Macdonald Botley Park Hotel & Spa, Southampton
US$124
Holiday Inn Express Southampton M27 Jct 7(Southampton)(Great Value!)
US$102
US$99
US$173
US$168
US$124
  • Pool
New Place Hotel(Shirrell Heath)
US$102
Agoda.com
Premier Inn Fareham Hotel(Fareham)(Great Value!)
US$84
PremierInn.com
B+B Wickham(Wickham)
US$115
HolidayInn.com
  • Pool
Premier Inn Southampton Airport Hotel(Southampton)(Great Value!)
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
2,304 results
All reviewsgolf coursepeppa pigsauna and steam roomswimming poolnice hotelleisure facilitiesmain restaurantcooked breakfastenjoyable staybooked this hotela lovely stayplenty of parkingan overnight staybreakfast was excellentone night stayfeature roomnew forest
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed overnight here before a visit to Peppa Pig couldn't get a package through the Paultons website but as friends had already booked here for the Peppa package decided to join them. Check in staff were very helpful and the room was large and very clean. Roll away bed was made up for our grandson and he was very happy with it. Breakfast was included which was excellent, cooked english breakfast and also continental items, fruit, yoghurt and juices all available in abundance. We also ate dinner in the restaurant, no complaints about three of the meals but my husband felt his lamb shank was rather dry. The children ate at the children's buffet which was good value for money. My one complaint is that there were no children's drinks available at the bar unless you wanted fizzy or pure juice. They had squash at the buffet so why not available at the casual bar? All in all I felt this hotel was good value although as some other posters have mentioned drinks were quite pricy although I understand compare well with other hotels in the area. Also we found the Internet connection poor.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Jason N, Manager at Macdonald Botley Park Hotel & Spa, Southampton, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Thank you for your comments after your recent stay, I will ensure I pick up with the food and beverage team over your comments on the soft drinks offering for the children . we are currently upgrade our IT which does include enhancing the internet speed

Reviewed 9 August 2014

I booked this Hotel as part of the Peppa Pig Deal for 2 adults and daughter of 3 years, and I would highly reccomend this to anyone. On arrival my daughter was given a colouring book package full of crayons and colouring books, she was issued her own room card with a Peppa Pig on it. There is an activity corner to keep the kids busy etc whilst you book in. The staff that served me were polite.
Inside the hotel room the towels were very clean as well as the room, they had made up a foldable bed for my daughter which was perfect as it wasnt too high of the ground as I worried she could fall out.
The adults bed was massive more then enough room to stretch out without having to touch the wife hehe, so I wasnt cramped up like a sardine in a jar.
Went to the indoor swimming pool very clean, they have a smaller pool for kids joined onto the large pool. Fresh towels can be requested on signing in for the pool.

Breakfast was included in our package and we all really enjoyed it, fantastic service, fresh coffee press, food was really good and gave us a super start to the 2nd day at paultons park.

Verdict For us it was perfect. Would stay here again, not usually one to make a review but felt it was needed.

1  Thank Stuart D
Jason N, Manager at Macdonald Botley Park Hotel & Spa, Southampton, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2014

Glad you enjoyed your stay here at Botley Park , thank you for the nice comments. we do some great offers throughout the year , hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed 8 August 2014

Four of us stayed here for two nights with a Paultons Park break. We had a family room which was spotless and comfortable, nice big en suite as well. We had bar meals in the golf club bar on the first night, breakfast both mornings and a meal in the restaurant on our second night for my husbands birthday. I had briefly mentioned the birthday the morning that I reserved the table and the staff surprised him with a candle in a desert and some champagne for the two of us, a lovely touch! Our children, (6&9), were treated like little adults which they loved! The service throughout our stay was exceptional, staff were extremely polite and friendly. We also used the pool which was also good. I would definitely recommend this hotel!

2  Thank Helzbelles

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay, the staff work hard on making the hotel environment enjoyable for both adults and children . I will pass your comments over to the team.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

Charged £9 for a glass of white wine and £2.50 for a glass of water with a splash of orange squash at a function last evening. Disgraceful....

Last drink we bought; we'd never go there again, even the meal was less than average. Typical poor quality at sky high prices.

Room Tip: We didn't stay, only there for a function but suggest you find another hotel!
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Jason N, Manager at Macdonald Botley Park Hotel & Spa, Southampton, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

House wine is £4.50 for a large glass , like all hotels and pubs we offer a variety of wines by the glass and yes some are more expensive depending on the wine.
All our prices are inline with 4* hotels in the area.

Reviewed 2 August 2014

We visited Paultons Park and spent a night at this hotel. I searched for a hotel with air-conditioning and a reasonable distance to the park (SatNav showed it's 16miles away..not bad at all)
The staff was very polite and efficient.
The room was nice and big and the air-conditioning was excellent. The bed was a joy to sleep in.
Bathroom was ok. (great size)
Empty fridge (very good if you have kids)
Overall, the room was very clean. I can't complain.

Downside:
No signal on our phones and the hotel WiFi didn't work. I didn't bother complaining about this as we were only there for a night. I'm sure they would have sorted it out.

The breakfast was not great.

I would definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Lower floor rooms are very quiet but you lose your phone signal.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your comments, we were not aware of any WIFI Cloud issues however if you had reported this we would have assisted you in getting online.