We booked the hotel as part of a Paultons Theme Park package. Overall it was good value for money on a 2 park entry days for 1 offer.
Check in was prompt and polite, the children being checked in themselves with a Peppa Pig activity pack was a nice touch.
We stayed in room 101 (!) which was clean, comfortable and nicely decorated. A z-bed was provided for our little girl which was perfectly comfortable. Air conditioning kept us cool on a warm night and the water pressure for the shower was good. Tea, coffee and biscuits were provided in the room although the fridge was not switched on but this was just a little gripe.
After a long journey and a day of fun at Paultons we were tired so decided to eat at the hotel. We were a little early for the restaurant so decided to sit in the bar area of the foyer for 10mins and buy a round of drinks. 2 course set menu was £23pp. My husband who is accustomed to staying in London hotels for business found the female bar tender a little rude as he was advised to move the children to the sports lounge - the children in our party, two girls were sitting nicely colouring in their activity packs so were not causing any nuisance to the empty bar. The maitre'd then appeared from the restaurant and asked if we wanted to book a table but quickly added that we might be more comfortable in the sports lounge where the children could run around and watch TV (let me add we aren't people who just plonk our children in front of the box just to keep them quiet). We felt that perhaps we werent wanted in the restaurant so decided to move to the sports lounge without argument as it had been a long day - this essentially felt like a wide corridor with tables and chairs in, we had to combine two sets to accommodate us. Carpets were taped down with parcel tape in places, empty display cabinets, very featureless with the rattan furniture looking a bit tired. We ordered our food from the bar menu and after a very long wait the food arrived. The burger, fish and ham and egg were all nice, the homecut chips on all plates were all undercooked - not unpleasant to us but not to everyone's taste. The children opted for fish fingers and chips (fries), both of which were undoubtedly processed shop bought and not freshly made.
There was at least a 30minute wait between our children's plates being taken away and the bowl of 2 scoops of ice cream arriving - it was not busy there was one other family in the lounge. The waiter Karol was friendly, polite and helpful.
Overnight, we all slept quite well. There was a large gap under the door which meant the movement-activated lights in the corridor would flood the room with light on occasion.
Breakfast was simple, choices of continental or full English certainly no thrills but to put it in context if it wasn't included in your room package you would have to pay £18pp for it - not worth it.
Quick checkout, the invoice is pushed under your door overnight and you can just sign it and put it in a box in reception.
Overall, Ok experience but when we visit Paultons again (which I'm sure we will) we will visit another hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Macdonald Botley Park Hotel & Spa is one of the finest ----four-star hotels in Southampton. Set in acres of beautiful countryside, our hotel offers the best of breathtaking scenery and fine facilities. With direct access to Southampton airport, Eastleigh, Portsmouth and the M3, our hotel is a popular choice for family holidays, business and weddings. And if you are setting sail at the nearby port, then we're an ideal stopover destination before your exciting holiday begins. When the business or adventure of the day is done, unwind in our swimming pool or gym or thrash it out on our tennis or squash courts. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Ebookers, LateRooms, getaroom.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Macdonald Botley Park Hotel & Spa, Southampton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Macdonald Botley Park Hotel, Golf & Country Club Hotel Botley
- Macdonald Botley Park Hotel, Golf And Country Club
- Macdonald Botley Park Hotel Country
- Macdonald Botley Park Hotel & Spa, Southampton Hampshire