I stayed in the Rebow Suite with my mother to celebrate her 50th birthday. The room and bathroom were perfect in every way with stunning views over the Wivenhoe Park gardens.
We had afternoon tea in one of the elegant drawing rooms, again with superb views. The best thing about the afternoon tea was that it was different; whilst remaining true to the tradition of afternoon tea, the menu was composed of a range of new and unique combinations of flavours for a more interesting experience.
The breakfast in the brasserie restaurant consisted of an impressive range of continental and cooked selection; all of the highest quality.
The staff were helpful and professional throughout our stay and were quick to accommodate our every need.
I would highly recommend a peaceful stay at the Wivenhoe House hotel, and the afternoon tea in particular.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Re-opened in June 2012 after a £10 Million refurbishment, Wivenhoe House Hotel is a 17th Century country house, which is also home to the Edge Hotel School. Students at the school work alongside professionals, as they study for their degree in Hotel Management. There are 40 rooms, 16 in the main house and 24 in the more modern garden wing. The brasserie offers breakfast lunch and dinner daily, and afternoon tea is served in the drawing room daily. The panoramic views over the wooded parkland tot he University of Essex, are stunning. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, LateRooms, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Wivenhoe House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wivenhoe House Hotel Colchester
- Wivenhoe Hotel Colchester
- Wivenhoe House Essex