“a really good restaurant”
Review of La Subida

La Subida
Ranked #1 of 45 Restaurants in Cormons
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 26 September 2013

the place is tucked away by the slovenian border but is well worth a detour. A lovely venue, service is extremely good and the food is really top-notch and not overpriced for what you get. A beautifully-designed menu as well, clearly a lot of care has been taken

1  Thank PM S

Reviewed 19 September 2013

At La Subida there is an upstairs retaurant and an osteria downstairs. We visited osteria last week for lunch and were hugely disappointed. It seems there is no resident chef for lunch and they just warm up pre-prepared food. My wife ordered a plate of orzo with roast turkey, she was served with just orzo and when we asked where was the turkey we were first told that it was cut up in small pieces in the orzo, when we insisted that there was no turkey, the waitress excused herself and said the turkey had finished and asked my wife if she wanted some chicken instead? For what we paid we really felt cheated and I do not recommend such a bitter stupid experience to anyone especially when on holiday. Except for this unfortunate incident otherwise the Friuli area as is the rest of Italy are a superb place to visit.

2  Thank Kevin M
Reviewed 19 September 2013

La Subida is by no exception the best dining adress in Collio. Beautiful countryhouse just outside of Cormons, La Subida is hospitality. The owners are always there to welcome you. The sommelier is young but already very good. Little advice go for one of the menu's and ask the sommelier to pair the food with their wines. You be amazed how good teh pairing is.

1  Thank hvdmeeberg
Reviewed 3 September 2013

This meal was a wonderful experience. We started with with hors d'oeuvres on the patio. There were plenty of choices that included a local fried cheese.

The dinner was a 7-course meal. I am gluten-free and they were able to accommodate me. I was offered a wonderful risotto during the pasta course. For the meat course, I selected a petite guinea fowl with grilled peaches and dill... I still salivate when I think about it. The desserts included a wonderful selection of mousses, tiramisu, and a variety of gluten-free treats.

1  Thank removeyourshoes
Reviewed 8 May 2013

Every time I find myself in this area I must stop at La Subida. Friendly and charming atmosphere with exquisite food and homely feeling. On our way to the airport of Venice we decided to take a detour and grab a bite at “Osteria La Subida”. The place has been completely refurbished and there is a new guy managing the place. Once again we did not leave disappointed. The place has a bit of more “lounge” tone but still rustic and local. The food and the wine (suggested by the experienced “oste”) were perfect and the service even more. This is a hidden away gem, which has never let us down.
When we have more time, we normally eat at the restaurant La Subida. If I can suggest something, don’t look at the wine list, just tell Michele, the sommelier, how do you feel that day and he will find something for you and I am sure you will love it, as we always do.