Beach Gables Guesthouse Motel
US$225
US$152
US$143
US$140
Kokanee Glacier Resort(Nelson)(Great Value!)
US$106
Villa Motel(Nelson)(Great Value!)
US$88
Priceline
Prestige Inn Nelson(Nelson)
US$104
US$179
US$170
The Adventure Hotel(Nelson)(Great Value!)
US$133
US$130
Orbitz.com
TripAdvisor
All reviewsvictorian roomkootenay lakeguest housecovered parkingwalking distancebeautiful view of the lakeking size beddefinitely stay here againgreat place to stayhidden gembarbboathousesuiteamenitiesdenversleepaccommodations
Reviewed 29 March 2014

I stumbled across this little place by accident, as there was a mud slide and we couldn't continue up the lake to my family's house. The owner was happy to accommodate us late in the evening and on short notice. Very nice.
When I walked into the room I was amazed!! If you've ever stayed at the theme rooms in west Edmonton mall, this place blows it out of the water. How cute, how quaint! We were in the boat house room, so I haven't seen what he other rooms look like.. Yet! But the design and creativity of this room was simply beautiful. I never bothered with the television as I was busy looking at all the fine details, the time and effort they must have spent! I'm not kidding, Martha Stewart herself would be jealous! Comfortable, quiet and very clean. This room also has it's own private sitting area outside. I never had the breakfast so I can't comment on the food. Whenever I'm in Kaslo I go to the treehouse restaurant anyways.
If you like waking up refreshed in the peaceful mountains, watching mist move on the lake from your front door, do NOT miss out on this little gem. I've stayed in "fancy" resorts in a few Caribbean countries and none has ever earned a five star review from me. This one is well deserved. For sure I will be returning!!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Lindsey B
Reviewed 27 September 2013

We stayed at the Beach Gables after completing a 6-day bicycle tour. We originally were only planning on staying in Kaslo for one night but after seeing our room we immediately decided to stay for two. This is the cutest, cleanest, quietest motel we have ever stayed in. Such attention to detail, amazing decor and walking distance to the water and all the amenities in Kaslo. We enjoyed sipping wine on our own private deck during a rainstorm - wonderful! The owners were very friendly and helpful. We will definitely be back and highly recommend this little motel to anyone travelling in the area.

Room Tip: Only 3 rooms - two have have a view of the lake but we stayed in the Boathouse Room and thoroughly enjoyed the privacy of our own deck.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Laurie L
Reviewed 27 September 2013

What a find ! Lots of vintage furniture, little quirky touches, a most interesting place ........but it all comes together beautifully. Clean , neat , and with a fabulous view of the lake. I usually prefer simple lines and plain colours, but I absolutely loved Beach Gables. .
It's a little boutique hotel with just 3 rooms. There's no breakfast, but that's not a problem as there are some interesting cages close by and several evening dining options..

For anyone who resists B&Bs (because of necessity of chatting with the owners, ) and prefers the anonymity of a hotel, this is the perfect middle ground. You can enjoy the fun of staying here , but you will left completely to your own devices.

We really enjoyed sitting at the window ( rocking chair) and looking out over the lake. The binoculars on the mantelpiece are a perfect touch.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank OTG26
Reviewed 26 September 2013

I loved this little guesthouse Motel! So quaint and peaceful over looking Kootenay Lake. Very clean themed rooms. Stayed in the antique fishing room. Bedding was top of the line and so comfortable. The owners were so friendly and welcoming. Walking distance to the quaint little town of Kaslo. Everyone in this town we came across was so friendly. Highly recommend Beach Gables.

Room Tip: This is a small place, rooms book up quickly, so book well in advanced. Off season is best.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Gabrielle L
Reviewed 2 September 2013 via mobile

Beautiful b&b style without the breakfast. Superb views of Kootenay Lake and close to everything(though what isn't in Kaslo) it is an ideal base. Boutique style with well appointed and comfortable rooms. There are only 3 rooms so book early. Very reasonably priced and the best value in town. Rest comfortably and enjoy a beautiful experience in the heart of the mountains. value in town. Rest comfortably and enjoy a beautiful experience in the heart of the mountains

• Stayed: September 2013