“looking for scenic lake, mountain views, excellent food and service?”
Review of The Clubhouse

The Clubhouse
Ranked #8 of 19 Restaurants in Kaslo
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 19 August 2014

If you are touring the West Kootenay area in BC, you should try this restaurant. Whether you choose to dine inside or out, you will find much to enjoy. The menu seems simple-- at first glance. (Dishes include maple-glazed salmon with rice pilaf and green beans-- hmmm, delicious!) Coffee was excellent-- and the decaf coffee was brewed, not instant or K-cup.

Service was courteous, friendly, and efficient. The waiter drew on his knowledge about the ingredients and how the dishes were prepared to guide us through our selections. Menu items are marked to identify gluten-free or vegan choices.

The windows offer beautiful views of Kootenay Lake, mountains and glaciers. I don't think there are any private dining/meeting areas. You enter the building via two steps or a ramp. The dining room has high peaked timber ceilings. Between and above the windows, I found artwork featuring local falls and glaciers.

Casual dining-- emphasis on dining, not casual-- at its best! Open daily 8 - 8 April through September-- not much time left this season!

Reviewed 14 August 2014

You want great atmosphere on the deck, you got it. You want one of the best views, you got it.
For entertainment you can even watch from the outdoor deck of the restaurant people putting I don't know what hole. I am not a golfer, but that didn't stop me from enjoying this restaurant immensely.

I had heard the food was good.. but I never expected this good. Even my wife was impressed with their salad tacos.

A very impressive selection on the menu.... all look very tasty, but unfortunately I can only eat one meal at a time :)

Prices are great as well.

So do yourself a favor and treat your self to something special.

The people who run this place the last couple of years are doing a bang up job!!!

Open 8-8 :)

If you found this review helpful either to try it or not to try this restaurant. Please give me a "like".

Reviewed 26 June 2014

Stopped in for Breakfast before hitting the road. Staff very friendly....great setting and food was excellent.....very fast service....was full. Was recommended by the locals - good choice!
Will be back!

Reviewed 2 May 2014 via mobile

We just had breakfast at the clubhouse before 9 holes of
Golf. The service was quick and friendly, the food was good and inexpensive . The course was in great shape and we had a great time

Reviewed 27 August 2013

The Ainsworth Motel owner directed us to this venue for breakfast. Only 15 minutes north of Ainsworth, it was well worth the short drive. Our small family of 3 had a beautiful table on the balcony overlooking the quaint town of Kaslo, the lake, and the golf course. The service was terrific, prompt, and friendly. The food was delicious! Sadly, we were unable to play any golf but did notice that the prices for a round of 18 holes was around $38.00!! We will be back one day to give it a go! Highly recommend this place for breakfast (for sure), and would hope the lunch/supper menu would be as terrific!