My husband and I stayed at the grand palladium lady hamilton from 20/7-3/8. From the moment we arrived everything was wonderful. We were greeted at reception by Ingrid who had had correspondence with my husband prior to arrival; just to say hello! How nice that was. Our room was fantastic 3230. Top floor with views of the sea and both coral beach and sunset cove. It had a living room and a bedroom both had their own individually controlled air conditioning and their own TV sets. The bathroom was huge and the jacuzzi bath a lovely addition.
I had worried prior to arrival due to all of the negative reviews about the cleanliness of the hotel and I had contacted thomsons to enquire about changing. Thomsons assured me they would not send guests to hotels that were not of a good standard. However, based on the information I had read before hand I decided that if a few items bought at home would alleviate problems then I would take them with me. I brought with me a can of bug spray, fabreeze air fresher and 2 damp traps. I placed 1 trap in the wardrobe to hopefully avoid damp clothes and the other in the bedroom. I sprayed insect spray the instant I arrived and placed air freshners around the room (all bought from £1 land so well worth a fiver) The traps did collect water and I had only one occasion when my clothes felt damp, we never saw a bug but I don't think that was down to spraying as after the first spray I forgot about it for the remainder of the holiday. The fabreeze, to be fair was only needed on one occasion and this was an occasion when both air conditioning units were on so i understood the SLIGHT smell of damp when we walked into our room. Speaking of the airconditiong, ours worked great. So good that it was turned off in the bedroom at night!
Sharon, our cleaner was fantastic, our room always cleaned, towels always in abundance and always a smile and hello when we passed her on the stairs.
The fridge was stocked daily and kept everything cool enough.
The hotel is very impressive and all staff we encountered were very friendly. The pool areas were clean and the only exception to this was first thing on the odd morning when cups and food were around sun beds. This was quickly cleaned by staff without having to ask. Therefore I don't believe it to be fair to say areas are not clean but I would emphasis that it is guests who left it the previous night. The only negative thing I would say about the hotel is the general state of repair. At this moment in time a missing paving stone, chipped stairs (although I was exceptionally careful when walking up and down them), exposed electrical wires and the odd broken sun bed did not have any impact on the quality of my holiday, however, it would be a reason not to consider the hotel again for fear of these problems being worse.
We ate at all of the a la cartes and each of them was fantastic, we used all 3 buffets with our favourite for breakfast being blue lagoon, so peaceful a lovely way to start the day. We also used the sports bar which was also good. I liked not having to pre book a la carte the day before I was happy to decided on the day what I fancied. The only suggestion I would make though is that although I didn't mind queuing to make a reservation there were 2 occasions where we queued for 20 minutes to then be told no more reservations were being taken, this was of course at the steak house, but there is a plain black board outside; it could be that the word full could be chalked onto this, eliminating unnecessary queuing and then upset/angry guests. We were annoyed but some guests were getting quite angry.
Overall our holiday was amazing. And it was due to the staff, food and view that this was the case
Thank you Grand Palladium
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The resort is bathed by the calm turquoise waters of Jamaica's north coast, in a small bay on a privileged enclave on the coast. The design is a perfect harmony between modernand luxurious facilities of a first class hotel and the attractive natural environment of the area characterized by the turquoise sea and the relief of the landscape. The complexalso houses an ultramodern Spa, which is equipped with the most advanced facilities and offers guests a wide variety of therapies and services. Near the village of Lucea and approximately 30 minutes from Montego Bay and its airport. Within the complex is theGrand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa has a total of 540 guestrooms in 15 villas ofthree levels with 6 Suites and 30 Junior Suites per villa. The Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Resort & Spa has a total of 516 rooms distributed in 13 villas of three levels with 6 suites and 30 Junior Suites per villa and 48 two-story cabins with 4 cabins suites (adults only) each. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Palladium Hotel Group, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Resort And Spa
- Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Hotel Lucea
- Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Resort & Spa Jamaica/Lucea