your feedback is shared with the team.
I apologise about the breakfast and will make sure the kitchen and room service team are aware of the issue.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 May 2012

I organised a 2night/3day stay for a golf weekend for 24 golfers for the weekend just gone and it was thoroughly enjoyable.

My point of contact throughout the planning and organising was Jodie Walker who I have to say was superb. I lost count of the amount of e-mails and questions I sent her. She was very professional throughout and was able to assist us and delivered everything that was promised, including the weather!

The golf manager Simon Blanshard was my point of contact for the golfing side. He too was very helpful and accomodating. His staff during the weekend (apologies but I didn't get their name) were also great and made sure we had the scorecards and nearest pin/longest drive markers ready and made up.

And finally Tito, our waiter/food organiser was brilliant. Can't praise him enough. He was very calm, organised and even when we were running a little late for dinner, he made sure that this wasn't a problem and dinner was served when we were ready. Spot on.

Quality hotel, food and golf. I definitely recommend a golf weekend here.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
Dear Tristan M,

Thank you for passing on your feedback following your recent event with us, I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay and we look forward to inviting you back again soon. I will ensure this is shared with the team.

chelmsford
Reviewed 14 May 2012

Visited this Hotel for my birthday on 8th/9th May. We booked an Executive room overlooking the golf course, which was very clean, quiet and reasonably spacious, with dressing gowns, slippers, a bottle of red wine and chocolates.
The staff were excellent, all greeting you when passing by.
The course was in good condition considering all the rain we have had, not too difficult for the average golfer.
The drinks in the bars were very expensive (£12.00 for a single brandy).
The food both at breakfast and evening meals were excellent, but unfortunately, the wait for the evening meal was exceptionally long (about 1 hour from starter to main couse). However, when mentioning this to Sam, the Head Waiter, he made sure we had a free bottle of wine on the 2nd night plus coffee and the service that night was much better. We had no problem with the staff and service at breakfast who were extremely efficient.
All things considered we had a good time.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Paul-GM, General Manager at Macdonald Botley Park Hotel & Spa, Southampton, responded to this review, 15 May 2012
Dear ChelmsfordMargo,

Thank you for taking the time to pass on your views, I am delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and managed to get out on the course despite the rain! I will ensure your feedback is shared with the team and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

General manager
Suffolk, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 May 2012

Chose this hotel for a three night stay because of it's ease of access to Southampton, Portsmouth and the New Forest , all of which we visited and enjoyed.
Hotel not the most architecturally attractive exterior but inside typical leisure resort and spa but with above average facilities including squash, gym, pool and what appears a great golf course.
The reception was welcoming, the bedroom overlooking the golf course comfortable and well appointed. We dined in the main restaurant each night and enjoyed the wide ranging menu with daily specials with excellent service throughout. The breakfasts were great and again service excellent.
It was an interesting stay as the hotel caters for all tastes and offers excellent facilities for children yet was quiet.
The staff were all attentive and helpful and a credit to the management.
We are not great favourites of the resort type of hotel but found this ideal for our needs to see this area of Hampshire.

Room Tip: We enjoyed the views over the golf course.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank EnglandD&B
Paul-GM, General Manager at Macdonald Botley Park Hotel & Spa, Southampton, responded to this review, 8 May 2012
Thank you for your review on trip advisor.

I am pleased you found the hotel to your liking and I will pass on your feedback to the teams and thank you for taking the time to comment.

As you mentioned the hotel does cater for many different types of guest and needs from golf, family, corporate, leisure to conferences guests and we are pleased to have the facilities to be able to do so. I hope that you choose to visit us again in the near future and thank you again for your comments.

Gloucester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 April 2012

We enjoyed the breakfast. But you couldn't help yourself to tea or coffee and so had to try to attract someone's attention. The room was nice enough but the TV was a 15 year old analogue CRT with few channels and a poor picture. The internet in the room (with a cable) was very intermittent, which was quite irritating. The staff were friendly but I didn't see any of them during the night when the fire alarm went off. They add a charity donation and service charge to your draft bill but take them off if you ask, which I did.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
Thank you for your review of our hotel.

I am pleased you found the food to your liking and I greatly appreciate your feedback.

We have recently taken delivery of 130 new 32 inch LCD TVs and all bedrooms now have an excellent digital signal, free view as well as Sky Sports 1 and 2. With regards to the internet we do have an excellent free WIFI signal in all public areas and conference rooms as well as a chargeable WIFI system in the bedrooms. We do offer a free wired system in the bedrooms as you mentioned and I will ask the maintenance team to look at this to correct the drop out issues.

Please accept my apologies for the fire alarm activation. This was a rare fault in the system which happened at 6.45 a.m. and the night team were dealing with the fire authority and guests who had requested assistance. Had this been later in the day I am sure you would have seen many more staff available in the hotel and I will discuss your comments at the next fire safety meeting to see where we can improve.

Thank you again for your feedback and I hope to be able to welcome you back to Botley Park Hotel.

Haywards Heath, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Just returned from a thoroughly enjoyable weekend stay at Botley Park Hotel with friends. We booked two bedrooms and upgraded to the Executive rooms which gave us a few extras. Rooms although small were extremely comfortable and in particular had lovely views and were very quiet. We arrived much earlier than the official check in time and were given access to our rooms on arrival. The reception staff were helpful, friendly and efficient. We were particularly impressed with the restaurant. The service was first class, the staff attentive and on the ball and the food excellent. We were very well looked after and the staff immediately acknowledged that we were on the DBB deal so there were not the usual issues we have experienced at other hotels with having dinner charges incorrectly added to our final bill. For breakfast once again the service was excellent and the buffet selection kept well stocked. The made to order hot cooked breakfast was well received and of a very high quality. A very relaxing breakfast compared with previous experiences at other hotels where they just can't get it right. The reception was always well staffed so we never had to queue and for once our final bill was correct and no mystery charges to deal with. I would recommend a stay here, particularly on a DBB deal which is excellent value given the excellent quality of the food in the restaurant.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Yvonne404
Paul-GM, General Manager at Macdonald Botley Park Hotel & Spa, Southampton, responded to this review, 28 April 2012
Thank you for your review about our hotel.

I was very happy to read the team looked after you so well and we do share all comments with the hotels employees and they will be as pleased as I was to read of your feedback.

We do pride ourselves on the quality of food we purchase and it was super to read that you enjoyed your dining experience.

Thank you for staying with us and we hope you do so again soon

Paul
Also consider these accommodations in or near Botley
Hilton at The Ageas Bowl
#6 of 24 in Southampton
Solent Hotel & Spa
Solent Hotel & Spa
#1 of 1 in Whiteley

Been to Macdonald Botley Park Hotel & Spa, Southampton? Share your experiences!