Following my anniversary last year, awesome function in March this year and booking a further function for next year, the Macdonald Botley Park Hotel Golf and Country Club was the obvious choice for my anniversary this year.
So here are the good and bad bits!!
Was slick, staff very efficient, welcoming and freindly.
Was spacious, beautiful and spotlessly clean, linen in use of a very high quality. The shortbread on the tea tray something similar you would expect from the like of Fortnum and masons (yes I have and do frequent F & M)!! It is also nice to have a cup and saucer, not a tacky mug. All round very tasteful, and agreeable! The bed was enormous, and so, so comfortable!!
Absolutely spotless, and again staff very helpful and obliging.
Awesome, very experienced waiting staff, very knowledgeable in relation to the dishes being offered on the menu. Menu holds something for every palate. Service was exceptional, being very welcoming, but not intruding, although remaining attentive at all points. Very tastefully decorated. A clearly well thought out menu, which every course was truly delicious, and a great experience all round. I dined on vegetable broth, followed by chicken with a dessert of crème brule. My wife Black pudding with caramelised apple, Lamb and dessert of a deconstructed tart with salted chocolate sorbet. It was all delicious, cooked to perfection , served with finesse.
Great continental choice and a first class, well presented delicious cooked breakfast
This hotel was a country mile away from the chain hotels that we have recently stayed in. All the staff were welcoming, obliging and nothing appeared to be too much trouble.
The Bad Bit:
I only booked one night, and could not afford to take any further time from work!
However my wife and I are planning some work Christmas parties for this year, and perhaps celebrating new years eve here too. Next anniversary will be a two night break for sure.
All the staff here are a credit to the Macdonald group, this hotel is exceptional with service, style and ambiance that is missing from so many similar hotels.
Thank you to all the team who made our anniversary so special. You should all be very proud of the service you are providing. I will make no apology for repeating the words, quality, style, welcoming etc. As these words truly reflect this hotel. thank you again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Macdonald Botley Park Hotel & Spa is one of the finest ----four-star hotels in Southampton. Set in acres of beautiful countryside, our hotel offers the best of breathtaking scenery and fine facilities. With direct access to Southampton airport, Eastleigh, Portsmouth and the M3, our hotel is a popular choice for family holidays, business and weddings. And if you are setting sail at the nearby port, then we're an ideal stopover destination before your exciting holiday begins. When the business or adventure of the day is done, unwind in our swimming pool or gym or thrash it out on our tennis or squash courts. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, getaroom.com, LateRooms, Cancelon, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Ebookers so you can book your Macdonald Botley Park Hotel & Spa, Southampton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Macdonald Botley Park Hotel, Golf & Country Club Hotel Botley
- Macdonald Botley Park Hotel, Golf And Country Club
- Macdonald Botley Park Hotel Country
- Macdonald Botley Park Hotel & Spa, Southampton Hampshire