I read about this hotel after reading reviews of Peppa Pig World and seeing a comment about it being very good and only about 15 mins away.
From the booking process I was very impressed, we got an excellent deal and the person I booked with was very good.
The hotel is easy to find, there is plenty of parking, it has a very large car park - You wouldn't need to worry about getting back at night and struggling to park.
Check-in was very efficient and friendly. The lady on reception was happy to recommend pubs in the local area for us as we told her we'd be eating out.
Our room was lovely, exceptionally clean and nice and spacious. We had our 3 year old Daughter with us and they'd made up a little bed for her. Bathroom spotlessly clean, lovely powerful shower over the bath. Nice comfortable bed and something we've never had before ... a fridge in the room! Brilliant idea.
Good leisure facilities, small pool, sauna and steam room etc which we used in the afternoon. They also run classes such as Zumba etc at the hotel.
Breakfast very good, again very slickly run with friendly and efficient staff. There was a lovely selection of fruit, meats and cheeses. Also juices and cereals etc. Good cooked breakfast, I had the vegetarian option.
Express check-out too which was a good idea.
Only slight niggles, just little things which I certainly wouldn't mark down for but...
Rooms were very hot to the point where it was quite uncomfortable during the night.
I had no mobile reception during the whole stay (Orange). There was an option to pick up the WiFi but it seemed to involve registration which was a bit of a pain. Saying that, the whole area seemed to have quite bad reception.
Sauna and steam room could have done with being hotter and also the lockers in the changing rooms were an absolute pain and I had to ask another guest to help me.
Just little niggles, overall a really enjoyable stay and we'd definitely return if we went to Peppa Pig World again (only 15 minutes or so away). Very good hotel without being stuffy or pretentious. Also found them to be child friendly and staff made an effort to speak to our Daughter.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Macdonald Botley Park Hotel & Spa is one of the finest ----four-star hotels in Southampton. Set in acres of beautiful countryside, our hotel offers the best of breathtaking scenery and fine facilities. With direct access to Southampton airport, Eastleigh, Portsmouth and the M3, our hotel is a popular choice for family holidays, business and weddings. And if you are setting sail at the nearby port, then we're an ideal stopover destination before your exciting holiday begins. When the business or adventure of the day is done, unwind in our swimming pool or gym or thrash it out on our tennis or squash courts. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Macdonald Botley Park Hotel & Spa, Southampton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Macdonald Botley Park Hotel, Golf & Country Club Hotel Botley
- Macdonald Botley Park Hotel, Golf And Country Club
- Macdonald Botley Park Hotel Country
- Macdonald Botley Park Hotel & Spa, Southampton Hampshire