After spending hours of researching resort destinations, we booked at the Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton. This was the most miserable trip that I have been on in my life. This was not an inexpensive trip, however; I have been on many All-Inclusive trips and expected to receive what I paid for. The accommodations are outdated and run down. The first day that we arrived and were assigned a room, we went there to find that there was no air (all night). We reported it and it was not addressed until the next morning. The same night the bathroom shower flooded, the sink backed up as well, I asked for a refrigerator because my finance' is on insulin that needed to stay in the refrigerator and the refrigerator in this room did not work at all. We opted to get ice from the ice machine to keep the meds. cold, but the ice machine was not working. There was suppose to be beverages in the refrigerator and nothing was there, not even bottled water. There was a toilet brush in the bathroom with feces all over it.
After making many complaints known to the front desk and guest relations, we were told that we would be moved the next day. We waited all day for a room. I called 9 times to ask if there was a room ready and was told that they would contact us. I made one final call at 2:15 pm and was told that there was a room ready finally.
We were there for only 4 days and spent one with all the problems above and the 2nd waiting for a room. Which when we finally received it, again, no beverages in the refrigerator (which is the "mini-bar"), not even water until that night after calling 11 times. I even volunteered to go and get it myself it they told me where to find it. In addition, in the 2nd room we attempted to use the Jacuzzi which was filthy! After I cleaned it and ran water, it backed-up with black soot and grime. I called to see if it could be fixed and their way of repairing it was by removing the stopper (not sure how one is supposed to contain water in the Jacuzzi if there is no stopper).
There were cracks, holes and broken pieces of ceramic throughout the property, including our room, the steps and grounds. In fact, I slipped on the broken step leaving our room, but thank God I did not get hurt. There was no elevator to rooms on levels higher than the ground. This was very upsetting to me since I wrote to a Guest Relations Representative there prior to our arrival and explained that we needed a refrigerator for the meds and that my finance' is in need of a hip replacement, and could not do a lot of walking. We ended up on the 2nd floor, which is not typical of a 2nd floor here in the states (all concrete there).
The accommodations at this resort are not in anyway acceptable for guests. I feel ripped-off, I had a miserable time and most of all, I disappointed my finance' by trusting the resort and for a pleasurable experience. I advised the resort prior to my arrival that I would be visiting the resort as an option for a wedding there in October. Things went so bad that now my finance' does not want to have a wedding at all. I cried to Guest Relations and explained the grief that they caused us, even after we arrived home.
What a horrible trip and disappointment! I contacted the resort with my complaints, as well as social media vehicles, the American Society of Travel Agents and the World Travel & Tourism Council.
Please, please, please do not fall for the photos. Don't waste your money. Go to Secrets Resorts. They will show you how it's done. Unless you like below average.
Very Unhappy Guest
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The resort is bathed by the calm turquoise waters of Jamaica's north coast, in a small bay on a privileged enclave on the coast. The design is a perfect harmony between modernand luxurious facilities of a first class hotel and the attractive natural environment of the area characterized by the turquoise sea and the relief of the landscape. The complexalso houses an ultramodern Spa, which is equipped with the most advanced facilities and offers guests a wide variety of therapies and services. Near the village of Lucea and approximately 30 minutes from Montego Bay and its airport. Within the complex is theGrand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa has a total of 540 guestrooms in 15 villas ofthree levels with 6 Suites and 30 Junior Suites per villa. The Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Resort & Spa has a total of 516 rooms distributed in 13 villas of three levels with 6 suites and 30 Junior Suites per villa and 48 two-story cabins with 4 cabins suites (adults only) each. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Odigeo, HotelsClick, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Hotel Lucea
- Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Resort And Spa
- Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Resort & Spa Jamaica/Lucea