“Pleasantly surprised”

WesternBay Boqueron Beach Hotel
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Boqueron
Reviewed 24 June 2011

I live in PR and had stayed here about 5 years ago but was hesitant after reading the horrible reviews but this was the only place available. We were pleasantly surprised. The staff was very friendly and willing to please. We got an upgrade to a room with a balcony. Okay, the hotel only has a view to the street rather than the open expanse of Bird Santuary but it's a quiet street and fun to see the daily goings on. The place was exceptionally clean, new mattresses, pillows, quiet, but that also depends on the weekend one goes since this area is a hopping place (Key West style) but the hotel is away from all the loud action and you can easily walk to it even at night. The beach is also in walking distance and some really good restaurants in a quiet area. Some things can be improved, shower soap dish rusted away and not replaced also can serve local bread for the continental breakfast instead of slice bread, but across the street you can get a great breakfast for $3.50 in a quaint old cafeteria. The street in front of the hotel great for early joggers as you try to identify the birds in the area. And no rugs in the room, just all tiled, love that. The pool okay for cooling down and stays open until 10pm so you can have a moonlight swim. My husband took his cameras and laptop and had no problems as he left them in the room at times. Will definitely return

Room Tip: Definitely the rooms with balconies are best
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank laneni_4

Reviewed 16 July 2010

Not a nice place to stay at all! Rooms were not clean, there was a plastic knife between our sheets, sheets looked dirty (even the clean ones we got from the front desk). Unexpierenced staff gave us a room (no windows) with one bed even though she saw three persons standing in front of her desk. We paid 150 dollars, for 20 dollars more you can stay in for example the Hilton Caribe! So if you have the chance to drive further I would certainly do!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank Coever
Reviewed 16 July 2010

We checked in and within 15 minutes checked out. The bathroon was FILTHY, the rooms were not what I expected, the pool is so close to the street that there is NO privacy at all. At the front desk they sell mosquito repellant bracelets, so use your imagination on that one.
I'd recommend it for Frat parties NOT for families.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 April 2010

The king size bed was very comfortable, the A/C worked just fine, very good service. The pool was Ok but not the best. The room was always nice and clean. Good location. Good prices.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with friends
787-851-7110, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at WesternBay Boqueron Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2010

Thank you for choosing us as the hotel of your destination. We are working on the pool to improve it. We are making a lot of changes, and the WesternBay Boqueron Beach Hotel will love to have you back so you can enjoy the changes for the better and the comfort of our guests. lokking foward to have you back!

Reviewed 28 August 2009

I stayed again in this hotel after a past not so pleasant stay because of its proximity to the beach ,The door had no security lock any one can open it very easily.No security boxes to leave our things(jewelry etc. The bathrooms are old and look dirty .I almost fall in the slimy floor so i decided to put a towel in the floor. The curtains are so flimsy that you wake up at 5:30 AM when the sun comes out. My friend left 2 gold chains in the room while we went to the beach to prevent losing them and guess what they disappear from the room and when we complain they even told us that we were liars. I have travelled all over the world and I have never stayed in a hotel wher I felt so insecure when i went to sleep. Ah the food was so salty that I could not eat it and all they said was we are sorry .We had to pay for it .

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with friends

We are under new administration, we have worked everything out for the security of our guest because in this administration the Guest is the most important thing for us. For us security is an important matter . The safety of our guest belongings has been taken care of, we have installed security cameras all over the place and have a great security team that really provides you protection. Regardless this new administration wasn't here at the time we apologize for what happened to you in this hotel. We wish to have you back and have a really good dinner in our restaurant out Chef is one of the best in town and I assure you he would make it up to you. From the new family of Westernbay Boqueron Beach Hotel we will be more than honored to have you back and give us the chance to prove that we are a safe place to stay and our restaurant serves great food at wonderful prices if you give us the chance we will not let you down.

Reviewed 15 June 2009

Hi,
People living in Boqueron would recommend avoiding the Boqueron Beach Hotel at any cost. The hotel runs extremely noisy parties even during the week and until 2-3 am....
Call the hotel and they'll tell you they cannot do anything about it...

A very bad choice or maybe a good one if you plan on booking a hotel for not being able to sleep...

• Stayed: June 2009

We are extremely sorry that you had to go trough that bad experience. Westernbay Boqueron Beach Hotel is under a new administration and we are very considerate with our guest. I will love to make it up to you in this brand new administration, where the must important thing for us is our guest and they comfort and tranquility. You are more than welcome to visit us we will love to have you, for us is very IMPORTANT that you give us the chance to give you the excellent service that we offer.

Reviewed 24 January 2009

I stayed at this property for two nights because a friend was getting married and this was the guest hotel. My only complaint, the accomodations. The hotel seemed clean, but the room furnishings/decorations were sparce. The balcony chairs were dirty, air conditioning loud, hot water non-existent and the shower, although I believe it was clean, looked dirty. Not sure how you can possibly sanitize a tile floor in a shower. I only got 13 channels of "cable" of which 6 were English and none of them network stations or even cable news stations. None of the refrigerators are plugged in; so expect to plug in your refrigerator and give it time to cool when you check-in. I was given one hand towel on my first night. The next day there were no face or hand towels, only body towels. When I asked for hand or body towels I was told that there were none. I stated that I had one the day before and was told because of theft, the number was limited. Lesson: bring your own or expect to use body towels for the length of your stay. The room smelled "stale" as though no one had stayed there for some time.

I will say the restaurant was excellent and during the times the restaurant is not open, there is a local place across the street with good food as well as the town center. Beach is a 5 - 10 walk away and is fantastic! The party room (on the top floor) was great for the wedding and the package my friend got for the wedding was very good (included decorations, a team of people to decorate, hair and makeup for bride and wedding party, food package, honeymoon suite for bride/groom and band).

I stayed here for two nights. I wanted to stay at the Aquarius a block or two down the road (and closer to the beach), but thought it would be rude to my friend to stay away from the rest of the wedding party.

Overall, the hotel appeared to be clean, and with a little TLC, would feel clean. If you don't plan on spending much time in a hotel room, this place will do for the price.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Angelique0706
Also consider these accommodations in or near Boqueron
Combate Beach Resort
Cofresi Beach Hotel
#3 of 4 in Boqueron
Holiday Inn Mayaquez & Tropical Casino
Parguera Plaza Hotel

Been to WesternBay Boqueron Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!