After reading many... many... many... way to many reviews on this place, I almost decided not to book this place. After spending a week there, I now realize how much of a mistake that would have been. This place was great!
All three beaches
the snorkelling (its free so take advantage of that! take a go pro camera, underwater camera, your own snorkelling kit)
the snorkelling expedition ($60, on a boat to some reef... booze is included, you'll see some amazing stuff, and crew's awesome)
The water sports at sunset beach
the food (face it, if you go for a buffet its buffet food but the selection is great for all ages, you wont go hungry. The jerk hut at Sunset beach was my favourite, soooo flavourful! The restaurants are where its at, loved the Creole, Indian, and Asian places, unfortunately thats all we had time for. the coffee bar was pretty good as well)
the drinks (the premixed stuff is good... for something different, ask each barkeep for his/her 'speciality'... let them get creative, you wont be disappointed!)
the staff (from the housekeepers, to the cleaners, to the landscapers, barkeepers, the guys cleaning the pools, life guards, to people just walking around outside... everyone was soooo friendly! always saying hi, respect, good morning, chatting for a couple minutes)
the room (we had a 1 bedroom suite... it was great, but in hindsight, perhaps a bit too big for us, after all its just for sleeping, didnt spend much time there)
the adult pool
the 'Sports bar' finding the Grey Cup
the nightly shows (perfect for all ages)
fresh cut coconut with a straw (the barkeep will add booze if you want, but why bother, its so refreshing)
the 'Sports bar' couldn't find any NHL games despite having Hockey memorabilia on display (not big deal, but woulda been nice on a saturday night)
annoying people leaving their stuff on beach chairs and taking off for hours (clean up your s*** people and let others use what you aren't)
ditto for garbage/cups (again, clean up your own s***)
Things to keep in mind
Jamaica is a very beautiful yet very different place than most people would expect. Personally, it was a real eye opener. This hotel, as great as it is, is behind a protected wall with security and private beaches for your comfort. take a good hard look before arriving, or take a trip out to remind yourself.
in the end, this place is what you make it... it has something for everyone so don't sweat the small stuff... After visiting this place, and then reading peoples reviews, i find that all the dsanegativities are nothing to worry about, its small petty stuff...who cares if your room is a 5 minute walk to main building, most people could use the exercise. Who cares the wait is 45 minutes to eat in one of the restaurants... grab a drink at the bar and talk to a stranger. Relax mon and enjoy yourself!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The resort is bathed by the calm turquoise waters of Jamaica's north coast, in a small bay on a privileged enclave on the coast. The design is a perfect harmony between modernand luxurious facilities of a first class hotel and the attractive natural environment of the area characterized by the turquoise sea and the relief of the landscape. The complexalso houses an ultramodern Spa, which is equipped with the most advanced facilities and offers guests a wide variety of therapies and services. Near the village of Lucea and approximately 30 minutes from Montego Bay and its airport. Within the complex is theGrand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa has a total of 540 guestrooms in 15 villas ofthree levels with 6 Suites and 30 Junior Suites per villa. The Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Resort & Spa has a total of 516 rooms distributed in 13 villas of three levels with 6 suites and 30 Junior Suites per villa and 48 two-story cabins with 4 cabins suites (adults only) each. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Odigeo, Ebookers, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Hotel Lucea
- Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Resort And Spa
- Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Resort & Spa Jamaica/Lucea