“This place is unique”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kaslo
Beach Gables Guesthouse Motel
Ranked #1 of 4 Kaslo B&B and Inns
Reviewed 27 July 2014

We have been in a lot of places, but Beach Gables is truly unique. Every detail of this guesthouse is performed with attention, just wonderful! We stayed in the boathouse room, where the decorations all have something to do with boating. The bed is comfortable and kingsize, perfect for two tall people. This accommodation is perfectly maintained and clean.
The Kootenay lake is on the other side of the road, beach chairs and towels are available! The center of this little town is on a very short walking distance. Take a tour with Scott from Kootenay Lake Outdoor Outfitters (KLOO) on the lake!
Just a perfect place!

Room Tip: The Boathouse, unless you want to have a view on the lake!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 24 June 2014

We stayed at the Beach Gables again last week on our way to Trail. What a beautiful spot! This year, we were in the Victorian Room, which offers a spectacular view of Kootenay Lake just across the street.This place is a "must do" if you are staying in Kaslo.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 June 2014

I really enjoyed this accommodation. The rooms were clean and very nicely decorated. We stayed in the Kootenay room and loved it - I would definitely come back. The bed is really comfortable and the private balcony is nice - and the view out the window is fantastic too. An easy 5/5 for sure, especially considering the price.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rockies81
Reviewed 29 March 2014

I stumbled across this little place by accident, as there was a mud slide and we couldn't continue up the lake to my family's house. The owner was happy to accommodate us late in the evening and on short notice. Very nice.
When I walked into the room I was amazed!! If you've ever stayed at the theme rooms in west Edmonton mall, this place blows it out of the water. How cute, how quaint! We were in the boat house room, so I haven't seen what he other rooms look like.. Yet! But the design and creativity of this room was simply beautiful. I never bothered with the television as I was busy looking at all the fine details, the time and effort they must have spent! I'm not kidding, Martha Stewart herself would be jealous! Comfortable, quiet and very clean. This room also has it's own private sitting area outside. I never had the breakfast so I can't comment on the food. Whenever I'm in Kaslo I go to the treehouse restaurant anyways.
If you like waking up refreshed in the peaceful mountains, watching mist move on the lake from your front door, do NOT miss out on this little gem. I've stayed in "fancy" resorts in a few Caribbean countries and none has ever earned a five star review from me. This one is well deserved. For sure I will be returning!!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Lindsey B
Reviewed 27 September 2013

We stayed at the Beach Gables after completing a 6-day bicycle tour. We originally were only planning on staying in Kaslo for one night but after seeing our room we immediately decided to stay for two. This is the cutest, cleanest, quietest motel we have ever stayed in. Such attention to detail, amazing decor and walking distance to the water and all the amenities in Kaslo. We enjoyed sipping wine on our own private deck during a rainstorm - wonderful! The owners were very friendly and helpful. We will definitely be back and highly recommend this little motel to anyone travelling in the area.

Room Tip: Only 3 rooms - two have have a view of the lake but we stayed in the Boathouse Room and thoroughly e...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Laurie L
Reviewed 27 September 2013

What a find ! Lots of vintage furniture, little quirky touches, a most interesting place ........but it all comes together beautifully. Clean , neat , and with a fabulous view of the lake. I usually prefer simple lines and plain colours, but I absolutely loved Beach Gables. .
It's a little boutique hotel with just 3 rooms. There's no breakfast, but that's not a problem as there are some interesting cages close by and several evening dining options..

For anyone who resists B&Bs (because of necessity of chatting with the owners, ) and prefers the anonymity of a hotel, this is the perfect middle ground. You can enjoy the fun of staying here , but you will left completely to your own devices.

We really enjoyed sitting at the window ( rocking chair) and looking out over the lake. The binoculars on the mantelpiece are a perfect touch.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank OTG26
Reviewed 26 September 2013

I loved this little guesthouse Motel! So quaint and peaceful over looking Kootenay Lake. Very clean themed rooms. Stayed in the antique fishing room. Bedding was top of the line and so comfortable. The owners were so friendly and welcoming. Walking distance to the quaint little town of Kaslo. Everyone in this town we came across was so friendly. Highly recommend Beach Gables.

Room Tip: This is a small place, rooms book up quickly, so book well in advanced. Off season is best.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends