All reviews burger my husband and i jimmy lee hidden gem get away special occasion course meal a wonderful stay beautiful view amazing service signature drink salmon couples massage meeting room day trip perfect place butternut squash soup
Reviewed 16 February 2013

We are local Calgarians and wanted a Valentine getaway that felt like we were away but could get to the city quickly if work called. We found the perfect place in Azuridge. We were greeted very warmly and checked in quickly. Our luggage was carried to the third floor corner room and concierge explained and demonstrated the room. She made you feel she was there to cater to your every need.
Our room was very nice and spacious. The bed was so soft and there were lots of pillows. The only thing I did not like was that the balcony was one long continuous one where anyone could walk pass your room. You could not see in at daylight hours but at dark you could.
We had an 8pm dinner reservation, the restaurant is in another building, open kitchen where you are welcome to talk to the chef if you like. I had the lamb and my valentine had the steak. The chef recommended a wine to accompany and all around it was very good. Service was definitely 5*. We wanted to have our dessert and rest of our wine in the room and there was no hesitation they took care of that for us.
I will definitely be returning to Azuridge, can't wait to try it in another season.
If you have any questions please feel free to contact me.

Room Tip: The corner suites are very large and have great views
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 January 2013

First off, I could go on and on about the exquisite beauty of both the building/facilities as well as the vistas that surround it. This place is a one in a million hidden gem nestled in Alberta's foothills (near Priddis Golf & CC). The grounds have amazing look-out points (towers!) as well as many rooms of the main house + guest house.

We understand it has only been open to the public since June 2012 as its true purpose is hosting private functions that rent out the entire estate and all the guestrooms (weddings, business meetings). We booked a one night stay with dinner and breakfast on a weekend. We felt that the staff didn't quite know what to do with us, as we were left to figure things out on our own (where to park, where dinner was held, where to walk around). We thought our check-in process could have been a little more personal considering we were the ONLY guests staying that evening. I think we expected boutique hotel warmth, but didn't quite make the mark. The staff were friendly none the less.

The most special part of the stay was the food. Our four course dinner was perfection and the individualized attention from Chef Alouise (sorry if I have misspelled) was wonderful. Same for our breakfas the next morning. The restaurant has about 8 tables which makes it cozy and romantic and the views, as I mentioned above, are worth the drive out.

It was a very expensive stay and meal and as time goes on and they are open longer, I am sure they will hone their hospitality. There is no question this venue is ideal for a wedding. I would recommend this to friends and family looking for a unique dining experience as well.

Room Tip: If you can swallow the cost, rooms in the guest house likely have the best views!
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple