The setting of this hotel is stunning, with views of the estuary and the hills. The hotel itself is a lovely nineteenth century house with some fine stained glass. It describes itself as a restaurant with rooms and that's pretty much what it is. Downstairs in the main building are large open spaces obviously suited for large gatherings but not for informal seating for guests,though you can sit on the terrace. Some rooms must have great views; unfortunately, in ours we couldn't get a good view of the estuary. The restaurant is in a separate building and also doesn't really take advantage of the views. We had an excellent meal here though, choosing the £12.50 daily meat and fish specials. The mullet was the best I've ever had and there was a choice of two ways of serving it; I had it in batter as posh fish and chips. They also have local cider from Carmarthen. In view of this high standard of cooking, breakfast was a little disappointing, with no real alternative to a cooked breakfast, just cereal and orange juice, no yogurt, fruit or pastries. On the whole it was a good place to stay in a lovely area. Payment for accommodation is asked for in advance. No lifts.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Mansion House Llansteffan, nestled in beautiful countryside with breathtaking views of the Towy estuary and beyond. We are minutes from the charming seaside village of Llansteffan but also just five miles from the large retail and market town of Carmarthen. Whether you wish to dine with us, celebrate a wedding or special occasion or just get away from it all, the Mansion House offers charm and hospitality that will stay with you for a long time. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Mansion House Llansteffan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pant - Yr - Athro Country Inn And International Hotel Carmarthen
- Country Inn Carmarthen
- Carmarthen Country Inn
- Mansion House Llansteffan Wales