“Brilliant service and lovely food!”
Review of The coffee shop

The coffee shop
Ranked #2 of 2 Coffee & Tea in Botley
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Poped into the coffee shop for the first time the other day... Very pleased with my vist! Friendly staff lovely food and overall fab atmosphere. Worth a vist if you want somewhere to suit everyone in your family, like mine. Good priced and home cooked food.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Popped in for coffee and cake after visiting the garden centre. I ordered a coffee which was weak and cold. I think it must have been one of those push button machines as it ended up separating. The cake looked nice, but when I tasted it, it was dry, and I love my cake. The cafe itself was bright and airy but there were not too many people sat down for a lunch time. I left the majority of my coffee and cake and when the waiting staff came to collect it, they never even asked me if anything was wrong. I think I will continue to get my plants at Hilliers, but will give the cafe a miss next time.

1  Thank James h
Reviewed 5 April 2014

The food I must fully recommend, fresh and lots of choice and cooked as I like it, especially the Chillies. Such a pleasure to visit with such friendly staff nothing is to much trouble. The Orangery seating is the place to sit but all of the coffee shop has a fantastic ambience. I have recommended this to all my friends and my work colleagues we regularly go for lunch or for the afternoon tea.

Reviewed 30 March 2014

I have visited this establishment several times for Cup of tea/coffee and piece of cake. Today was a Mothers Day treat for an afternoon tea. Sandwiches of own choice, scones (plain and fruit) cakes and pot of tea. All served on china plates, cups and saucers and displayed on three tiered cake stand. Reminded my son and me of Sunday tea at my mums in the 70's. A pleasant hour and half spent eating and drinking copious cups of tea with staff coming over to check whether we wanted more sandwiches or tea. coffee shop was busiest I have seen it but we never felt rushed to clear the table for next customers. A lot of "regulars" known by the staff made for a good atmosphere. Will try a Sunday lunch next time I visit

Reviewed 7 March 2014

We have visited on many occasion. Friendly staff that make you feel welcome. Plenty of choice from breakfast rolls, afternoon teas and main courses. Particular favourites are the bacon baguette and cottage pie. Whatever you choose, save room for a cake.