“Worst 5* I've ever been to”

Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Resort & Spa
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Lucea
Brazil
“Worst 5* I've ever been to”
Reviewed 7 August 2014

This hotel is over ran with ants and cockroaches. The food is terrible nothing like real life Jamaican food. Night entertainment ends to early . No snacks are the pool bar. Lots of drug taking tourists. The first aider leaves at 4pm each day . The rooms are unclean with a poor maid service.

• Stayed July 2014
3 Thank Chants90

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,367)
  • Polish first
Reviewed 7 August 2014

This is a great place to get away for a few days AT LOW COST. Remember as you are reading reviews that this is a really low price for all you get, so just keep your expectation in line for what you are paying. I came here before and I will come back again because it was so easy once you arrive. There is always something to do all day. There are plenty of beaches on site to try and different restaurants to try, and water activities and drivers on standby ready to take you to see the rest of the island. The first time here I never left the resort for 5 days and we always had things to do. The second time here we hired a tour company and saw the island. If you are OK with just paying a base price, expecting basic room and food and nothing more, you will love it. If you are expecting people to give over the top service and not to be offered additional items for sale you will be annoyed and disappointed. For example there's a photographer to take your photo for a fee, nicer bottle of wine for a fee instead of house wine, boat cruise for a fee, massages for a fee. Just say no if you don't want it and enjoy the place for what it is, a convenient and low cost way to vacation. For the price, the beaches were good beaches, the room was a good room, the food was good food. Our first trip was in 2009 and second trip was in 2014 and we'll probably go back again in a few years.

Room Tip: On the Lady Hamilton side: Ask for ocean front near a pool or beach access. Building 26 is a good on...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank Heidi F
FiestaJamaica, Manager at Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Dear Heidi F:

We have received your feedback on your recent return vacation here at the Grand Palladium Resort & Spa. We are truly happy that your overall vacation experience went well.

We appreciate your business and we do strive on improving our services so that our guest at all times can enjoy the atmosphere, warmth and friendliness of our staff.

Our repeat guests means so much to us therefore we will continue to do our best. Again, we thank you for your business and we hope that you will allow us another opportunity to make it the perfect vacation.

Best Regards,
Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 6 August 2014

We visited the Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton in Feb 2014 to celebrate my 50th Birthday with friends.
We loved everything about this place….The Weather, The Food & Drinks and the Amazing people that work there, who are so friendly and went out of their way to please you…Especially on my birthday, I had celebrations, cakes and special drinks at every bar and restaurant I went to that day!!
I spent the day of my birthday with the ladies at the incredible Spa, where we all got massages and spent a few hours lounging around the spa area pools and lazy river, while the men had a great time golfing at White Witch Golf Course.....My birthday dinner was at the Seafood restaurant and was surprised with balloons on my chair, bottles of Champagne and a delicious Birthday Cake.
We also took a fun Catamaran Snorkeling tour at Margaritaville, that went to Rick’s Café.
We had such an amazing holiday that we have already booked to go back again in December and bring our 3 grown children to celebrate our 30th Wedding Anniversary.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Heather F
Dear Heather F:

We have received your feedback regarding your recent vacation here at Grand Palladium Resort & Spa. We are happy to know that you had a great time and everything went well especially on your birthday.

Your comments were well appreciated to us as this is one of the many ways we grow and improve our products and services.

Again we thank you for your feedback and we look forward to your return visit so we can make it another grand vacation and anniversary experience.

Best regards,
Sunderland
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Food in the a la carte excellent, Buffett good bit repetitive but well cooked. Really enjoyed the beaches and pools. 99% staff were friendly and always said hello when passing, but everyone has there off days. Overall really enjoyed our stay, if I had to complain it would be the location bit out of the way. Well worth the money.

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank morn78
FiestaJamaica, Manager at Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Dear Morn78:

Thank you for your feedback on your recent vacation here at the grand Palladium Resort & Spa. We are truly happy that your vacation experience met your expectations.

Our guests means so much to us therefore we will continue to do our best. Again, we thank you for your business and we hope to see you soon on your next vacation.

Best Regards,
Hamilton, Canada
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I can't say that I would go back to this hotel. I went on vacation for my friends wedding from June 29th - july 6th. Her wedding at the resort was very beautiful no complaints. As for the rest of the hotel it definitely needs some adjusting. To start off there are far to many rules at this resort, when you go to an all inclusive resort You don't expect to hear the word no so often as I did. They would not serve us lunch at the snack bar that was on the beach simply because we were in our bathing suits even tho there were people sitting at tables drinking in their bathing suits. They told us we needed to have shorts,shirts and shoes on if we wanted to eat. I was really shocked by this seeing as we were on the beach and not at a restaurant. Most of the staff was very rude and asked for tips very often which dumb founded me and turned me off from tipping even tho I already had money in my hand to tip them. One time I opened a door to ask a staff lady a question and she interrupted me and yelled close the door behind you in a very rude tone. I would ask for more beers to be put in our mini fridge and would leave money every day and all I ever got was one lousy extra beer but sure enough the money would be gone. So I asked the man who was in charge of restocking the fridges and he told me that it's $2.50 per beer. Being at an all inclusive resort shouldn't mean having to pay for drinks, I thought that was incredibly rude and couldn't believe it. The beaches were not the greatest one beach was very very rocky and no sand and the other one was more of a lagoon type with sand. This is my biggest complaint. One afternoon the entertainment staff were trying to get everyone to play a game where you throw darts to pop balloons to win various prizes and she said that you could win a trip to one of palladium's hotels. So naturally everyone on the beach lines up to play this game because everyone wants a free trip. The game goes on and it's getting down to just a few balloons and almost everyone has had a turn and still no trip so everyone thinks it's in one of the balloons that haven't been popped. After there were no more people left but still 4 balloons left the girl told everyone the game was over. So my friend and I went over the balloon board after the girl told us very rudely to not go near it and we popped the rest of the balloons much to her dismay to find out that there was NO free trip and that she had lied about the whole thing. I'm not sure why she would lie about that but it was just very unsettling. All in all I had a good time I wouldn't go back to the hotel just because of all their rules which got more and more ridiculous as the week went on and the unfriendly and unapproachable staff who expect to be tipped just for them talking to you.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Jo B
Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Stayed here at beginning of July 2014 for a wedding. Resort is beautiful but very big. Three different beaches to enjoy. Food at the a la cartes was awesome, only ate at buffet for breakfast and dinner but food there was good too. Jerk chicken and ice cream at the beach were one of our favs.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank 337Darryl
Dear 337Daryl:

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent vacation here at Grand Palladium Resort & Spa. We are happy to know that you had a great time.

Your comments and concerns are very important to us as this is one of the many ways we grow and improve our products and services.

Again we thank you for your feedback and we look forward to your return visit so we can make it another grand vacation experience.

Best wishes
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

We visited the Lady Hamilton on the 11th April for 2 weeks for our wedding and brought along 23 of our family and friends. We are 29 and 30 and our group ranged from 7 months -76 years of age. My parents had already visited the resort two years previously so we knew that it would be a fab holiday.

The hotel was very nice, the staircase and lobby is really nice, love the hotel blocks and the gardens were lovely. We loved the footpaths with shelter above you there great.

Food was really nice with a wide variety to chose from. The a la cartes were really nice the lotus, indian and steakhouse were the best.
Wide selection of drinks and cocktails to choose from you will have no problem with these.

Pool area is really nice and so big we had plenty of fun in the pool with music being played which makes a great atmosphere. We played volley ball had drinks at the swim up bar and lots of fun in our enormous rubber rings that seat 4 adults :).

Entertainment during the day is great plenty of games to play and the staff like you join in and are welcoming and fun.

Entertainment at nighttime we loved. There are shows to watch and we went to see a few you see the staff during the day practicing they work hard in their performances and we enjoyed them.
Our best place to be was at the infinity bar, it was fantastic to sit, chat, dance and have a good time. The live bands were amazing and I personally absolutely loved the steel drums listening to them just makes you want to dance, this is something we like and if you are into this atmosphere and music you will love it just like we did.

The staff we found were polite, friendly and helpful. If you are friendly and polite yourself then you will receive this in return, a few staff in the day and night would chat to us and make a fuss of our daughter and my nephew, daughter is 3 and nephew 7 months at the time. We did tip and sometimes you didnt get any better service from some staff but others you definately would in which they were thankful for.

The best beach I thought was sunset cove. To us it was a real caribbean beach with palm trees, reggae music playing and lots of activities such as the pedlos and canoes. The jerk chicken hut was here also. We all enjoyed this. I find beaches with no atmosphere a bit boring but thats a personal preference.

We had no problems with our rooms very spacious and lovely view on our 4th day we were moved to one of the honey moon suites which were gorgeous and we were upgraded free of charge and it was on the fourth day when one became available.

The golf buggies for transporting too were great especially for my husbands grandparents.

Our wedding was very beautiful, intimate amd special to us and all our family and friends thought so too. Our wedding cordinator was Meloney and she was fab, making sure everything ran smoothly and made sure everything was perfect.
Our location was the gazebo at 2.00pm on good friday 18th april. This looked beautiful we had the pearl island packages, the lillies on the pedestals were amazing. The service was lovely the music we chose from home was perfect and the minister was a very nice man. Once the service was finished we walked to the end of the footpath and all had a toast of champayne. We had our photographs taken, with this package you have photographs taken at the ceremony, true colours also did these in the garden, the staircase and at and walking to our cocktail party which was a bonus. My dad brought a professional camera from home which members of our party took during the day and night so we didnt need to pay for a photgraphy package. We did buy the disc with the pictures that the true colours had taken though as there was some fab pics.
After our pictures we had a cocktail hour party which was fantastic this was situated in a private section in the infinity bar , there was some gorgeous food served which we chose and we had our own little bar for drinks. I know its an all inclusive resort but I would highly recommend the cocktail hour, there is so much food to choose and eat. At the cocktail hour we had the steel drum band they were FANTASTIC we were all up dancing and had so much fun.
When the cocktail reception had finished we went into the miss lous bar for a chat and drinks, we actually wanted to go in there as this is usually air conditioned but that day they had not got this one and we asked for this to be put on but they didn't so a little dissapointed with that. The men were dressed in suits and me in my dress so it was a little on the warm side.

We didnt have a private reception we chose to pick one of the restaurants for this and the lotus restaurant could cater for the size of our party. Im so glad we didn't pay extra for a private reception as this was just perfect. We had a private section and a top table the table was decorated with the accessories we had brought from home which meloney decorated for us. The flower arrangements from our ceremony which are very large all the pearls etc also. We brought things like this from home to decorate and it look amazing. Our meal was gorgeous and the waiters we had were just for our party and were there constantly and asked us if we needed anything all the time. We had bottle after bottle of champayne and our glasses were never empty. Our wedding cake was jamaican fruit cake it was so yummy. I asked one of the waiters if they would take our remaining tier of cake and flowers to our room and he did they were great. The staff at our wedding reception got a generous tip from us all of about 130 dollars they deserved it so thank you to them and our wedding cordinator. We laughed, cried and chatted for hours at that table and couldnt have wished for anything more perfect.
After the meal we went to the infinity bar for drinks. Our wedding day was perfect and I would recommend this resort for your wedding.

We will definately visit the grand palladium lady hamilton. Thank you for making our wedding and holiday so special.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
6 Thank Becci06
Dear Becci06:

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent vacation and wedding here at Grand Palladium Resort & Spa. We are happy to know that you had a great time and everything went according to plan and that the overall facility was to your personal liking. We will share your comments with our team in particular our wedding department.

Warm regards,
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lucea
Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa
#1 of 1 in Ironshore
3.5 of 5 bubbles 5,905 reviews
Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel
Secrets Wild Orchid Montego Bay

Been to Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!