We stayed overnight on a trip to Paulton's Park with our 6 year old - 'staying in a hotel' is a great adventure for him and he loved this one. As did his parents. The accumulation of small touches and details tells you that the team here are real hospitality professionals. Robert on Reception is mentioned warmly in so many of these reviews for the simple reason that he really is excellent. I've stayed in a fair few hotels down the years and generally when you stagger into reception looking vaguely like you've been quarrying limestone all day.....there can be a certain dismissiveness. Not here - we were welcomed warmly and our boy loved the experience of 'checking in' himself. Small things.....they go a long way. Didn't have dinner in the hotel but did take breakfast - really very good, excellent service once more. Strongly recommended.
For reasons that elude me, I wrote but didn't post the review above following a stay in, I think, May. Stayed again around two weeks ago - and once more were very impressed. The same high emphasis on hospitality and welcome was evident and again a pleasant stay indeed. Only difference this time was the 0430hrs fire alarm. I've noticed some critical mention of fire alarms in other reviews so I think it's worth saying that, annoying and inconvenient for everyone as these things inevitably are, the situation was very well handled by hotel staff. They looked to do all they reasonably could in difficult circumstances and did it in a polished, professional manner. A bemused and cranky 6 year old at 0430 is no-one's idea of a treat but dealing with a hotel full of tired, unhappy guests rudely woken by klaxon is a far taller order - everyone, not least the hotel. would rather it hadn't happened of course but, as it did, I can only report that staff handling was reassuring, courteous and professional. In any case, it certainly didn't spoil our stay which again was excellent and delighted our son.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Macdonald Botley Park Hotel & Spa is one of the finest ----four-star hotels in Southampton. Set in acres of beautiful countryside, our hotel offers the best of breathtaking scenery and fine facilities. With direct access to Southampton airport, Eastleigh, Portsmouth and the M3, our hotel is a popular choice for family holidays, business and weddings. And if you are setting sail at the nearby port, then we're an ideal stopover destination before your exciting holiday begins. When the business or adventure of the day is done, unwind in our swimming pool or gym or thrash it out on our tennis or squash courts. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, getaroom.com, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Macdonald Botley Park Hotel & Spa, Southampton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Macdonald Botley Park Hotel, Golf & Country Club Hotel Botley
- Macdonald Botley Park Hotel, Golf And Country Club
- Macdonald Botley Park Hotel Country
- Macdonald Botley Park Hotel & Spa, Southampton Hampshire