“really pleasant little cafe”

Elsies Traditional Tea Room
Ranked #1 of 14 Restaurants in Botley
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 3 August 2014

good service ...choice.....lovely fresh food ...homecooked style.....selection of homemade cakes....shame you cant sit outside tho.....

1  Thank Dave D
elsiestearooms, Owner at Elsies Traditional Tea Room, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2014

Thanks for your great review. We work so hard at trying to achieve a great customer experience here at Elsie's and this review is everything I want to hear in a nutshell. So pleased that you enjoyed your visit. If only I had outside space, something I would love to have, but when you look at the beautiful characteristic building itself and the cozy feel, I am happy to say I have come to the conclusion that we can't have it all. We do hope to see you again soon. Thank you.

Reviewed 2 August 2014

Having read the great reviews about this place and living ten minutes down the road we thought we'd give it a try and we were certainly not disappointed at all. What a delightful place. Huge selection of teas served in nice cups and delicious cakes. We saw sandwiches being taken to tables which looked scrummy so we will try that next time. Loved the chocolate and Nutella cake and the Mrs has scone with strawberry and Pimms jam. Nice!

Welcoming and attentive staff and when the bill was paid we thought it was good value for money.Nice clean loo too, always the mark of a good establishment and has top marks for food hygiene. No negatives at all about Elsie's. we'll be back soon!

Thank you for taking the time to review my tearoom. I am so pleased you both enjoyed your visit. The chocolate and praline cake is currently my favourite, as is the strawberry Pimms jam. At Elsie's we do like to offer our customers choice of freshly prepared food, so when you come in next time, you will be able to choose from a different selection of our homemade cakes, jams, and chutneys. We do hope to see you both soon. Thank you.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

Popped in today for a cup of tea and could not decide what to have. The menu is not vast but everything is tempting. Had afternoon tea which was tasty and plentiful. Already planning my next visit before leaving.

Thank you so much for your review. We do have a great range of tea. 23 Teapigs teas to choose from and of course our traditional English Breakfast loose leaf tea. We love afternoon tea at Elsie's which all freshly prepared and so many of our customers choose this. I am so pleased you enjoyed your experience at Elsie's, and we do hope to see you again soon. Thank you.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

Well, I have to say one of the best decisions I made was to book Elsie's for my 'Bridal Tea Party' - Perfect size for my group of 18 people and such good value for a private party at menu prices for afternoon tea. Please note, they have capacity for a few more people than 18 but not many more as this venue is small and cosy. Held after they closed at a small extra cost from 4-6pm staff were attentive, they even helped in the games we played and offered to take photos of our group. They were open to all of my suggestions, offering their own advice and flexibility. Everything worked perfectly, they genuinely were great hosts.

The cakes were amazing, and interesting with lots of choice. Sandwiches were good and dietary requirements were no problem for them. The food seemed fresh and they sell many jams and chutneys. Lots of positive feedback from my guests following the event.

Decor of the place is perfect for afternoon tea and it is well cared for. Would be a great place for a baby shower or birthday etc. I will strongly consider holding a future get together here.

elsiestearooms, Owner at Elsies Traditional Tea Room, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Thank you for your lovely review. It was a pleasure to hold your bridal tea party at Elsie's. I am so pleased you and your guests had a lovely time. Hope to see you and your husband to be soon. Thank you.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

I had a morning meeting in Botley, so went to this tearoom, for a quick lunch. When I sat down it took forever to actually take my order , and they kept apologising as to why they werent taking it. However gossiping with people not actually eating seemed more important to the staff, than actually taking my order. I ordered a hot sandwich it took about 20 mins for the food to arrive. Then even longer for the bill to arrive.

The quality of the food was good the condensing attitude of the staff and the service spoilt the experience.

Don't go here unless you have an hour minimum to spare.

9  Thank Nikkinoodles66
elsiestearooms, Owner at Elsies Traditional Tea Room, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review my tearoom. I note that you have written just 1 review. Clearly I was shocked to see this review as I have 25 excellent and 3 very good reviews at the time of writing this response to you. Trip Advisor is a great tool for prospective customers, who will make their own minds up when reading your review. I look forward to reading your future reviews on Trip Advisor.