“Great Day in the Cotswolds”

Cotswold Tours by Fowler Tours
Ranked #1 of 4 things to do in Charlbury
More attraction details
Owner description: My name is Ken Fowler and I was born and educated in the Cotswolds. I am passionate about my heritage and love to share it with visitors and friends. I am offering personal tours of the Cotswolds in my air conditioned VW Sharan which can take you where a tour bus might struggle. I am completely flexible and will be there to act as your driver, guide and friend. I can pick you up from a local hotel, or, if you are coming from London, I can pick you up from a local railway station such as Charlbury, which is just over an hour from London, so returning to London in time for dinner is quite feasible. I will of course return you to your hotel or railway station at the end of the day.
Peoria, az, United States
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great Day in the Cotswolds”
Reviewed 23 August 2014

With only one day to tour the Cotswolds, we could not have hoped for a more enjoyable day. It was a joy to spend the day with Ken as he showed us the beautiful countryside, charming villages, and shared with us his extensive knowledge of the area. Ken was raised and lives in the Cotswolds and provided us with both interesting and entertaining information, some of which only a "local" would know. We had hoped to see and experience a taste of the "real Cotswolds" as opposed to the big tourist stops and definitely feel that this was accomplished, including lunch at a lovely country Inn. Prior to our trip to the UK, we exchanged several e-mails with Ken regarding the tour and he was always prompt and thorough in his responses as we discussed the details of the tour and the itinerary. He definitely provided us with a tour that took into account what we hoped to see and experience, and then some.

To say we were thoroughly pleased is an understatement. We can't imagine that there could have been a better tour and are thankful to Ken for providing us with one of the highlights of our trip to the UK.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Bruce M

La Crescenta, California, United States
“Cotswolds”
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Ken was friendly, knowledgeable, and entertaining. He showed us the countryside, we visited a couple quaint towns, and he found us a place to take archery lessons in a beautiful location. He drove out of his way to take us to Gloucester Cathedral, which was stunning. I would love to return, but for more than one day. This was the highlight of our trip to England!

northern NJ
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Friendly private guide in Costwolds”
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Ken Fowler grew up in Burford where we stayed. He was very knowledgeable about all the local towns and beautiful scenic stops. He suggested the Bull,which we thoroughly enjoyed.Also he was accommodating to our special requests for places to visit.

1 Thank lululeo
McKinney, TX
3 attraction reviews
“Outstanding Tour Guide!”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Ken Fowler gave us the most wonderful tour of the Cotswolds that we could have hoped for! He is very knowledgeable and thoroughly detailed in planning, even planning lunch every day at the most charming local pubs or restaurants. He took our suggestions into consideration in advance of our trip and then added many additional scenic villages to see. Ken was interesting to talk to during our 4-day trip, and we thoroughly enjoyed every minute with him.

Sacramento, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best day of your trip”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

My mom and I agree that our full day Cotswold tour with Ken was the best day of our UK tour. We learned a tremendous amount, were immersed in beauty, and enjoyed getting to know and laughing with Ken. I cannot recommend the tour enough. I just wish we had booked him for two or three days!

Visited July 2014