My girlfriend and I popped into the Wivenhoe House last night for a coffee (and to be nosey tbh!), we were treated to a very warm welcome and polite, courteous staff and shown to a lovely table with an amazing view...
After ordering our coffees, James came and introduced himself and explained his passion for good coffee and set about making us a delicious coffee! We had been sitting admiring the view when James came and asked us if we would like a little tour of the House itself....he was very professional, informed, charming and polite!! We even had a tour of the gardens in all their summer sunshine splendour! Thank you to the staff and James for a lovely treat...totally unexpected but thoroughly enjoyed! Top marks and Top Coffee James!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Re-opened in June 2012 after a £10 Million refurbishment, Wivenhoe House Hotel is a 17th Century country house, which is also home to the Edge Hotel School. Students at the school work alongside professionals, as they study for their degree in Hotel Management. There are 40 rooms, 16 in the main house and 24 in the more modern garden wing. The brasserie offers breakfast lunch and dinner daily, and afternoon tea is served in the drawing room daily. The panoramic views over the wooded parkland tot he University of Essex, are stunning. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo, SpeedyBooker.com and Priceline so you can book your Wivenhoe House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wivenhoe House Hotel Colchester
- Wivenhoe Hotel Colchester
- Wivenhoe House Essex