Veranda High Resort Chiang Mai - MGallery Collection
Belle Villa Resort Chiang Mai(Hang Dong)(Great Value!)
US$47
  • Pool
Travelocity
Baan Kanok(Hang Dong)
1,062 results
All reviewsinfinity poolhigher roomchiang maiday bedkids clubrabiang chanight marketshuttle busdinner restaurantmountain viewhuge bathtubpavilion roomevery eveningbreakfast buffet isrelaxing atmospheregolf cartrice paddies
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Stayed 2 nights with friends from Bangkok in a Jacuzzi Pavilion,Very enjoy with their excellent services, beautiful luxury resort with gorgeous infinity outdoor pool, great for adult and kids with 60 acres includes their own rice paddy! Perfect place for adults and kids to be relaxed. Only downside,lots of Mosquitos, but resort try their best with extermination, not really their fault! Overall, for someone usually finding fault at resorts, I really loved their "service mind"! from all staffs! can not wait to be back !

Room Tip: Room on top floor are very nice view!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Macnum9999
Reviewed 5 June 2014

I stayed at Veranda only for one night, and stayed in Plunge Pool Pavilion. The private pool is nice with beautiful view. The staff are friendly and the service was fantastic. The hotel also has a superb infinity outdoor pool.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JosephNg
VerandaChaingMai, Management Team at Veranda High Resort Chiang Mai - MGallery Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Thank you for staying with us at Veranda the High Resort Chiang Mai and taking the time to give us a review on Tripadvisor.

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and appreciate your feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Veranda the High Resort Chiang Mai during your next stay in Chiang Mai.

Management Team

Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed here during the second leg of our Thailand honeymoon for 5 days. The grounds and rooms are just amazing!!! We have stayed at many resorts and these rooms are exceptionally built and designed. They are sooo beautiful. The view out from the pool and restaurant don't get better. Even the workout room view is great. While it does take 30 min to get into town- for the peace and beautiful nature - it's worth it. They run a shuttle at least twice a day fir no extra charge into night bazaar and near old city. People are very kind in general. There's even a very romantic tree house dinning option. Perfect for romance and getaway.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Cami Z
VerandaChaingMai, Managing Director at Veranda High Resort Chiang Mai - MGallery Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and appreciate your feedback.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

DON'T HAVE A WEDDING HERE UNLESS YOU ARE THAI.

I booked my wedding here because it was an amazing venue which would be perfect for an unforgettable wedding, and the location delivered the views were breathtaking, the facilities were 5 star.

Sadly it didn't deliver because the Salesperson/Events manager who sold us the package ruined our special day. We arrange with them to have 2 menus one for the Thai guests and one for the International guests. We paid extra of course for the service but unfortunately they didn't deliver in fact no international guests were served. I found out at the end of the night after all the running around a groom does at a wedding that the staff complete excluded the international guests.

There was no menu or food for all the international guests, they literally were not served at all. they weren't even given any wedding cake. The whole table of 15 guests were completely ignored the whole night.

When I found out I was understandably angry and wanted to speak to the Salesperson/Events manger named Poo who was responsible for the service to get this resolved and to have some food delivered to my hungry guests. Unfortunately she who had managed the whole event disappeared and would only talk to me on the phone.

When I requested food for my uk guests they said the kitchen was now closed and it was too late, as you can imagine this resulted in me blowing my top. The guests who had paid for this wedding were basically treated like second class citizens.

The Thai guests were served well of course and were very happen with the venue and the night.

On top of this when we went to pay for the event the following day they still tried to charge me for the second menu after ruining the night. The staff on the whole were friendly and somewhat helpful but the event manager and Salesperson named Poo who should have made sure the service offered and paid for was delivered failed to do her job.

I've raised a letter of complaint with the General Manager about Poo and unless she is removed from post I would strongly advise any non Thai people thinking of using Veranda from using this venue for any special event.

Such a lovely venue destroyed by the events person responsible for delivering what you pay for.

Something that will never be forgotten not just because its a 5 star expensive venue but because a wedding is a very special day for people.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Mario A
VerandaChaingMai, Managing Director at Veranda High Resort Chiang Mai - MGallery Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Please accept my sincere apology for the misunderstanding occurred. I assure you that this matter will be taken care of right away.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

Stayed with a friend for two nights out of a 11 day trip to Thailand. The hotel was far. I definitely did not do enough research into the distance it would take to get to downtown Chiang Mai (about 30-40 min). The first day we got there, we did not realize that there wouldn't be taxi service, so we had to use the hotel car service which was 900 baht ($30 USD) one way….ridiculous!!! We paid 450 baht to get there from the airport, could not believe how much they were charging. We had no choice so we paid it. Tip: ask your cab driver from the airport for a business card, and arrange for pickups with them. The hotel has a free shuttle at 10am, comes back at 2pm and 7pm, comes back at 10pm. We used the shuttle at 7pm, but it doesn't give you much time to explore since it take 40 minutes to get there.

The room was nice, but smaller than I expected. The second day of our stay we noticed a little lizard on our wall. The next morning, we were awakened by a loud noise, presumably by this little lizard. Well needless to say, me and my friend were both freaked out for a day and a half by this…lots of other nature noises happening every night and morning. Coming from NYC, it was a bit of a shocker, I guess that's what you get when you pick a hotel in the middle of no where.

The best part of the hotel was the amazing pool. The view was beautiful. It was a little weird to have people at breakfast staring at you while you're enjoying a swim, since the pool is located next to the restaurant…but who cares I guess?

While exploring downtown, we met a driver who agreed to pick us up at the hotel and take us to see tigers, the long necks, monkeys, elephants, and snakes. Seemed like every driver we met was pushing this excursion, so we agreed. The drive charged 1000 baht to drive us everywhere for a day, and each show cost 200-500 baht per person. We left at 10:30am and was back at 5:30. It was all worth every baht, except the monkey show. Hated to see monkeys chained up pacing back and forth and only able to walk about 5 feet. We were very uncomfortable with that show, but everything else was great. We probably could have negotiated a better price with the driver if we were there longer.

On check out morning, we phoned the front desk to ask them to send someone to pick up our bags at 6:40 since we had a driver coming to pick us up at 6:45…no one came…so we dragged our bags up and down the hill, through the rocks and to the front desk ourselves.

If you want to be secluded, then this might be a good hotel for you. Very difficult to take a taxi back to the resort because many drivers do not know where it's located. Although it was nice, it was not for me.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
VerandaChaingMai, Managing Director at Veranda High Resort Chiang Mai - MGallery Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Thank you very much for your comments and suggestions, we will focus on the advice given.

Again, thank you for your valuable feedback to improve our services and facilities as complete satisfaction is our goal of Veranda Chiang Mai - The High Resort.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Veranda Chiang Mai - The High Resort during your next stay in Chiang Mai.