“Not welcome”

The Horns
Price range: US$19 - US$50
Cuisines: British, Gastropub
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: From the outside this picturesque 15th century building could be any local, traditional pub. However, here at The Horns Pub Restaurant in Otford, Sevenoaks we have created a venue for all occasions. Pop in for a drink and choose from our local beers, wines or indulge in our exquisite seasonal restaurant menu whilst dining in charming and relaxed surroundings. Whether you’re with friends, family or colleagues our passionate kitchen team continue to strive to create and cook mouth watering dishes to suit you. From Kentish born & bred venison, local game and produce to buying from independent South-Coast fisherman we endeavour to bring you the freshest produce from across the land.
London, United Kingdom
“Not welcome”
Reviewed 28 December 2013

Well what can I say.
We have just returned from The Horns from our 8 oc booking (time now 9 15)
We arrived to find the door locked !
Upon knocking the bolt was drawn back but the door was not even opened for us.
We were seated & were the only people there so service should have been superb.
alas not
The usual bread was not offered & during the meal we didn't see anybody to order another drink from.
The food was as usual excellent.
The owners were not there tonight so perhaps that had something to do with it.
If this had been my first visit I would have been very disappointed
We left the restaurant after 2 courses & it wasn't even 9oc .
As we left the door was bolted behind us.
What a shame they took our booking earlier that evening when they obviously wanted an early night !!

• Visited December 2013
3 Thank Michelle E

London, United Kingdom
“Unexpected Lunch”
Reviewed 1 December 2013

We were with friends out walking and popped in for lunch, we hadn't' booked but were lucky.
Menu good but not shown any wine list even though interest expressed also not offered any water.
One meal was completely wrong fish and chips instead of rib-eye steak( even though steak ordered medium to well done??) When steak did turn up rare to medium!! We had to order coffees??
Waiter was efficient but not forthcoming about specials or any other things the pub had to offer.
We were wearing walking clothes perhaps not the type of customer this waiter wanted.
MN

• Visited November 2013
Bedford, United Kingdom
“Family mesl”
Reviewed 19 November 2013

6 of us met for a family reunion of mixed age. I was early but the staff let us in and made coffee as we waited for the rest. I had driven a 100 miles to be there. Wheelchair access was OK for an old building but the staff were very helpful.
The food was very good for posh pub grub. Lovely poached pears and goat's cheese. I had garlic prawns which were special. The home made soup also went down a treat. The venison steaks and the calf's liver were beautifully cooked and the portions were large-too much for me!!
Puds were also interesting as was the wine to accompany those able to imbibe.
The staff as I have indicated were great. Nothing was too much trouble and they had a great sense of humour.
I'll go back!

• Visited November 2013
Sevenoaks
“great service and good value”
Reviewed 9 September 2013

I had my birthday lunch at the Horns in March with the family including my 2 year old grandson. We were all made welcome and the service was excellent, friendly staff, and lovely food. We have returned on many occasions and have had a good meal at a reasonable price. Otford village is a great place to visit but if you want to browse the shops avoid Sundays as very little is open.

• Visited March 2013
Ashford, United Kingdom
“A great meal!”
Reviewed 23 August 2013

Knowing the Forge House well, we were recommended to try this restaurant owned by the same family, and what a great meal we had! Why not give it a try?

• Visited August 2013