“Clean and comfortable stay”

Macdonald Botley Park Hotel & Spa, Southampton
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Botley
GreenLeadersBronze level
UK
“Clean and comfortable stay”
Reviewed 4 December 2013 via mobile

Had a great stay. The room was large, clean and comfortable. I had a very good night sleep ... The bed was great. Oh and the Spa had Elemis.. Who could wish for more? I did have one problem however. I ordered room service and a hour later it had not turned up, it seemed they had lost the order. I reported this to the Manager and she sorted it very quickly. Despite this I still would highly recommend this hotel

Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Jason N, Manager at Macdonald Botley Park Hotel & Spa, Southampton, responded to this review, 14 January 2014
Thank you very much for your comments regarding the hotel and staff I will pass them onto the team

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (202)
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 December 2013

Overall a nice hotel and very helpful and friendly staff. The only issue was malted hairs all over the bed cover blanket (and not my own) - suffice to say I don't think they are changed or cleaned for each new guest which is has put me off returning.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Lily0212
Thank you for your comments all feedback is very important to us and I have passed your comments onto my head housekeeper to look into.
Weybridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 November 2013

My husband and I enjoyed two nights here. Wonderful, large room was spotless and well appointed. Unfortunately we did not try the restaurant for dinner as we were visiting friends locally
but we can truly recommend the breakfast. The best we have ever had. Something for everyone. Actually the most important at the hotel was all staff. Friendly and very helpful.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Matilde C

If you planning on visiting the hotel in the future please contact us direct and ask for Jodie in reservations and I will ensure that we look after you and your family
Burton upon Trent, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 November 2013

We had a very enjoyable stay at Botley park hotel. We has a lovely large comfortable room which was spotlessly clean. We enjoyed a very nice meal in the restaurant on the evening. . All the staff were very pleasant and helpful.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Joyce S
Bridgend, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 November 2013

Excellent rooms food and drinks very very expensive restaurant started at £23 fish and chips in the bar if you could get a table £14 50 very greasy bottle of coke £3 15 lager £4 60 very flat vodka and coke £8 20 This hotel is a rip off don't stay here

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank Steve2309
I am very sorry that we did not meet your expectations with regards to our food and drink offering, as well as the Winchester restaurant and Gallery bar we also offer an alternative dining area in the sports bar and main courses start from £7.50

Travellers are raving about these Botley hotels

Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 November 2013

I read about this hotel after reading reviews of Peppa Pig World and seeing a comment about it being very good and only about 15 mins away.

From the booking process I was very impressed, we got an excellent deal and the person I booked with was very good.

The hotel is easy to find, there is plenty of parking, it has a very large car park - You wouldn't need to worry about getting back at night and struggling to park.

Check-in was very efficient and friendly. The lady on reception was happy to recommend pubs in the local area for us as we told her we'd be eating out.

Our room was lovely, exceptionally clean and nice and spacious. We had our 3 year old Daughter with us and they'd made up a little bed for her. Bathroom spotlessly clean, lovely powerful shower over the bath. Nice comfortable bed and something we've never had before ... a fridge in the room! Brilliant idea.

Good leisure facilities, small pool, sauna and steam room etc which we used in the afternoon. They also run classes such as Zumba etc at the hotel.

Breakfast very good, again very slickly run with friendly and efficient staff. There was a lovely selection of fruit, meats and cheeses. Also juices and cereals etc. Good cooked breakfast, I had the vegetarian option.

Express check-out too which was a good idea.

Only slight niggles, just little things which I certainly wouldn't mark down for but...

Rooms were very hot to the point where it was quite uncomfortable during the night.
I had no mobile reception during the whole stay (Orange). There was an option to pick up the WiFi but it seemed to involve registration which was a bit of a pain. Saying that, the whole area seemed to have quite bad reception.
Sauna and steam room could have done with being hotter and also the lockers in the changing rooms were an absolute pain and I had to ask another guest to help me.

Just little niggles, overall a really enjoyable stay and we'd definitely return if we went to Peppa Pig World again (only 15 minutes or so away). Very good hotel without being stuffy or pretentious. Also found them to be child friendly and staff made an effort to speak to our Daughter.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for your comments we look forward to welcoming you back to Botley park in the future.
Preston, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 November 2013

Whilst the hotel was nice I object to a 12% sevice charge in a hotel restaurant where they couldn't even get the right starter dish and there was only my collaeugue and I. I also had to wait 35 minutes for my breakfast which caused me problems as I was on business and had meetings to get to. The restaurant food was pretentious and I would suggest inappropriate for families. There was also little choice, what I did order was a compromise. The drinks were also horrendously expensive £16 for one Jack Daniels and Coke and a Southern Comfort. I won't be staying there again in a hurry!

Room Tip: From what I could gather all the rooms were good, that wasn't the problem