“THEY FOR SURE KNOW WHAT ARE THEY DOING”
Review of La Subida

La Subida
Ranked #1 of 45 Restaurants in Cormons
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 27 September 2013

La subida is a familly run restaurant.Have been here a several times, they are doning better and better.The menu is all the time "in" with the season and you can really taste the best.They mix traditional with modern cusine, but the flavoures didnt miss the leading point.The wine list is superb, you can really have some good wines from all over the place.The price you are paying is worthed-very reasonable prices.I celebrate my birthday here and So happy i did.Would recommended La Subida for sure!!!

2  Thank JASSYKA

Reviewed 26 September 2013

the place is tucked away by the slovenian border but is well worth a detour. A lovely venue, service is extremely good and the food is really top-notch and not overpriced for what you get. A beautifully-designed menu as well, clearly a lot of care has been taken

1  Thank PM S
Reviewed 19 September 2013

At La Subida there is an upstairs retaurant and an osteria downstairs. We visited osteria last week for lunch and were hugely disappointed. It seems there is no resident chef for lunch and they just warm up pre-prepared food. My wife ordered a plate of orzo with roast turkey, she was served with just orzo and when we asked where was the turkey we were first told that it was cut up in small pieces in the orzo, when we insisted that there was no turkey, the waitress excused herself and said the turkey had finished and asked my wife if she wanted some chicken instead? For what we paid we really felt cheated and I do not recommend such a bitter stupid experience to anyone especially when on holiday. Except for this unfortunate incident otherwise the Friuli area as is the rest of Italy are a superb place to visit.

2  Thank Kevin M
Reviewed 19 September 2013

La Subida is by no exception the best dining adress in Collio. Beautiful countryhouse just outside of Cormons, La Subida is hospitality. The owners are always there to welcome you. The sommelier is young but already very good. Little advice go for one of the menu's and ask the sommelier to pair the food with their wines. You be amazed how good teh pairing is.

1  Thank hvdmeeberg
Reviewed 3 September 2013

This meal was a wonderful experience. We started with with hors d'oeuvres on the patio. There were plenty of choices that included a local fried cheese.

The dinner was a 7-course meal. I am gluten-free and they were able to accommodate me. I was offered a wonderful risotto during the pasta course. For the meat course, I selected a petite guinea fowl with grilled peaches and dill... I still salivate when I think about it. The desserts included a wonderful selection of mousses, tiramisu, and a variety of gluten-free treats.

1  Thank removeyourshoes