The Macdonald Botley Park Hotel, Golf & Country Club was a great find. Especially after staying in Southampton some six weeks earlier in what we thought was a dreadful hotel. But then again comparing the Botley to our previous stopovers in Southampton; is like trying to compare apples to oranges. The staff employed at the Botley are all first class, the breakfast dining experience was more akin to 5 Star, and the room was lovely. We appreciated the complementary water, and loved the hand written Birthday Card left for wifey.
TIPS: (1) There is a lovely Italian restaurant in the nearby village of Botley, (2) We booked the hotel and separate parking for 8 nights with ABP (on the quayside next to the ship) for less than the price quoted by a member of staff for a cruise package at the hotel. So check out prices and compare what is offered for your money before booking a cruise package. This advice applies to all hotels in Southampton that offer cruise packages and not just the Macdonald Botley Park. Are you being offered B&B and Parking, or Dinner, B&B and Parking. Is there a shuttle service, is the shuttle service provided for both directions, is you car parked in a secure compound or an open car park where numerous other vehicles may park and move and your vehicle could be damaged. What have other travelers written about the cruise parking package at that hotel, and so on and so forth.
ADVICE FOR MANAGEMENT: (1) Tidy up your reception as the crèche feel and the parked folding bed let’s down the standard. Remember you don’t get a second first impression, (2) Barrier off the play area, so that the odds and ends stay within a compound. Items within a compound or segregated area don’t look like clutter. This would have the added benefit of ensuring that a small child does not exit the area if a parent is not paying attention, (3) Price watch ABP and other providers so that your Cruise Parking package is keenly priced, (4) Segregate and secure part of the car park for Cruise Parking.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Macdonald Botley Park Hotel & Spa is one of the finest ----four-star hotels in Southampton. Set in acres of beautiful countryside, our hotel offers the best of breathtaking scenery and fine facilities. With direct access to Southampton airport, Eastleigh, Portsmouth and the M3, our hotel is a popular choice for family holidays, business and weddings. And if you are setting sail at the nearby port, then we're an ideal stopover destination before your exciting holiday begins. When the business or adventure of the day is done, unwind in our swimming pool or gym or thrash it out on our tennis or squash courts. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Hotels.com, LateRooms, Priceline, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Macdonald Botley Park Hotel & Spa, Southampton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Macdonald Botley Park Hotel, Golf & Country Club Hotel Botley
- Macdonald Botley Park Hotel, Golf And Country Club
- Macdonald Botley Park Hotel Country
- Macdonald Botley Park Hotel & Spa, Southampton Hampshire