Fantastic from start to finish! We were down from Kent visiting Peppa Pig World and were made to feel so welcome! It's a lovely hotel which could seem as though children may not be welcome but they are, 100%!! There was even a childrens buffet on the Saturday evening at which our 13 month old ate for free. They are totally geared up for families visiting PP World as is evident from the welcome the children receive. A special welcome pack even for baby and Peppa pig room keys. Our 4 year old was impressed!
Throughout our stay we were made to feel so at home and nothing was too much trouble.
We didn't feel awkward at all using the pool as you might at some other similar hotels. The staff were all so lovely to our boys and indeed all of the guests.
The food was lovely and breakfast was a real treat!
One other thing that impressed me. Our eldest spilt some water on his bed on the first morning so I hung the please service our room sign on our door. The sheets were changed and all beds made etc by the time we returned from breakfast! Fabulous service!
If you are visiting PP World this hotel is a must! It's a 20 min drive to the park from there but that's part of what makes it so nice. It's nice to escape the crowds into the lovely surroundings. It didn't come up as available on the Paultons website but a quick phone call and
we had booked a family room for the dates we wanted (weekend before half term) and at a great price with the 2 for 1 park days deal.
We had a lovely room, 401 with a lovely big bed for us, a single for our eldest and cot for baby and we still had plenty of space. Perfect!
Another plus water in the room is FREE as is wifi although I did have to keep logging in. But free! A real rarity it seems these days.
We would love to stay again even if we don't make it back to PP World.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Macdonald Botley Park Hotel & Spa is one of the finest ----four-star hotels in Southampton. Set in acres of beautiful countryside, our hotel offers the best of breathtaking scenery and fine facilities. With direct access to Southampton airport, Eastleigh, Portsmouth and the M3, our hotel is a popular choice for family holidays, business and weddings. And if you are setting sail at the nearby port, then we're an ideal stopover destination before your exciting holiday begins. When the business or adventure of the day is done, unwind in our swimming pool or gym or thrash it out on our tennis or squash courts. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Odigeo, Ebookers, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com, HRS, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Macdonald Botley Park Hotel & Spa, Southampton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Macdonald Botley Park Hotel, Golf & Country Club Hotel Botley
- Macdonald Botley Park Hotel, Golf And Country Club
- Macdonald Botley Park Hotel Country
- Macdonald Botley Park Hotel & Spa, Southampton Hampshire