“Average at the best.”

Ranked #7 of 17 Restaurants in Kaslo
Vancouver, Canada
“Average at the best.”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

I was told they have the best fish and chips! NOT TRUE ! took ages to get served then the meal came it was swimming in grease, ousing out as you cut the fish. Portion was fair but way too much fatty grease foe the average person. I had indigestion for hours afterwards

Visited June 2014
1 Thank John F

Nelson
“Great Food”
Reviewed 10 October 2013

Always good food. Sometimes the service is slow if they are busy - especially on a long weekend. It is always questionable if I want to send B&B guests there as I don't want them to have a bad experience.

Visited July 2013
Connecticut
“Great service”
Reviewed 1 September 2013

We were here with a group of seven family members for a quick dinner after a visit to the hot springs. We were seated quickly, our waitress was friendly and took our drink orders and had them back in a flash. She answered our menu questions and made recommendations to the picky eaters in our group. The fish and chips was crisp and firm and the soup of the day was exceptional. Worth a stop.

• Visited July 2013
Lethbridge, Canada
“Potential”
Reviewed 18 July 2013

Located in Woodbury, just north of Ainsworth Hot Springs and south of Kaslo. This restaurant brags "best fish n chips" and it's good, but not great. The batter on the fish is awesome if you like thin and crispy (which I do). We ordered halibut as it's usually firmer and less likely to be mushy, but at least half our portion was mushy. Fries were English style and equally as soft as the ones I had in London. I prefer crispy fries.

Our waitress was pleasant, and efficient and our food arrived quickly.

Overall, the place could use Restaurant Makeover as the decor looks like something from the '70s, but consistent with a lot of the "off the beaten path" restaurants in the Kootenay's. If you're driving by, it's worth a stop, but wouldn't go out of my way to make it a destination.

• Visited July 2013