I have just returned from from a two week stay at the Palladium. I was a bit concerned prior to travelling due to the the mixed reviews... I have come to the conclusion that the negativity is from fake posters from rival hotels or rude, ignorant holidaymakers complaining for the sole intention of seeking compenstation...(if you cant afford it dont book it!!)
We arrived and the transfer, check in and bell boy service to the room was very efficient. Our room was in Villa 26, clean and tidy, some of the finishing left a bit to be desired but nothing to moan about. The maid service was excellent...Paula looked after us and always had the room cleaned by the time we returned from breakfast at 8.30. She even changed the clothes on my daughters dollies! We tipped her $5 every other day and she was always appreciative. We had one issue with the toilet not flushing and the maintenence man arrived within five minutes and repaired it straight away.
The main pool was huge...cleaned every morning and lots of activities orchestrated by the POP team.. a group of youngsters that work incredibly hard and with great enthusiasm. The swim up bar was very popular and the staff did incredibly well as I wouldnt have stood for the rudeness of some clients demanding their Bubba Kegs (huge mugs) to be filled with rum..NOW!
The sunset cove beach was quieter and fairly sandy...no need for beach shoes. The watersports were great, with snorkalling, kayaking and the use of pedalos all free, When snorkalling the fish were plentiful at only a couple of feet, much to the delight of my daughter. The Poseiden restaurant above the beach was beautiful, fantastic views and service with great food, and the jerk chicken hut at the beach is a must.
We never had any issues at the restaurants and was always seated within ten minutes, for both buffet and al a carte. Jamican, Asian and Mexican were oustanding, the steakhouse and Italian were good and the Indian a bit poor...but we are spoilt in England with excellent curry restaurants.
Overall we had a fantastic holiday... excellent service from Thomson (upgrade to premium economy) Rooms were 4 star, scenery 5 star, service 4/5 star and restaurants 4/5 star. Definately a good four star hotel... remember that the staff work there it is there job.... if you start a sentence with please and a smile you will get better service than sentences that start with I want...now!
Ignore the negativity from certain people... we did and had a great time and would go back next year.
I forgot to mention that the SPA was excellent.. very reasonable by English standards, my wife had a manicure for £18 and was impressed with the quality, my daughter had a partial braiding for £25 and it was fab..... she thinks she is keeping it in for school.... she can think again!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The resort is bathed by the calm turquoise waters of Jamaica's north coast, in a small bay on a privileged enclave on the coast. The design is a perfect harmony between modernand luxurious facilities of a first class hotel and the attractive natural environment of the area characterized by the turquoise sea and the relief of the landscape. The complexalso houses an ultramodern Spa, which is equipped with the most advanced facilities and offers guests a wide variety of therapies and services. Near the village of Lucea and approximately 30 minutes from Montego Bay and its airport. Within the complex is theGrand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa has a total of 540 guestrooms in 15 villas ofthree levels with 6 Suites and 30 Junior Suites per villa. The Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Resort & Spa has a total of 516 rooms distributed in 13 villas of three levels with 6 suites and 30 Junior Suites per villa and 48 two-story cabins with 4 cabins suites (adults only) each. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Palladium Hotel Group, Odigeo, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Resort And Spa
- Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Hotel Lucea
- Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Resort & Spa Jamaica/Lucea