“Great location”

WesternBay Boqueron Beach Hotel
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Boqueron
Reviewed 2 April 2013

Good service, they were very friendly and accomodating. The rooms were very clean, nice sheets, the beds were comfortable. The bathrooms could be upgraded since its the only part of the room that looks old, but still were clean and had all you need, towels, soap, lotion, etc. For the price I would say that it is worth it. Plus, the location of the hotel is very nice since its walking distance from the good spots in that area. Would definetely stay here again.

Reviewed 31 March 2013

I stayed there for a family reunion and it was great. Superb views of the bay, great rooms a little expensive maybe but for the rest it was ok. The parking though needs improvement. Too litlle space for the demand.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 March 2013

There is a world of difference between a good value and a cheap. If you want to know what that is, book a room at the Boqueron Beach Hotel. Although it wasn't that cheap at $108USD a night.

A family member warned us after we booked of the hotel running out of water back in 2008. Well by 2013 it was fixed except that water wasn't hot for guests like my friend who enjoys her nice steamy shower at night.

But that was only the beginning. I used Booking.com which offers an early check-in feature; a complete mystery to the rude agent at front desk, who was only friendly after my friend spoke Spanish.

The facility itself looked like a nice hotel that was just neglected for too long, from the layer of dust that covered everything, to the cracking paint on what was probably once was a nice pool-side bar, to the cob webs by the window in the bathroom. I'd understand if it was a cabin out in the woods but this place advertised wifi which only worked in the unappealing lobby, when the front desk rebooted it, cable which only worked on our last day and a pretty red brick floor tile which left a film of dirt on the bottom of our feet that darkened the shower base like we'd been walking barefoot through a coal mine. Ok... a slight exaggeration but we did have to wear sandals IN our room until they came up to clean the floor.

Needless to say this was our first and last time here. Travellers, Caveat emptor!

Room Tip: If you find yourself here, make sure you have/rent a car (parking is free). Only use it as a place t...
Reviewed 15 March 2013

The service of the hotel was very good, the rooms were very clean. Only thing that needs an upgrade is the bathroom since they look old and a lil dirty, but nothing serious. Overall and for the price you pay for its a good hotel.

Reviewed 10 February 2013 via mobile

When we arrived around 2pm on a
Friday, I did the check in and noticed that the rooms (3) I was given were not the balcony rooms I chose. They were inside rooms no exterior view or windows. Once inside, they were stuffy, dirty and stinky. I went to the front desk to complain and the employee in a very rude and uncaring way told me the rooms with balcony were an extra charge. This was not explained to me when reservations were made. Although the hotel was empty, they weren't accommodating. They just expected us to pay $35 more per night per room for something I originally asked for when I reserved. I decided to limit my stay to one night and go elsewhere for the rest of my stay. I definitely would not recommend this place.

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed 10 February 2013 via mobile

Bad first impression as soon as arrived, needed maintenance in facade and lobby. Worm out furniture and acoustic ceilings with spiderwebs. Rooms dark and musty, not as advertised. When we found had no windows to the exterior or balcony as we had reserved, clerk offered no alternatives though hotel but almost empty. We stayed only one night and left next day to another hotel.

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed 2 January 2013 via mobile

The customer service is terrible! The conditions of the rooms are very poor. The person who performed our check in, do not has owner of "customer care". The A/C conditions are terrible (fungus, dust and missing parts). I do not recomend to anyone to stay in this place!

• Stayed: January 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Boqueron
2 mi away
Cofresi Beach Hotel
#3 of 4 in Boqueron
Grand Bahi-a Ocean View Hotel
Howard Johnson Inn Downtown Mayaguez PR

Been to WesternBay Boqueron Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!