“Absolutely delicious!”

Price range: US$4 - US$21
Cuisines: Pub
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Situated in the heart of Botley, the Brewery Bar offers a fun and friendly atmosphere whether it be at the end of a busy day at work or at leisure, a weekend escape or an evening out with friends or family.
Reviewed 17 August 2014

This really doesn't look much from the outside, and even inside it just looks ordinary - but the service is incredibly friendly and the food was absolutely delicious - it takes a little while for the food to arrive, but that's because they cook each dish fresh - well worth the wait!

1  Thank Theresa34Russell
HelenLandLady, Owner at Brewery bar, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2014

Thanks for the lovely comments about our food, sounds like you really enjoyed it! We do pride ourselves on serving good quality, homemade food and not microwave meals, so I'm pleased to hear you appreciated this so much and didn't mind waiting a little bit.

Reviewed 8 August 2014

We had a very enjoyable experience for my mum's birthday meal here, four of us, 6:30pm, not busy but soon did get busy!
Bar/waitress was so lovely, attentive and very helpful. Nice food, arrived all cooked properly and hot, very good sized portions, my only only gripe is that the oil for the chips and onion rings tasted like it was a few days old, but apart from that it was very nice and good value.

1  Thank Natasha D

I'm pleased to hear you enjoyed your special occasion with us and thank you for the nice comments about the waitress. We have taken on board your comments about the oil and passed this on to the kitchen staff to investigate and monitor to make sure we improve upon this in the future. Thanks for taking the time to review us.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

Had a lovely family meal here on Saturday night. The staff were lovely and the place is definitely child friendly. The food is good and well presented can recommend

1  Thank linda d

We're pleased you enjoyed your visit and found us to be family friendly, this is the kind of atmosphere we always aim for, thanks for taking the time to give us such a positive review.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

We celebrated my wife's birthday here with about 30 friends and family. Helen and her team were great, they provided a lovely buffet and the evening was a great success. Been here a few times now and it is always very friendly and will be back soon.

Thanks!

Thanks for the review, I'm glad to hear you all enjoyed the birthday party and buffet, it was a nice, fun evening with a great crowd. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 27 July 2014

I booked for a party of 9 to have my graduation lunch here. It looked like a nice, friendly pub and I was impressed with the feel of the place.
In all honesty, I expected average pub food but I could not believe the quality of food that came out of the kitchen. The food is absolutely superb and we made sure we thanked the chefs personally before we left. The serving girls were fabulous and friendly and couldn't help us enough. We were also blown away by the price, the entire bill was so reasonable, especially as the food was so great.
Our group was a complete mix of my mid-20s friends to my uncle and auntie who are 60+ and everyone felt the same way. Massive well done to all staff there, particularly Helen who was so quick to respond to my inquiry. I had tried to contact several places concerning my graduation lunch and Helen was the only one who bothered to get back to me, which is why of course, they got our custom!
When I'm back in Botley, I will definitely pop in!

We're so pleased you enjoyed your graduation lunch with us. As you've experienced we aim to cook tasty, homemade pub grub to a high standard at a reasonable price, so it's great that you were so impressed by our food and value. I'm glad our staff have, yet again, done us proud and served you so efficiently, we like to have a happy team at work and it sounds like this is exactly what you experienced on your visit. Hope to see you again soon!