“To be avoided - this USED to be a nice hotel” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Le Manoir De Gressy

Le Manoir De Gressy
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Gressy
Asse, Belgium
“To be avoided - this USED to be a nice hotel”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2010

This was an absolute disappointment.

Not only are the rooms not airconditioned and without minibar, but the bathrooms have a shower that cannot be adapted in any way. We hardly had any hot water and there even hardly came any water out of the shower at all... Pool is clean and OK.

This hotel is entirely focused on marriages that take place on weekends. We had liked to dine in their restaurants but when there is a marriage they use their chef for that of course... We were simply told the restaurant was full. They didn't even bother to recommend another one in the neighbourhood.

We had to look out for something else ourselves. This wasn't a problem and we actually spent a rather nice evening away from Manoir de Gressy.

The neighboorhood is dead. There is nothing to see. If you want to spend the money they charge, you better spend your money on a nice hotel in Paris! I can also lively recommend the nearby Chantilly region where there are some fine hotels.

Upon our departure they didn't even say goodbye. We will never go there again!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank VettigeSwa

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2010

A weekend of hell that ended like a little touch of heaven

Hard to forecast you are going to get stuck in paris due to the volcans iruption in islande!! Well that s'what happened to my boyfriend and me on a little tour of paris last week. As we were told we were supposed to fly away on friday, we chose this hotel conveniently located around 15 minutes away from the airport. When we left the harassment of the airport that truly looked like france was on rebellion again, we discovered this little place of heaven. Quiet, nicely decorated bedrooms and amazingly friendly staff who were so reassuring! They went beyond everything when they translated news given by the french online newspapers so that we could finally get information on our flights. Our cultural visit was transformed in this improvised romantic getaway in a 'home away from home. We finally reluctantly left to get home thanks to a painful trip by train. - will definitely be back soon for another honeymoon type weekend ; )

• Stayed July 2010
Paris, France
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2009

I stayed here with my partner for 1 night looking for a relaxing w/e and we were satisfied. Staff were helpful, the room a good size (classic category) and dinner good value for money. The breakfast was very good, all fresh ingredients although a little pricey (19 euros each). There was a wedding celebration on during our stay (approx 150 people) , but apart from the tacky DJ music for an hour during the cocktail outside (thank good ness for the double glazing in our room), we did not hear from them the rest of the evening, although they were in the reception room just above the restaurant.
Pool very clean and warm. Slightly disappointed with the bathroom toiletries which were rather basic (soap, shampoo, shower gel) - expected better from a 4* hotel and there was no mini-bar although 24h room service.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
berlin
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2008

i spent two nights at this place. it is almost impossible to get a taxi from the airport CDG to the hotel. it is too close to the airport and taxi drivers do not want to take you. if you finally find someone he will charge 30-50 euros. the correct fair would be 15 euros.

the staff is unfriendly and incompetent. the breakfast is not worth mentioning and overpriced - as is the hotel itself.

there is nothing to do in gressy and the hotel is mostly booked by groups which hold conferences in this complex - with unhappy and frustrated attendees due to the location, price and service of the hotel.

although the hotel is located in a remote area with no public transport, the management does not provide a shuttle service. for a ride to the airport they will charge you 35 euros. the trip to paris will cost you around 50 euros and will take between one hour and two hours depending on the time of day.

if you need internet access, the hotel will charge you 22 euros per day.

i strongly recommend not going there.

• Stayed June 2008
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank tosch
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2005

I wasted too much money and my last precious vacation night in August 2005 at the Manoir de Gressy, a faux chateau convention hotel near Paris masquerading as a "manoir." I thought I would have one last lovely night in a European country place, instead of returning to city life, but this is a suburban commercial establishment.
When I got there, I was told that there was a Chanel convention occupying the hotel, and that I and the other private guests could not use the restaurant for dinner. So I ate at a makeshift table in the bar outside of it. The table had not been cleaned. The convention held a dinner with deafening music in the restaurant next to the bar, which did not make for gracious dining, and it made it impossible to sit and read in the lounge. Instead of providing space for a convention and hotel guests separately, as is usual in convention hotels, the hotel shoved the guests aside in favor of the convention. This meant that guests had no hotel space except their rooms. I thought it was inexcusable to impose this on paying customers without advance notice, but they made no apologies or offers to make up for the situation. Although they could have informed me by email, they did not. I would have stayed elsewhere. The only relief was that the waiter had a sense of humor, and he said that when he opens his inn, this will not happen.
The decor is fake country, not characteristic of a "manoir." It is the noisiest hotel I have ever been in in my decades of world travel. There is no soundproofing in the rooms or corridors, and the corridors are made of hard material that not only does not mute the sound but rather amplifies it so that each footstep echoes with ten times the volume of a normal footstep. When I told the reception about this, they simply said that they had had other complaints too, but not that it would be fixed. There was pounding disco music from the convention coming into the rooms until 2 am.
I told all these things to the reception. I was promised a response. I waited a month, during which I sent them several emails. Finally after that month they sent me one inviting me to return so they could give me the kind of service I had expected, which, they said, they know how to do!

• Stayed August 2005
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
16 Thank hellodonut
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gressy
No photo provided
#1 of 1 in Mauregard
Le Chateau de la Tour
Le Chateau de la Tour
#1 of 2 in Gouvieux

Been to Le Manoir De Gressy? Share your experiences!