“Amazing freshly baked food”
Review of Rosewood Cafe

Rosewood Cafe
Ranked #5 of 19 Restaurants in Kaslo
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 15 July 2014

The quiches are to die for and the lemon meringue pie was the best I have had with a properly made custard base instead of the more typical synthetic fluorescent yellow sticky substance. As a practical point this uses the egg yolks up! Great fresh salads with home made dressings (that can be purchased). Good on you and Kaslo qreat a great town!

There are newer reviews for Rosewood Cafe

Reviewed 14 July 2014

A gem of a restaurant! An older house converted to a restaurant? Lots like them but only ONE Rosewood Cafe. Summer on a patio, perfect location for a great meal. The two young servers were pleased to make our lunch a pleasant experience. Care was taken to present the food with an artful miniature floral arrangement which brightened the plates.

Specials for the day included one of my all-time favourites - Steak and Kidney Pie! They also had three other choices of pie if you preferred something without kidney or even a vegetarian option. Another special of the day which enticed my taste buds was a seafood chowder. Nancy was very pleased with her quiche and salad. I was even more pleased with my selection! Fresh, homemade pastry, a rich gravy, and tasty filling with slices of steak, kidney, carrots, celery, etc. made the Steak and Kidney Pie one of the BEST pies I've had. I've sampled them from grocery stores, meat shops and farmer's markets in and around the Edmonton area. The one at the Rosewood Cafe is outstanding.

Let's recap: great service; fresh ingredients; artistic presentation, wonderful food, inexpensive menu.

Treat yourself to a meal at the Rosewood Cafe! You deserve the best.

1  Thank outboundticket
Reviewed 18 June 2014

A very small and remote town - we were only looking for a decent lunch, and got one of the best meals I have ever had. All four of us ended up having dessert at lunch time as we simply could not resist it.

1  Thank Douglas_Dow
Reviewed 23 December 2013

We planned our visit to Kaslo, especially for the Prime Rib Dinner. We had been in the town a couple of weekends prior for some Christmas shopping. Checked out the menu at the Rosewood and made plans to return. There were 3 in my party and we all had the prime rib for our main, mussels and stuffed mushroom caps for appys, and a decadent chocolate cake for dessert. The PEI mussels in a tomato broth with bread to dip into the broth as awesome. What sauce was left over was not left over, this appy was delicious. The stuffed mushroom caps we all agreed we would not order again, not cooked enough, the stuffing was on the cold side and mushrooms were a bit raw. We should have had double the PEI mussels. Our prime rib dinners were excellent, cooked to perfection and still very hot. The gravy for the yorkshire was heaven and the homemade horseradish condiment was fresh, pungent and the best I've had in ages and ages. The chef came out to talk with us, which was cool. He wouldn't however give out his secret recipe for the homemade horseradish. That is what we noticed, everything was made from scratch in house. We had a very enjoyable evening and the meal was one of the best we've had out in a very long time. Can't wait to return.

1  Thank Kkkoala
Reviewed 28 September 2013

This couple lives and breathes their restaurant. The quality of the ingredients - freshest cukes I've ever had from their garden - and the vibe with hand-selected artifacts and music - make for a most delicious evening. I believe it's SO important to support people who try this heard. Makes my heart and tummy happy. Personal touches like my favourite hot sauce! only add to the fun. Some great wines, too. Just go.