Wivenhoe House
PremierInn.com
US$151
US$137
  • Breakfast included
The Court House(Great Bromley)
US$105
Riverside Hotel(Colchester)
US$83
  • Bar/Lounge
US$96
PremierInn.com
All reviewsafternoon teaessex universityhotel managementsandwichesbrasserie restaurantnew wingan appleold housethe main housemacaroonscoffee machineconstable suitebeautiful roomgarden wingwaiting staffsunday lunchno air conditioning
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 July 2014

We stayed here at the end of June while attending a friends wedding. We were quite early but they were happy to change our room so we could check in early (important as we had wedding clothes to change into)! The room was spacious with great views across the grounds within the university. My husband loved the fact there was an iMac in the room and a good coffee machine.
The staff were very accommodating helping to get even non residents from the wedding party taxi's etc. in the small wee hours when the bar had closed. Breakfast was delicious and we walked it off in the grounds of the hotel before checking out and heading home. Would certainly recommend!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Damir T, General Manager at Wivenhoe House, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Thank you very much for sparing some time and sharing your lovely feedback with us. It is great to hear that you enjoyed the wedding in June with us. The team puts every effort in making these special occasions for all individuals involved memorable ones, which judging by your great feedback we may have achieved. We very much look forward to seeing you and your husband again at some point in the future. Regards, Damir Terzic.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

This place is a gem.

I was on business at the University of Essex, and arrived at the hotel the night before my visit to the Uni, after a very long and tiring day of meetings in London.

When I arrived I was greeted by very professional, courteous and helpful staff. I was allocated a room that didn't have a bath, and when I was being shown around my room, I asked if a room with a bath would be available. They helpful young man very quickly changed my room to the Wyvern. Excellent room, good size, excellent bathroom, good views of the garden and the uni campus, massive and incredibly comfortable bed.

A nice bath and a great nights sleep followed by poached eggs on toast and tea on the terrace before heading off to me meeting.

Wonderful standards of quality and service; I can't wait for my return.

Thank you for a great stay.

Room Tip: Ask for the Wyvern, its ace!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank johnLFC23

Dear John,

thank you very much for taking the time and posting an online review. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and we could make your business trip to Essex hopefully a very successful one. Your comments will be passed on to the team and we very much look forward to seeing you back. Regards, Damir Terzic.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

Stayed in one of the rooms in the new wing. Maybe not as individual as some of the others, but spacious, comfortable, clean and had everything I needed.

Great restaurant, and extensive grounds to wander round in.

I was on business at the University of Essex, so location couldn't have been any better,

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Jerry N
Damir T, General Manager at Wivenhoe House, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Dear Jerry,

thank you very much for taking the time and posting an online review. I am extremely pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay. Your comments will be shared amongst all staff and students and I hope business will bring you back to Wivenhoe in the near future. Regards, Damir Terzic

Reviewed 13 July 2014

Me and my boyfriend stayed in a king balcony room and it was clean, had all the latest gadgets and had a beautiful view. All the staff were so lovely and helpful. Looking forward to staying again soon.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank LeIgh631

Thank you very much for your positive review. I am delighted to read you enjoyed your stay with us. Your comments will certainly be passed on to the entire team and we very much look forward to seeing you back. Regards, Damir Terzic.

Reviewed 12 July 2014

I had a need to stay in Colchester on 13/12/13 . Felt like "spoiling" so did and found the place to do it ...
I have now moved to Colchester BUT will stay again if the mood required it !
Loved the view from the balcony ...
Breakfast was "to die for "

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank KenBessent
Damir T, General Manager at Wivenhoe House, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2014

Dear Ken,

thank you very much for posting a review online. I am delighted to read that you had enjoyed your stay with us back in December and that we have hopefully established a lasting relationship with yourselves as your second home in Colchester. Many thanks for your comments which will be shared with the entire team and we look forward to seeing you back in the near future. Regards, Damir Terzic.