We stayed here at the end of June while attending a friends wedding. We were quite early but they were happy to change our room so we could check in early (important as we had wedding clothes to change into)! The room was spacious with great views across the grounds within the university. My husband loved the fact there was an iMac in the room and a good coffee machine.
The staff were very accommodating helping to get even non residents from the wedding party taxi's etc. in the small wee hours when the bar had closed. Breakfast was delicious and we walked it off in the grounds of the hotel before checking out and heading home. Would certainly recommend!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Re-opened in June 2012 after a £10 Million refurbishment, Wivenhoe House Hotel is a 17th Century country house, which is also home to the Edge Hotel School. Students at the school work alongside professionals, as they study for their degree in Hotel Management. There are 40 rooms, 16 in the main house and 24 in the more modern garden wing. The brasserie offers breakfast lunch and dinner daily, and afternoon tea is served in the drawing room daily. The panoramic views over the wooded parkland tot he University of Essex, are stunning. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, getaroom.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Wivenhoe House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wivenhoe House Hotel Colchester
- Wivenhoe Hotel Colchester
- Wivenhoe House Essex