“Very relaxed place!”

The Beachouse
Toronto, Canada
“Very relaxed place!”
Reviewed 5 January 2014

We stayed here recently. The location is great on a beautiful beach, however it is a 2 hour bus ride from Nadi. The individual cabins were clean, but basic with louvered and partially screened windows and a huge ceiling fan. No closet, hangers, dresser or chairs were provided in the unit strictly the double bed and two singles. The private toilet and shower are situated outside the unit framed by a stone wall with tall ginger and other tropical plants. Unfortunately there was a two story dormitory in close proximity which didn't provide is with as much privacy or quiet as some of the other cabins. A continental breakfast and afternoon tea is included and lunch and dinner can be ordered from the menu. Be prepared for a lengthy wait for your meal (sometimes well over 1 hour - FIJI time)The menu could also use some additions as during 5 days, there were many repetitions. The staff is wonderful and friendly and there are many organized trips available daily. Snorkeling was good just off the beach close to the reef and kayaks were provided. Bring your own equipment to save money. PROS: Great place for anyone happy to live out of their backpacks or suitcases for a short while. Very friendly and relaxed atmosphere. Hammocks on the beach and beautiful sunsets. CONS: Bottled water expensive, or you can chance the rainwater. No glasses in the room or ice - you had to ask for them at the bar. Occasional critters in the room looking for food. Bring a clothesline to hang any small items of food which helped. Overall a nice relaxing place with a wide variety of international guests of all ages. If I was under 30, I probably would have given this a higher rating but would prefer a few amenities in the room.

Room Tip: Make sure your room is not located near the dormitory.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank DianaFT

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
North Bay, Canada
Reviewed 19 December 2013

Fantastic resort!!! Stayed here with a travelling high school class for 2 weeks and were treated like gold - it felt like home. The staff go above and beyond to connect with guests and make their stay unforgettable. The food and beverage options are a wide variety of local and international flavours - just delicious! This place had the best vibes - so incredibly laid back and willing to accommodate for your pace - if you wanted to lounge about all day, the hammocks and chill music awaited, or if you wanted to pack a day full of activities - The Beachouse offers it all - from rainforest hikes to surfing to palm weaving to horseback riding. Saw THE MOST BEAUTIFUL sunsets and sunrises of my whole life at this place. Such a beautiful, clean, friendly, welcoming place to stay...and incredibly well priced. Comfortable accommodations range from beautiful guesthouses near the beach front to larger backpacker-style rooms closer to the road. The Beachouse accommodates any and all visits: quiet getaways for two, sports team retreats, exciting adventures, or even weddings! Made great friends here and DEFINITELY intend to return - vinaka vaka levu! Thanks for everything Beachouse!!!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Katie F
Christchurch, New Zealand
Reviewed 8 December 2013

The Beachouse is a fun friendly place with relaxed vibes and approachable, sociable staff. I stayed there for more than 2 weeks and didn’t want to leave because it felt like home, not to mention the fact that theirs plenty of things to do from walks to waterfalls an horse ridding to surfing and fishing trips. Alternatively you could just chill in one of there hammocks if that’s all too much for you an have a dip in the pool if it gets to hot.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Josh S
Taveuni
Reviewed 24 November 2013

I stayed at the Beachouse in October with a good friend for a girl's surf trip and we had an amazing time. I live in Fiji and had been searching for a place on Viti Levu that I would want to return to. I found it! The owner, Andrew, goes out of his way to make a personal connection with each and every guest and he comes from an interesting family --I believe 3rd generationj in Fiji. The setting is idyllic--a very nice white sand beach, comfortable bures with hot water (almost unheard of for a backpacker resort), very good food, and beautiful natural decor throughout the resort. The resort can hold quite a few guests but still the staff goes out of their way to know everyone's names. Their boats are top-knotch and Andrew's son Cormack is a very good captain. Also thanks to Ratu, Alanna, Matthis, Semi, Rosa, and Angie for a great trip. Very reasonably priced and I can't wait to return. Vina'a Va'a Levu----Julie on Taveuni

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 24 November 2013

The Beach House which is located along the Queens Pacific highway about 2 hours 45 minutes from Nadi. I had three nights booked in here, initially on my first night I wanted to leave but that was only because of a large group present, once they left it was fine.

First of all getting to Beach House is relatively easy, if you are travelling from Nadi just make sure you get on the Express bus and they will take you outside the Beach House, the instructions sent from the owner however I feel could be better – I was worried I was going to miss it as the e-mail instructions said it was about 40 minutes after Sigatoka after a very big hill. Must have gone past some very big hills before we reached the big hill! It was also really hard to find on Google Maps, so evidently when the bus journey came I thought I missed it a couple of times.

Once you do get off the bus, you will walk down a short track, the accommodation is on extensive grounds and you walk past the dorm rooms on your right. Other types of accommodation are on your left as you walk down. Check in was reasonably easy, after I found it, some of the staff had to point it out to me as there was no signage. Staff again always friendly, and very welcoming. Once checked in I made my way through to the dorm room, I had it to myself at this stage but I was warned by staff that there was a great big football group present whom were out at the time.

Food and drinks you could pay for either on account or by cash, you had to order your dinner by 5pm so the chef cooked only the food needed – annoying because you might not want what you order at 5pm when it actually comes to eat. Food was really nice, and there were several options on the menu including Fijian dishes. The only downside was that whilst it was cooked through it was warm, not piping hot. This happened through the main dinners throughout my stay, I was not the only other person to note that but wondered if it was the type of food we were eating.

The resort had plenty of to do, including walking, and taking out some of the water sports, though I didn’t, unfortunately it rained for most of the time here. Also we went on a fishing trip which was great, quite bumpy but got some good fresh air on it.

As I say my stay coincided with an Australian youth football team staying there, unfortunately the stay for me was Anything but relaxing whilst they were present, 14-17 years with little supervision. Teenagers will be teenagers and they ran amok at least on the night I was there, It was also the local Diwali night a few days before, and of course, Fireworks can be sold in shops. Apparently every single one of them went and got fireworks as well as alcohol. Let’s just say it made for a very interesting last night for them. The Chinese should take note of these pyrotechnics youngsters I never knew you could hold fireworks so close and let them off without fear of hurting yourself. The fireworks lit up the sky until at least 3am. They also introduced the Fireworks to the dorm rooms and to the shower block as well. Once they had departed in the morning I waited until about 2pm to remind the staff that you still had people living in the dorm rooms and I wanted to use the shower. It was promptly cleaned up after I suggested I would want moving to a private room, the odd damage was repaired and it was all new again. I’m not sure what actions the management took against the group, but allowing large groups in then they need to be enforcing some conditions on the guardians. Other than that it was a good stay.

Room Tip: Avoid if large groups will be present.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank FOXPRESIDENT
Reviewed 14 November 2013

My second time at beachhouse I found myself in a life threatening situation while surfing by myself I broke my back as well as my leg rope therefor had no floating device I was on the reef about 800m from shore eventually I was seen and rescued. That was only the start all the staff (whom I consider my friends) went well beyond there needs to make sure I was safe, staff organised all my travel insurance (always get it) as well as treating me as one of their own just have to say besides how much I love this place and how great it I'd anyway the comfort I felt I'm time of such great injury was overwhelming I will be back every year to see the beachhouse family and I recommend the experience to anyone that is open to meeting new people and experiencing new cultures hands down best resort I've ever been too

• Stayed November 2013
Milano Marittima, Italy
Reviewed 14 November 2013

THE best hostel of my whole 10 months trip around the world!!! Beautiful location, totally amazing staff that is always helpful and available to play a pool game with you ;)
The feeling of the place is not of a backpacker (if not for the like people minded) but more of an exclusive resort to me. Loved the pool for a quick refreshing bath when tide was low, and all the activities offered by the place! A little far from other places but you have everything you need there!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Aurelie110585
Also consider these accommodations in or near Korolevu
Mango Bay Resort Fiji
Naviti Resort
Naviti Resort
#1 of 3 in Korolevu
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,855 reviews

Been to The Beachouse? Share your experiences!