“Dinner and lunch ”

The Bugle Hamble
Ranked #3 of 21 Restaurants in Hamble
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Historic waterside pub, serving AA Rosette quality food. Great range of wines and cask marque approved.
Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

We were staying at a local B&B the night before getting our cruise in Southampton.
Went here for dinner which was very nice. I had fish cakes which were fine but lacked a little flavour. Nice pub good atmosphere.
Following day had a wander around the local area and decided as the sun was out to stop here for lunch. We got a table outside and I had the club sandwich with chips and it was delicious.. huge and very filling.
Would recommend.

Reviewed 20 June 2018

Very pleasant pub with good food and outdoor terrace. Charming Staff. We needed somewhere to have lunch at 1215 with our 19 month old granddaughter. Perfect. She happily ate our salt and pepper squid, plus the ham hock. She is well behaved but no one frowned or looked negative about her presence. Family friendly place! They even gave my husband exact change for the car park round the corner, when they didn't know if he was visiting them!

Reviewed 17 June 2018 via mobile

Visited for a family meal on father’s day. A nice location in hamble village but food was a tad disappointing portions seem very small for prices charged and presentation is lacking orderd a fish pie which came out in a small enamel dish with a side of garden peas which was nice tasting just seemed very steep in price for such a small dish which for a similar price have had one double the size with locally sourced fish with a bigger variety of seafood as the one I had mainly consisted of salmon if I had know it was going to be as small as it was I would have ordered some sort of side dish as to serve the pie on its own need to be a lot larger

Reviewed 17 June 2018 via mobile

Visited with my friend and her dog. We sat outside which is a nice little area. My friend and I both had hake fishcakes for dinner which were well priced but could have done with some more fish in them as it was mostly potato. Overall the whole menu looked reasonably priced.

Reviewed 17 June 2018 via mobile

Hamble is a cute little village frequented by a large number of yachties. The most popular pub is just over the road and often very busy and hard to get a table. The bugle is barely 30m further on and just good for beer and food but without the crush.

We stopped there on a Thursday night and found a table inside and eventually were offered menus, the service is not fast, but you don’t feel rushed either. Food ordered and it arrived in a reasonable time and most of it was very good, my rump steak had toooo much fat on it for my liking, but it was cooked well, it came with 6 huge chips, as did the fish and 6 chips!

All in all it was an enjoyable evening, I’m sure I’ll be back.