“Great Pizza”

Buddy's Front Street Pizzeria
Ranked #4 of 19 Restaurants in Kaslo
Reviewed 22 April 2014

I can only eat pizza very infrequently, so I always try to get a good one when I do. You can't get better than this as it's about as far from the big chains as you can get. On top of this, the owner went out of his way for us - at no bidding from us, he even dashed out to the store to get some grapefruits to make us a drink! While we were there, we also ended up chatting with some of the locals found out a lot about the town and its recent history.

I couldn't recommend the place more if you want good food, a relaxed atmosphere, great service and friendly locals.

Reviewed 19 March 2014

awesome pizza, even the gluten-free was delicious which is rare. never eaten anchovies before, who knew that would be appealing! great wine selection, really stellar service... intimate live music. these guys know how to do it!

Reviewed 26 February 2014

Service was personable, atmosphere was entertaining, food was out of this world. Real local feel with quality you would expect in a larger city centre. A real gem.

Reviewed 28 September 2013

OK. Had a magical evening a couple of weeks ago where a couple played some old folk tunes on a just-too-handy guitar from behind the counter and the piano waiting for talent which abounds in the Koots! Lighting and personality of the owner could not be warmer. Fabulous pasta and pizza! I think my only concern is the wait when they're slammed and they need to be prepared to be slammed because the food is that good! Son and I had quite a wait for our pizza (I'll call ahead next time) but had a great glass or two of wine and chatted so not so bad. I, personally, would like them to bring back the burgers as I'm sure they were fabulous. Really some of the best pizza I've had and I'm from Chicago. Keep Kaslo hopping and spend your dough - get it, dough! - here.

Reviewed 6 August 2013

Great atmosphere, and the pizza was pretty yummy. The service wasn't fantastic-- better training of the waitstaff is needed.