“Clean & Simple”

WesternBay Boqueron Beach Hotel
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Boqueron
Reviewed 15 March 2013

The service of the hotel was very good, the rooms were very clean. Only thing that needs an upgrade is the bathroom since they look old and a lil dirty, but nothing serious. Overall and for the price you pay for its a good hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 10 February 2013 via mobile

When we arrived around 2pm on a
Friday, I did the check in and noticed that the rooms (3) I was given were not the balcony rooms I chose. They were inside rooms no exterior view or windows. Once inside, they were stuffy, dirty and stinky. I went to the front desk to complain and the employee in a very rude and uncaring way told me the rooms with balcony were an extra charge. This was not explained to me when reservations were made. Although the hotel was empty, they weren't accommodating. They just expected us to pay $35 more per night per room for something I originally asked for when I reserved. I decided to limit my stay to one night and go elsewhere for the rest of my stay. I definitely would not recommend this place.

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed 10 February 2013 via mobile

Bad first impression as soon as arrived, needed maintenance in facade and lobby. Worm out furniture and acoustic ceilings with spiderwebs. Rooms dark and musty, not as advertised. When we found had no windows to the exterior or balcony as we had reserved, clerk offered no alternatives though hotel but almost empty. We stayed only one night and left next day to another hotel.

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed 2 January 2013 via mobile

The customer service is terrible! The conditions of the rooms are very poor. The person who performed our check in, do not has owner of "customer care". The A/C conditions are terrible (fungus, dust and missing parts). I do not recomend to anyone to stay in this place!

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed 31 August 2012

I consider its had issues in the past. I got better service at the front desk, rooms were clean and price for location was very good. Being in the caribbean you have to enjoy the night life and its culture. I recommend this hotel due to its location near the beach and night life within walking distance. If you want peace and quiet then find a cabana in the mountains somewhere. Overall i will be back soon

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed 3 July 2012

Stayed in this hotel with my family, Rented 3 rooms.

There's huge cracks under the door so any bug or small animal can fit through.
We woke up one morning and my cousins suitecase was ANT infested, ( had to throw out all of her clothes). We lifted her mattress and there was a TRIBE of ants marching around under the mattress.

We complained and the front desk told us they couldn't do anything, that the hot weather attracts the bugs. STUPIDITY.

Dashed out of there and never looked back!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Jocelyn M
Reviewed 16 June 2012

I arrived at 11:30 after checking out of my prior hotel and asked if I can have an early check-in or if I can at least leave my luggage in storage until 3pm and was told no, after asking to speak to a manager I was told that for an extra $30.00 I could be checked in to my room early. I also asked about how much it would cost to extend my stay for Monday and Tuesday night and was told teh rate would be $87.20 each night which I agreed to; on Monday evening I was informed that I was due to check out on Tuesday morning and when I explained what I was told that the rate was $168.00 a night because it was HIGH SEASON. i found this very interesting because there were just 4 guests in the entire hotel and when we got back after having dinner all the hotel's lobby lights had been turned off.

On Tuesday morning I spoke to the manager who spoke to the accountant and after I pleaded my case I received a refund of $81.75 because the staff person that checked me in had made a mistake.

The hotel's location is great for a weekend stay, but through out the week the entire town is a ghost town.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank iloveny2
Also consider these accommodations in or near Boqueron
Combate Beach Resort
Cofresi Beach Hotel
#3 of 4 in Boqueron
Holiday Inn Mayaquez & Tropical Casino
Parguera Plaza Hotel

Been to WesternBay Boqueron Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!