“A real gem.......”

Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
West Midlands, United Kingdom
“A real gem.......”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

This gem of a pub is tucked away in the leafy village of Whiteleaf. The food is extremely good and well presented. The staff are very welcoming and always make you feel welcome. The atmosphere is snug and in winter there is an open fire.

I have eaten here several times on different days of the week and times of the day. This last visit I took my dad for lunch and as always we were not disappointed. We sat in the bar area to eat but when they are busy there is an extension with formal table seating.

• Visited June 2014

High Wycombe, United Kingdom
“Great food”
Reviewed 26 June 2014

I have eaten here for Sunday Lunch which was delicious and I couldn't fault it one bit! Also it was a very good price and also I have eaten on their Tuesday steak night special and the steak was brilliant. Hats off to the chef!

**Good party venue for many people aswell!

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank katieandbilly
London, United Kingdom
“Great pub and excellent staff”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Never been before, had to go to Princes Risborough so told the wife we would go for a pub lunch at whichever pub had the best tripadvisor rating....and this was it.

Firstly if you are driving from the direction we came in you turn in to the road and could think " there is no way there is a pub down here" as it looks like a narrow, upmarket, residential street. The pub has a small car park to the front, not sure if there is more around the back.

OK, we were spoilt as it was a blazing hot afternoon and sitting outside on the seats with the pub and quiet road as a back drop was a bit special....somewhat like the service.....

The pub was open between noon at three (I assume) and we arrived at one pm, I ordered a pint of Doombar and as soon as I heard it being pulled I could tell it was the first one off for the day.....not a good start I thought...I need not have worried... as soon as the lady (girl) serving saw it she lobbed it away an pulled another one....and that was fine. Some places would have tried to get away with it. Not here....

We both ordered lunch, a ploughmans and a sausage sandwich and both were generous and excellent.

All in all I would love to go there again...and again....and again, such a shame I live 30 miles away.

I recommend it, and if you were the girl behind the bar...you were a delight.

• Visited June 2014
“Great pub to visit”
Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

After a walk in the perfect countryside this is a great pub to have an honest lunch.
Very friendly and attractive bar staff warm welcome from the landlady.
We will be back!

Aylesbury, England, United Kingdom
“Large portions.”
Reviewed 20 February 2014

Four of us dined here on a wet Friday lunchtime. Menu is basic, I would say a little stuck in the '80s (chilli, lasagne, ham egg and chips), but they also have wraps. Everything was well cooked and tasty and very reasonably priced. Staff are friendly. A good place to come to for a filling lunch after walking in this area.

• Visited February 2014