“NEVER AGAIN...”

Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Boqueron
arecibo
“NEVER AGAIN...”
Reviewed 16 July 2010

We checked in and within 15 minutes checked out. The bathroon was FILTHY, the rooms were not what I expected, the pool is so close to the street that there is NO privacy at all. At the front desk they sell mosquito repellant bracelets, so use your imagination on that one.
I'd recommend it for Frat parties NOT for families.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Caguas
Reviewed 5 April 2010

The king size bed was very comfortable, the A/C worked just fine, very good service. The pool was Ok but not the best. The room was always nice and clean. Good location. Good prices.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with friends
787-851-7110, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at WesternBay Boqueron Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 12 May 2010
Thank you for choosing us as the hotel of your destination. We are working on the pool to improve it. We are making a lot of changes, and the WesternBay Boqueron Beach Hotel will love to have you back so you can enjoy the changes for the better and the comfort of our guests. lokking foward to have you back!
carolina,PR
Reviewed 28 August 2009

I stayed again in this hotel after a past not so pleasant stay because of its proximity to the beach ,The door had no security lock any one can open it very easily.No security boxes to leave our things(jewelry etc. The bathrooms are old and look dirty .I almost fall in the slimy floor so i decided to put a towel in the floor. The curtains are so flimsy that you wake up at 5:30 AM when the sun comes out. My friend left 2 gold chains in the room while we went to the beach to prevent losing them and guess what they disappear from the room and when we complain they even told us that we were liars. I have travelled all over the world and I have never stayed in a hotel wher I felt so insecure when i went to sleep. Ah the food was so salty that I could not eat it and all they said was we are sorry .We had to pay for it .

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with friends
We are under new administration, we have worked everything out for the security of our guest because in this administration the Guest is the most important thing for us. For us security is an important matter . The safety of our guest belongings has been taken care of, we have installed security cameras all over the place and have a great security team that really provides you protection. Regardless this new administration wasn't here at the time we apologize for what happened to you in this hotel. We wish to have you back and have a really good dinner in our restaurant out Chef is one of the best in town and I assure you he would make it up to you. From the new family of Westernbay Boqueron Beach Hotel we will be more than honored to have you back and give us the chance to prove that we are a safe place to stay and our restaurant serves great food at wonderful prices if you give us the chance we will not let you down.

Travellers are raving about these Boqueron hotels

Boqueron
Reviewed 15 June 2009

Hi,
People living in Boqueron would recommend avoiding the Boqueron Beach Hotel at any cost. The hotel runs extremely noisy parties even during the week and until 2-3 am....
Call the hotel and they'll tell you they cannot do anything about it...

A very bad choice or maybe a good one if you plan on booking a hotel for not being able to sleep...

• Stayed June 2009
We are extremely sorry that you had to go trough that bad experience. Westernbay Boqueron Beach Hotel is under a new administration and we are very considerate with our guest. I will love to make it up to you in this brand new administration, where the must important thing for us is our guest and they comfort and tranquility. You are more than welcome to visit us we will love to have you, for us is very IMPORTANT that you give us the chance to give you the excellent service that we offer.
Chicago
Reviewed 24 January 2009

I stayed at this property for two nights because a friend was getting married and this was the guest hotel. My only complaint, the accomodations. The hotel seemed clean, but the room furnishings/decorations were sparce. The balcony chairs were dirty, air conditioning loud, hot water non-existent and the shower, although I believe it was clean, looked dirty. Not sure how you can possibly sanitize a tile floor in a shower. I only got 13 channels of "cable" of which 6 were English and none of them network stations or even cable news stations. None of the refrigerators are plugged in; so expect to plug in your refrigerator and give it time to cool when you check-in. I was given one hand towel on my first night. The next day there were no face or hand towels, only body towels. When I asked for hand or body towels I was told that there were none. I stated that I had one the day before and was told because of theft, the number was limited. Lesson: bring your own or expect to use body towels for the length of your stay. The room smelled "stale" as though no one had stayed there for some time.

I will say the restaurant was excellent and during the times the restaurant is not open, there is a local place across the street with good food as well as the town center. Beach is a 5 - 10 walk away and is fantastic! The party room (on the top floor) was great for the wedding and the package my friend got for the wedding was very good (included decorations, a team of people to decorate, hair and makeup for bride and wedding party, food package, honeymoon suite for bride/groom and band).

I stayed here for two nights. I wanted to stay at the Aquarius a block or two down the road (and closer to the beach), but thought it would be rude to my friend to stay away from the rest of the wedding party.

Overall, the hotel appeared to be clean, and with a little TLC, would feel clean. If you don't plan on spending much time in a hotel room, this place will do for the price.

• Liked — proximity to beach
  • Disliked — didn't feel clean, although I believe it was. Need some hand/face towels
  • Stayed January 2009, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Angelique0706
San Juan
Reviewed 15 November 2008

I rented two rooms for my whole family and we could not sleep for the whole weekend. It was like spending a weekend at a frat house. College kids were drinking,screaming, swearing running through the corridor and stairs. I called the front desk thr first night and they did not do anything. The screaming, swearing and running went on until 5am. The next night, the same thing. I called the fonrt desk again. The young man attending the front desks could not control the situation. There was no manager. The front desk clerk had instructions not to wake him up. He refused to call the police. We could not sleep. The next morning still no mananger. Another employee took my complaint and told me they would call me. I have not heard from the hotel. The whole experience was a nightmare!!!!!! A pity because the rooms are clean and comfortable. Before I forget, DO NOT choose the meal inclusive package. Continental breakfast is: whole milk(no 2% or skim), orange juice, frosted flakes or cheerios,white bread only,coffee(no decaf), bannanas and pinneapples if you are lucky. For dinner, the restaurant was almost empty and both nights we had to wait for 2 hours for the food, even though it was a fixed menu. TERRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!

• Liked — Comfortable room
  • Disliked — Too much noise, could not sleep at all!!! Restaurant had terrible services and very expensive.
  • Stayed November 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
Westernbay Boqueron Beach Hotel is now under new administration we do not tolerate reckless behavior neither guest disturbing the peace of other guest. We have a great security team that does not aloud that type of behavior here. We have the best and must high qualified staff of employees to deal with any kind of situation that may occur in the hotel, We have a 24 our Manager more than willing to help or mediate in any type of situation. Here in WesternBay Boqueron Beach our guest are the number one priory. For us is important the safety and tranquility of our guest. We would love to have you back with your family, it will be more than a pleasure to have you back.
Saint Petersburg
Reviewed 20 February 2008

It is a good hotel for a one or two night stay. Staff is friendly. Beds were ok. Room was a little small. No hot water in the shower.Burrr! Very close to the main village and beach. Would recommend to young adults and couples that don't spend too much time in their rooms. It was clean. Good for the price. I would stay there again for a short stay.

• Liked — Inexpensive Close to beach
  • Disliked — Small room
  • Stayed February 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Boqueron
Combate Beach Resort
Cofresi Beach Hotel
#4 of 5 in Boqueron
Holiday Inn Mayaquez & Tropical Casino
Grand Bahi-a Ocean View Hotel

Been to WesternBay Boqueron Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!