“Rebook somewhere else if it's not too late”

Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Resort & Spa
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Lucea
Haverhill MA
“Rebook somewhere else if it's not too late”
Reviewed 11 March 2009

I read some of the reviews of this place (unfortunately AFTER booking it) and thought people were just being ridiculously anal. We've been to many many many all inclusive resorts in all different countries and theres always some tiny thing that goes wrong but didn't think that the things I read about this place were actually going to be true. We arrived around 4pm on 3/1/09 and after checking in went to our room to unpack. When we opened the door to our room and walked into about 100 degrees of heat. The power wouldn't turn on and as a result, the AC wasn't running. I remembered reading in someone elses review that they had power problems too and were told by the front desk, (AFTER CALLING THEM) that they needed to swipe their room key into a slot on the wall to activate the power. I located the slot, swiped my room card and low and behold the power turned on. When the power came on, we noticed that the AC didn't come on. While trying to get the AC to work, the power shut back off. I swept the card through the slot again and the power came back on. After approximately 2 minutes the power would trip off again. This happened 5 times in 10 minutes. I now had sweat pouring off my body and called the front desk to complain. I told them the power wouldn't stay on more than 2 minutes after swiping the card and by the way (thanks for telling us we had to do that while we were checking in) and that even when the power was on, the AC wasn't working. They said they would send maintenance up to the room for the AC but that I had to leave the room key in the slot (permanently) to keep the power on. I then asked him how we were supposed to get back in the room after leaving it and we were told to come back down to the front desk and they would give us another card. Common sense would tell me that this should be addressed at check in. We waited 30 minutes for maintenance to show up and finally had enough. I unscrewed the AC control module from the wall and after jiggling wires around for a minute or two, I got the AC to work on my own. So now I have power and AC that works but I wasted the first hour and a half of our vacation getting it squared away. Something I shouldn't have had to do. MAINTENANCE NEVER SHOWED UP BY THE WAY.
Now we go for a stroll to check out the place and have a few drinks and find out that they use 6 ounce cups. Thank god we brought our own 32 ounce bubba keg mugs as we noticed most of the other people had too. After scopin out the place, we discovered that they put us on the wrong side of the resort. We booked the Lady Hamilton Side and were put on the opposite side, not to mention the furthest building from the main area. We let that go because to us, that's a minor issue. We then return to our room to get ready for dinner. While we're getting ready we check out the mini bar, which is stocked with TWO bottles of RED ROCK beer. Yes, TWO bottles. The only other thing in the mini bar was a bottle of coke and a bottle of orange soda. We find out the bottle isn't screw off so start looking for the bottle opener. We look everywhere, to no avail. We called the front desk to let them know that we were missing a bottle opener and this is what we got for an answer. Are you ready? They said, if you have to open a bottle of beer, we will send someone up to the room to open it for you. I said, YOU'RE KIDDING ME RIGHT? He said, no sir. I just hung up and used the corner of their furniture to pry the tops off. By the way, no one ever showed up with a bottle opener, which is what we anticipated.
While in the bathroom for the first time, there was dried urine on the toilet seat, with the accompanying smell. THIS IS TRUE PEOPLE!!!! Greenish yellowish stains encrusted on the toilet seat. I remembered seeing a housekeeper in our building when we came back in, tracked her down, showed it to her and asked her to clean it which she did. The other thing I remembered reading that was negative about this place was that the beds were hard as a rock with springs poking out. Guess what? EXACTLY RIGHT! It feels like your laying on a solid bed of spring coils. A very cheap inexpensive bottom of the barrel mattress would have been better.
The first morning we were there, we went out to the pool area to hang out for the day. They give you towel cards at check in to exchange for towels by the pool. The towel desk opened at 9am. I was there at 9am with about 30 other people. The door was open but there was no one around to help you. I took a peek inside and saw all the shelves empty, otherwise I would have just grabbed my own towels. I tacked down a female worker and told her that a bunch of people were waiting to get towels. She came to the towel desk and told us that they forgot to order towels for the day, maybe they'll have some later. Again, ARE YOU KIDDING ME? I ended up taking towels out of the dirty towel return bin. I know they were used, but I figured I wasn't going to die from it.
The next thing I encountered that was negative was their BEACH VOLLEYBALL COURT. I found that the court was a slab of concrete with approximately 1/4 inch of crushed concrete over it, making it look like your playing on white beach sand. After playing a handful of games on this BEACH court, my feet were bleeding. How hard would it be to bring actual beach sand up and do it right?
Then we discovered that there was no bar or food on the beach like every other resort has. If you wanted a drink and were spending the day on the beach, you had to walk all the way up to the pool area to get it. This bar was busy because it was the only one in the immediate area. There was usually 10 to 20 people waiting to get drinks at all times and guess what? Yup, ONE BARTENDER!!! So imagine this. You walk off the beach, which could be far depending on where on the beach you were, you then wait up to 20 minutes for a drink which after receiving it, is only 6 ounces if you weren't smart enought o bring your own mug. The drink would be gone before you got back to your beach chair. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, if you go, bring your own beverage container.
So far these are all things that were negative and we haven't been there 24 hours yet.
There is no area of the beach where you can go swimming without killing your feet on rocks and it went on and on and on for the rest of our time there. Luckily we like to party and made it fun based on that. The food was good, not cafateria quality like some other people said. We also didn't encounter any bugs in our room like the other people said. Thank god we only paid $800 a piece including air to stay at this 2 star resort for 7 nights. I guess you get what you pay for.

3 Thank sicilian34

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,407)
  • Polish first
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 10 March 2009

I truly wish I could be giving this resort a glowing review, as we were hoping for a wonderful vacation. Instead I will begin with the positives and we'll move on from there. The Jamaican staff were very, very nice for the most part, exception being management. We had SUBSTANTIAL issues at the resort and management never said they were sorry or offered to truly correct the problems. We were going for a very special romantic trip and well...it turned out much the opposite for us.

Positives to begin with:
1)Dining/beverages: food was good. Breakfast buffets were well above average. Good variety. Best restaurant by far was the Indian restaurant and Kamahl (think this is how to spell his name) was an incredible server and friendly and knowledgeable. Chilli at Miss Lou's was an incredible bartender and we found all the bartenders to be very good in fact. We did enjoy the beach bbq and had a good time and thought that they did a great job with that. The drinks were good, enjoyed the rum drinks (hummingbird and dirty banana) but if you want a red stripe or a top shelf, you have only one bar to turn to. The bartender we met there, Chilli, did a fabulous job and is an expert mixologist making one mean bloody mary btw. There should be red stripe offered. The standard beer isn't bad, but it is not what we wished for.

2)Accomodations: Villa was lovely and we were in a villa on the Lady Hamilton side in the romance suites, which we paid to have the highest upgrade for. My boyfriend had made careful planning to get us the suite with the best view weeks before hand and when we went in it was truly lovely with an awesome view. We were in the Helicona villa to begin with btw.

3)Grounds are pretty much immaculate and looks very nice.

Now let's get down to the sad situation we encountered on our trip. Both T and I are well-travelled and love the Caribbean and we know an outstanding resort when we experience one and are both more than happy to give outstanding reviews on TA to resorts that deserve it. Sadly, the Lady Hamilton does not. It is NOT because of the people, the Jamaican staff but is because the management has not properly addressed important issues because the issues brought forth from prior visitors on trip advisor are indeed true and still exist. I honestly just thought these other reviewers were extremely picky people and that some of the problems were not big ones..but they were right. The other reviewers were indeed right about the problems at the Grand Palladium Jamaica/Lady Hamilton.

Having purchased the romance villa, we expected to not experience any of this but here goes.

Problems:
1)Right after checking in, we go and explore the beaches. Upon our arrival (we stayed four days), we discovered we could not get into the room as the card didn't work. This happened EVERY DAY EVERY TIME we attempted entry into our villa and we made multiple trips to the lobby to get them to "reprogram" the key card. Each time they said it was fixed and finally on the second day, they said they had to replace the lock. They replaced the lock on the morning of the third day, and it STILL did not work. Huge inconvenience to say the least. We couldn't meet you all at the meet and greet because we were dealing with this issue. We also wanted to experience lovely sunsets, but were usually dealing with this issue that was each time supposedly solved and missed two of the four.

2)Odor. On the third day, after my significant other took a shower in the outside shower, I noticed a putrid smell eminating from what appeared to be the plumbing. Sewer like smell. It did not clear. We kept on smelling it after each toilet flush or shower visit and that was the last straw. Not only did our keys not work, it stunk to high heaven. We informed the management yet again (about our fifth phone call) and at that time they suggested we be moved to a different villa. We agreed. One day left in our vacation and we're finally taken to a room that we could enter and did not emit a foul odor upon toilets flushing or outdoor shower running.

By the way, we were informed by the housekeeping manager/supervisor for that area that the Helicona villa below us had significant odor issues. In fact, upon investigation, we saw that very morning yellow tape (like crime scene tape) was roping off an area behind our villa and there was an area where water/sewage/something had gathered and it appeared that digging was happening around the villa and near the plumbing. We should have NEVER been placed in such a room to begin with and if the housekeeping manager knew about it, then MANAGEMENT obviously knew about it because of the obvious repair work being done behind the villa.

3)Mattress. Horrible. Ihave to admit this. I've had a firm mattress before and slept on it well, but you'd think that in a villa suite (highest level offered at the resort) that they would have at least some comfortable mattresses. I felt every spring and we both tossed and turned and got little sleep. I felt so sore that I actually went outside early one morning onto our patio and pushed together the two chaise lounges and brought out my pillow and a cover and attempted to catch up on some sleep outside.

4)Bathrobe. I went outside to get some sleep because of the mattress situation and put on the complimentary bathrobe as I was a teeny bit chilly and fell asleep. After waking, I had broken out in a hideous and very itchy and burning rash. Apparently whatever they are using to wash their clothes (and I'm not a terrribly allergic person but am a medical professional) caused me to have a horrible reaction. Luckily I carry benadryl with me on all travels in case of a bad bug bite or an unforseen issue like this one. But it didn't go away.

5)Bathroom in new villa: We were sent to a supposedly clean villa and housekeeping was to have cleaned it before we arrived and in the bathroom in the corners I found some "spots" which were dried up on the floor and the size of a dime or larger. I did not want to inspect them further for fear (were right color for that) it was excrement or blood. The bathroom had obviously not been mopped at all. We spent three quarters of one day in the new villa and upon leaving, the maid (whom we had never seen before and didn't clean for us in the other villa) asked us "did you leave something for me?" I found that somewhat rude and was bewildered since she didn't do that much for us.

6)Pools/beaches: They are cold. In dire need of heaters. Nobody I saw was in the pools. Too frigid. So that leaves the beaches. We did enjoy sunset cove and T enjoyed kayaking. We did not encounter sand that was hard, but were just limited in what we could do because all the pools were not heated and there had apparently (staff informed us) there was a cold front that had pushed through and the seas were unusually cold.

7)How management said they were sorry for us spending our money on their highest level of suite only to be bitterly disappointed? They sent us an 8 dollar (according to the tv menu and the first channel where you can order items) at best tray of THREE chocolate covered strawberries. We never got a sincere apology. When I mentioned once at the front desk after the odor incident to a woman from obviously their home office (Spain) Christina, she gave me somewhat of a nasty look when I told her that the housekeeping manager had told us this villa had had this problem before..she said "Who told you that?" I was seriously worried that the housekeeping manager would be in trouble with the management because she simply told us the truth. We were never offered a decent apology and the wrongs were never properly righted.

We won't be staying at a Palladium again. Nope. We'll go back to our usual haunts, where our friends and family (and ourselves) have had much better vacations. We should have done as suggested by our relatives and gone to either secrets maroma or the fairmont mayakoba.

The management needs an overhaul. I'm not so sure that Fiesta resorts has a good grip on what it is that Americans desire. They weren't friendly, didn't address problems, and had an attitude basically to "sweep it under the rug" and hope that enough people churn through their resorts to make up for the lack of repeat business.

1 Thank bellnga
PA
Reviewed 9 March 2009

I worried about the mixed reviews we read prior to booking the vacation. I actually think we couldn't be staying at the same place those people were complaining about. We had a great time and didn't want to leave.

Probably the worst part of the whole trip was the registration process. I booked the trip online through Orbitz and had no problem with the room we got. We arrived at the resort at about 1:30 and were told the room wasn't ready and to check back at 3. We did and it still wasn't ready and after asking a few times after that, they finally had it made up by about 4. So we had to wait a little extra time - we had a few drinks and a great buffet lunch, so it really wasn't that bad. If we had been smarter, our suits would have been in our backpacks and it would have been a non-issue.

We booked our week long vacation only a week prior to leaving. We don't have kids, so opted for the "bungalows" on the Lady Hamilton side of the resort. The rooms were spacious and had huge hot tubs in them. We probably didn't have to worry about the kids because I don't think there were more than 2 dozen on the whole property. We had no problems with bugs or broken ac in the rooms. Yes, the beds are hard, but not that bad. I could have used a smaller pillow, but how often do you go to a hotel and get the type of pillow you have at home? We were on the ground floor - a 2nd floor room would have been nicer because of the privacy issues. The bungalows are on the point at the end of the resort, so lots of people walk by, so being up would have been nicer. All rooms in the bungalows have an ocean view which was awesome.

There were bars just about anywhere and bringing your own large cup or mug is a great idea. We tried out 6 of the 7 restaurants and the food was great in all of them. We think that we got the wrong meals in the Italian restaurant, but what we got was great too. We waited about 30 minutes there, but having a few drinks before dinner is fine. We especially liked the appetizers in all the restaurants. The only one we didn't try was the steak house because there was a wait there every night. Try to get to the seafood restaurant at Sunset Cove at least one night for the Sunset - it was spectacular.

As far as the service goes, we didn't have any real problems with anyone or anything. One day, our room wasn't made up when we got back from the beach, but they had hung new towels on our door when we went out to dinner. There were no problems finding beach towels either, or face cloths or anything. As far as the maintenance, it was more important to me to see that they were working to correct the brick paths that had been damaged with the service trucks than the fact that there were some cosmetic issues.

If you want to have a good time, get involved with the activities. They have a stretching/yoga class each morning which was great. There are dance classes by the pool and volleyball and other games. Sunset Cove beach had paddle boats, snorkeling equipment, kayaks and Hobie catamarans and we tried it all. Take advantage of what's there. The gym was crowded on the cloudy morning we went in, but on other days, it didn't seem to be too bad.

We went on 2 outside trips - the Zipline trip was fantastic. It was about 45 minutes away up a bumpy road that they congratulated us on surviving when we arrived at the Zipline. We also did the Chukka Horseback riding. I was worried because I've been told that the horses can be like skeletons on some of these trips. These horses were located at one of the Polo fields in Jamaica. They were obviously well cared for and healthy. You go out on 2 rides - one easy trail ride where you have your own personal guide telling you all about everything you are seeing. You end up back at the stables where you strip down to your bathing suit and go on an ocean ride. I've ridden most of my life and this was probably one of the most exciting things I've ever done on a horse. If you want to do something fun, I'd suggest either of these trips.

We really loved our time there and would recommend it to anyone. Oh, and the missing pool tiles - they didn't effect our vacation in any way. : )

9 Thank Paintedspring
wisconsin
Reviewed 8 March 2009

After reading many of the reviews I went to the resort hoping for the best. The view was beautiful as was the pool and beach areas. The resort was pretty , but that's where it stops. I'm not the type of person to knit pick everything but there were to many problems to not say anything. For a resort to be as new as this is it really lacked in many areas.
Starting with our room, we had no air conditioning to speak of and after telling staff and management about it we still had nothing the length of our stay. The room had an odor of a sewer smell to it as did our other parties rooms. The power went out not only in our rooms and our units but also in restaurants and outside bars on a number of different occasions. We rarely received wash cloths and I don't care if the locals don't use them it's supposed to be a five star resort!
Maintenance is a huge problem I have never seen so many pool tiles missing and laying around the pool and in the water. I have never seen such a lack in being able to anchor anything to concrete! Many hand rails for the pool steps were so loose I could have pulled them out if I slipped and had to grab them! One night a chandelier fell to the ground in the main lobby, fortunately nobody was standing under it.
There were some very nice individuals in the restaurants and bars but for the most part if I needed something they seemed to act as if I was bothering them.But if I had a tip in my hand things seemed to change which is funny for a resort that markets itself as a no tipping all inclusive!
In the recreation areas such as the tennis courts they were nice but the fences surrounding them were actually busted and bent over on the courts and the basketball hoops were bent with no nets it looked like a facility that's been around for about ten or more years.
The food had a lot to desired, our party could count on one hand the times during our week long stay that we actually received a meal that was supposed to hot it was almost always cold and the food that should come cold was lukewarm to melted.This made half our party get sick and miss a day in the sun.
This was our 20th wedding anniversary and I hoped it would be something to look back on fondly, but instead I wish we would have went on a cheap cruise instead!!

• Stayed March 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank oceanlover01
Winnipeg
Reviewed 8 March 2009

Some background - We are in our early 40's, travel to 4*+ resorts every winter, we're both not scared of exercise and are fairly laid back (not quite Jamaican style, but close), we prefer the beach to the pool anytime.. We do believe in tipping so maybe some of the 'nay-sayers' don't?? We usually don't go to buffet's at home because the food quality is sub-par so not sure why people expect better while on a cheap vacation?

We stayed on the resort except for day trip to Negril/Rick's Cafe (with Joe Cool outside the front gate) and the zipline tour which was an absolute blast. We slept in until about 9:00 every morning (we're on vacation after all), never got to the beach until around 11:00 after breakfast and stayed there until sunset a couple of times meaning we were having dinner around 6:30-7:00 most nights, later on the 'sunset' nights.. Then, Groundhog day (repeat, repeat, repeat..)

The negative reviews had us concerned with our decision to stay at the Lady Hamilton but when we got there we received everything we expected and then some.. Yes, there were loose tiles at the pool, yes they are trucking in 'sand' and trees at the main beach and wrecking the paved sidewalks because they are driving on them. They did this at late evening so as not to bother everyone and were fixing the pavers during the day which made us have to walk 10 feet out of our way on the grass so as not to go right through the workzone. None of this bothered us because we walked (heaven forbid) to the sport beach and enjoyed perfectly fine natural sand and all the amenities of an All Inclusive resort.... Sailing, snorkelling, pedal boats, drinks, sun, etc...

I could go on to defend all of the negative reviews on here but won't waste the time. If you go with an open mind, the knowledge that you are in a poor country, RELAX because you are on vacation and slip into Jamaican mode while there, then I truly believe you will have a great vacation... Otherwise, you can spend hours complaining about buffet food, poor service, room amenities, Air conditioning, TV channels??, etc.. (p.s. everyone else is already tired of listening to your whining in line at the jerk chicken lineup so ssssshhhush). Maybe we got lucky but I can HONESTLY say that we experienced no problems and when we did need anything we requested it politely and were satisfied completely. I will also comment that the 2-3 people I heard complaining (and some on here) had been MOVED by request from their first room and were even unhappier with the second room... Not sure if this is the front desk staff's way of playing a joke but????

P.S... This resort, like most is "first come, first serve". This goes for bars, buffets, restaurants, and check-in. If you want to get in ahead of everyone else, I suggest you be there BEFORE everyone else. I personally witnessed two instances of so called "poor service" because somebody didn't follow these rules 1) A couple walked past everyone in the (5 min.) seating line at the buffet and stole someone else's table then everyone involved blamed the seating staff and took up their time arguing over it. 2) A 'gentlemen' tried to walk past the lineup for Bubba's steak house with some $$ tucked in his hand and tried to get in before the rest of us... The host advised him politely that he'd have to wait in line and handed him back the $$ for all to see. He was upset because of this???? (I thought it was hilarious).

All in all, the resort was fine (not perfect - but fine), the food was actually the best we've had at All Inclusives (trust the server's recommendations - Thanks Kevin!!). Our room (27 hundred block) was cleaned early every day, fridge re-stocked, everything worked as expected but truthfully we vacation to get OUTSIDE not sit in the room and watch TV (which was out a couple of times). We felt perfectly safe the entire seven days, unlike some other vacations. Walking around Negril was fine, trusting Joe Cool for the day was fine, and the lifeguards at the sport beach were top notch. When someone tipped sail boats or got out too far they were in a boat immediately to help them out.

If you want to relax and have fun - this is the place. We would definitely recommend it and may go back.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple
9 Thank 3weekscounting
Toronto
Reviewed 8 March 2009

PERSPECTIVE. That's what it's all about. OK. Just got back from one week at the Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton resort. We (my wife and our 3 year daughter) generally only take one big trip a year, the other time spent at the cottage. We usually spend between $6000-10,000 for a week U.S.), so we know what "5 Star" really means. Plus, I've been to 8 other different Caribbean islands, so I know the area. In a nutshell, there's no such thing as a 5 Star All-inclusive...it's like Jumbo shrimp....it's an oxymoron. So we're starting with 4 stars here. So, with that in mind, I gave it 3 out of 4. Keep in mind however, that's largely because we got this trip on sale for $2600.00 for 3. If I had paid the "normal" price which was 2.5 times that, or $6,500, I would have been EXTREMELY disappointed and given it 2 stars. If you're still interested, read on.
Rooms: Definitely get one of the adult only suites if you can. We have a 3 year old, so the next best thing is a one bedroom suite with an ocean front room (you can actually call the resort, and ask for reservations). Block 32 is the closest to the water and would be the nicest in my opinion. 33 is next; we were in 34. Quite nice; we were in the very front on the ground floor (3407). However, I'd opt for the first or second floor; the grounds staff know its all inclusive, and will ask you for a water or sprite every day (one even asked us to get him some lunch!) If you're high up, they won't. Never lost electricity or hot water, but yes, the water pressure leaves something to be desired. Oh, and the beds are very hard...I like a hard bed but this was crazy...like they forgot to add the mattress on the box spring!

The fitness centre is quite nice, as is the spa (the pool there is good for laps). The main pool is huge. yes it's missing tiles (picked up 12 myself) but the main thing is the handrails at all the steps are loose; they move 6 inches in either direction when you put weight on them....law suit?

Food is quite good (best is the Indian) but really no kind of kids menu. Wine wasn't great; ordered a bottle each night off their wine list...and here they were very good...generally cost between $18 to $28 for a nice California Chardonnay...could easily have gouged us for 1.5 times that.

Kids centre. I kiddy pool shaped like a peanut, 18feet by 6 feet. Nice little jungle gym on the other side...don't know if I'd leave my kid there...and the staff there were miserable.

If you get a junior suite, MAKE SURE it's on the 2nd or 3rd floor. If not you could be looking right into one of the walkways that goes between the buildings, 25 feet away...lovely, like a freeway of people directly in front of you.

Beaches. Nicest is Sunset Cove (and Poseidon's Sunset Cove Restaurant is here as well, about 40 feet up...definitely the nicest place in the resort). The others are man made, shallow with coral and short....not the place to go for long walks on the beach.

So to conclude, if you can get the deal price ($100/night/person) it's not bad for a week to get away. Parts of the resort really are beautiful (the main foyer area) but it's 1200 rooms...and growing! Biggest resort in Jamaica AND the Caribbean! Luckily, for most of our stay, it was only 1/3 to 1/2 full...can't imagine what it would be like full! Also, at the end, the Spring Break crown started to arrive....ugly.

So was it nice? Yes. Am I glad I went? Yes. Will I ever return? No. Way too many other nice (and smaller) resorts in the Caribbean.

Oh, one last note. 20 years ago, I went to Jamaica for the first time. Swore I'D Never come back due to all the badgering I'd gotten from the locals. Was it as bad this time? No, but it's still there, and in my opinion it's worse here than on any other island in the Caribbean (and I've been to 8).

If you have any questions, feel free to e mail me, and good luck!

• Stayed March 2009, travelled with family
9 Thank cheddy
nova scotia
Reviewed 6 March 2009

We have just returned from the Lady Hamilton, & we were more than pleased with the resort as a whole. It is well posted in all the reviews that I read, that this is a new resort, and no matter what country you are in, that generally means some growing pains.

Check in .... since there were only 4 couples, check in was quick and courteous and a porter was ready to take us to our room. Very nice Jr room and everything worked without a hitch. Lots of hot water too. Villa 27 is very close to Lobby, Restaurants and pools.

Food .... we only ate at the Buffett, as we like to eat at the same time each night, without waiting to be served. I am a very picky eater, but found something different everynight to fill me up. Breakfast is great, with different foods to accomodate every country's taste. Wait staff was very courteous and attentive. Only 2 comments on buffett, I do believe that the food could be kept a hotter (ie lids on chaffing dishes) and items with hot peppers should be labelled. Hubby bit into a jamaican hot pepper, and boy was it hot. If it were a child or older person, it might have been a very different scene.

Pool & Beach ... The pool area was very large, with lots of palapas to keep out of the sun for those who wanted to. The area we sat in was kept very clean by pool attendent Zitroy (Rastaman). Yes indeed there were tiles coming up in the pool, and the railings were a bit shaky, but it is hardly the time of year to drain the pool and wait a week for the epoxy or cement glue to take hold. Get over it .... The Las Brisas beach is clearly manmade, and for those who don't live on the ocean, it will take time for all the hard work to be realized. Bring water shoes if little stones bother you. You can see them at night bringing in more sand and raking the beach. Just remember, what the tide brings in, it will take away eventually.

Bars ... We did use most of the bars and I found the service to be pretty damn good. There was a good selection of drinks and cocktails, compared to other places that I have been, and the bartenders have memories like I have never seen before. Cudo's to Andrea at the Las Brisas Bar .... she never stops. The sports bar, is very nice with pool tables, fuzz ball tables, big screen TV & lots of sports memorabilia on the walls. Service is great too.....

Entertainment Staff .... This crew puts in a very long day at the Children's centre, pool activity crew and again at 9pm for the nightly showtime. Off course they are not Las Vegas show people, but they work very hard on a daily basis to improve their talents...

Excursions ... outside trips seemed to be plentiful, and bookable for everyone. We did not partake in anything off the resort, as we were there for some R & R. A lot of vactioners around us seemed to go on different things, and the only bad comment I heard was that the Craft and Straw Market vendors were very aggresive, so put on a very thick skin and say NO NO NO if you are not interested in what they are trying to sell.

Overall ... We had a great time, and met a lot of people from different walks of life. You could tell very easily, which ones were used to being pampered. In a few short years, this hotel will be for the pampered and the prices will reflect that. So for now, go to the Lady Hamilton, and for an affordable price, see for yourself the potential of this beautiful resort. Book last minute and fly by the seat of your pants. It is very hard to be disappointed at the little things, when you have paid 1/2 the price of others who for some reason or another, book months in advance.

Transat Rep.... Mario is great. We did not require his services very much during our visit, as we had no problems with anything, and were not booking excursions, but by being in the lobby, and watching him deal with others with problems, he is on top of his job, and is a great asset to the Transat team. How to go Mario ... His arrival briefing is very informative & to the point. He tells you what to expect and not to expect and either he or Isabel is always visable in the lobby to give assistance when needed.

In Conclusion .... I would return to the Lady Hamilton in a heatbeat as long as it was within my budget.

Ya Mon ...... No problem !!!!!!!! Jamaica Mon ......

• Liked — we had a great location close to the centre of the resort
  • Disliked — beds a little hard, but better than too soft
  • Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
4 Thank cacNovaScotia
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lucea
Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa
Holiday Inn Resort Montego Bay
Melia Braco Village
Melia Braco Village
#1 of 1 in Rio Bueno

Been to Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!