“Quality traditional pub with good food”
Review of The Greyhound Pub

The Greyhound Pub
Ranked #6 of 18 Restaurants in Wivenhoe
Cuisines: Seafood, British, Gastropub
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 22 June 2018 via mobile

The pub is welcoming, with friendly staff. We ate at a table downstairs, although I was told there are tables upstairs used for dinner. The menu was typical pub food, with a good range of vegetarian meals as well as meaty ones. Between us we had the goats cheese tart and fish and chips. All meals were fresh and were generous portions, and tasted great. Good food at reasonable prices in very nice surroundings.

Reviewed 21 June 2018

Whilst the relatively new leaseholders have spent money on the venue, this is not immediately noticeable. So, there's little wow factor when you enter. Let's hope they carry on with the refurbishments. Good food, good variety of drinks and large child friendly beer garden at the rear with large TV.

Reviewed 13 June 2018 via mobile

Had a fantastic meal! I had the greyhound burger which was stacked and my partner the fish and chips. Very good price for the portion size topped off by friendly staff. Will visit again

Reviewed 29 May 2018

The food is excellent, presented well and of good quality. A carpet upgrade would be nice - sorry but did notice it. Bar and waiting staff friendly and professional, it is obvious the landlady works hard. Could hear a kitchen staff member using really offensive bad language, loudly - needs to massively tone it down or move out. On another occasion there was a small dog in the restaurant which kept barking in a high pitch, love dogs as a rule, but this jangled the nerves of all of us and totally spoilt the meal. To sum it up it’s a bit hit and miss, but if you are lucky (no barking dogs or swearing kitchen staff) you will enjoy.

Reviewed 2 May 2018

I visited this establishment over the weekend and was treated with no respect. Whilst being in the beer garden at 8pm a member of the staff came out and used explicit language towards me and my group which was unwarranted. When making a complaint we were accused of outrageous things, threatened and lies were told by who we believe to be the management. I have no fault about the bar staff and cannot comment on the food but your kitchen and and management staff are despicable. I will not be returning and going to one of the much friendly pubs in Wivenhoe.

3  Thank georgiahancox