“David E.”
Review of Kaslo Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Kaslo
Kaslo Motel
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Kaslo
Reviewed 4 October 2012

My brother and myself had a very comfortable stay. Had room 11 with two single beds, room was clean and after driving a distance to visit the area we were pleased with the hosptality. No
traffic noise and we slept well. Will stay here again if I visit the area in the future.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank islanderLadysmithbc
There are newer reviews for Kaslo Motel

Reviewed 21 September 2012

This is my second visit better the second time...the service and room are great clean and just what we needed.... in a great location. to travel on day trips...we had 3 on Motorcycles and traveled by day to hot springs,ferry and small town in the area...a short walk to the down town...2 blocks to the lake....Thank you Caroline had a great visit...will return soon...

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 September 2012

The unit we were in was not great. I think perhaps the cleaning lady was on days off, or she didn't care how well she is doing her job, and the owners just aren't checking. The unit we were in had new flooring but that's about it, no other updates. Pink Tub, pink toilet, white toilet seat, white bathroom sink-sounds nice doesn't it-and not clean to boot! The kitchenette is underserviced. With two people in a unit it might have been nice to have at least 2 plates, bowls, etc. The pots-well if your going just take your own. The frying pan was something that should've been thrown in the garbage a very long time ago. No kettle either! The unit was dirty-no way around it, not just worn, dirty. As a previous reviewer has stated I don't mind cleaning up after myself but I don't think I should have to clean up after previous visitors. The hosts are very cordial, they just need to be checking the units after they have been 'cleaned!' I was disappointed, we had stayed at this motel before 2 years ago, and things are going down hill in my opinion. Probably wouldn't stay here again and wouldn't recommend it either. Also if your on the side of the motel where the trucks are barreling through town, be prepared to be awakened very very early each morning.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Tez28, Manager at Kaslo Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2012

Thank you Stews for your valuable feedback and I am very sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us at the Kaslo Motel. If our records are correct then I believe you stayed with us for 3 days in early September. What I find disappointing is that you did not come to us at any point during your stay to raise your concerns and give us the opportunity to address and correct these issues. Certainly there are some things that we could not change , Yes the bath and toilet are pink and the toilet seat white but we are in the steady process of upgrading our bathrooms . There can be some traffic noise ( the same for Units 1 and 2 ) but we are located in a built-up area with a posted speed limit of 50kph and if there are vehicles exceeding this limit then again this is something out of our control. If the traffic noise was a major concern then had we been notified we could have endeavored to move you to another room ( subject to availability ). As for the conditions of pots and pans, these can have a hard life in the kitchen units but had you bought this issue to our attention we would have happily provided replcement cookware. As for cleanliness, we endeavour to maintain a high a standard of cleanliness as possible, but sometimes things get through the cracks. In the 9 years of our management of the motel we have been constantly upgrading facities, services , and the attractiveness of our property, and I feel your assessment that things have gone downhill over the past 2 years somewhat inaccurate.

Reviewed 26 August 2012

Family owned and operated offering a clean, comfortable and friendly environment close to the beach, boating, play park, golf course, hiking, biking, tennis, and hot springs; in short something for everyone of all ages. An afternoon might include a quiet time reading in the lovely garden, followed by a bike ride and a swim in the lake. We have been return vacationers for more than 10 years. We particularly enjoy the warm hospitality of our owner hosts, the comfort of our cabin and the spectacular scenery. The motel supplies barbeques and picnic tables in the courtyard for the use and enjoyment of the guests. There are excellent restaurants within a minute's walking distance. It is impossible to overstate the beauty of the area which can be enjoyed from this truly lovely motel. For an enjoyable holiday that both refreshes and renews, this is the place.

Room Tip: Some cabins have a kitchen.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 July 2012

We specifically wanted to visit the ghost town of Sandon in the 'Valley of the Ghosts' which is about 45 minutes drive from Kaslo and we were attracted to the Kaslo Motel by the relatively low price and a cabin available for Saturday and Sunday night. After several nights of staying in single hotel rooms it was great to have a separate bedroom, a living area and a kitchen/diner area as well as a recently refurbished bathroom. The standard of cleanliness was high and the reception was efficient and friendly.

Do be aware that there can be evening social noise from the courtyard behind the cabins (as commented by another reviewer) and children running around between the cabins which are closely spaced.

Very happy to give the Kaslo Motel an 'excellent' rating and if ever in the area again would want to stay here, it is certainly good value.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mike1087
Reviewed 11 December 2011

We stayed here for three nights at $75.00 a night. The cabins are nice and clean and the beds are comfy. The owners were very nice and easy to deal with. If you want a nice peacefull getaway this is the place.

Room Tip: Get a cabin we did not see other rooms so I dont know what they are like.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank GummyStewart
Reviewed 26 August 2011

The last time I stayed at the Kaslo Motel was 5-6 years ago and it was your typical 70's era motel for $65 or so. The rates have stayed the same but, to my surprise, my room had been thoroughly IKEA'd with hardwood (laminate) floors, updated lighting, some new furniture, and a revamped bathroom. Its not massively remodeled but its a huge improvement that more '70's era' motels should consider. I liked it. My room was equipped with the standard cable TV, AC, mini-fridge, and coffee maker.

One thing to note is the family-oriented courtyard. Its great if you have small children since they can play there safely while the parents chit chat. But if you're looking for some peace and quiet, ask for a room that doesn't open onto the courtyard.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Breal604
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kaslo
Kaslo Hotel
#3 of 3 in Ainsworth Hot Springs
The Valhalla Inn
The Valhalla Inn
#2 of 2 in New Denver

Been to Kaslo Motel? Share your experiences!