We booked a trip to the Lady Hamilton/Jamaica resort as a last-minute "emergency" vacation to get away from the Midwest weather and loved it. I think the beaches on other parts of the island are probably a lot nicer, but we wanted to stay close to the airport since this was only a 3 day trip, so this resort was perfect. There were always plenty of available chairs at the pool and we enjoyed the watersports at the beach- no waiting for kayaks like at other all-inclusives we have been to.
Our arrival started out a bit rough- we had booked a king bedroom on the Lady Hamilton side and ended up with a double bedroom on the Jamaica side- the sides really don't matter since the rooms are all the same, but the double bed situation wasn't exactly our idea of a romantic weekend and the room they put us in obviously had some water damage. It didn't take too long to get moved, though, and I don't really think it was the resort's fault- at least they claimed Expedia didn't send them our room request and showed us the printout that didn't list our request. We had a few issues with our door lock not working, and maintenance was good about coming quickly (I lived in the Caribbean for two years, and trust me- getting something repaired within an hour is a miracle! You're lucky if someone comes the same year!) Otherwise the room was nice, our housekeeper did a fantastic job, the A/C was cold and the water in the shower was hot- not much else you need in a hotel room, really.
Overall we had a good time- the pool is huge (enough about the loose tiles, people- it's still a really nice pool!), the restaurants and drinks were good in comparison to the few other all-inclusives we've been to, the bars were lively, the gym was nice, and the staff is great- everyone was very friendly and even the guy delivering toilet paper stopped to chat and see if we were enjoying our stay. The entertainment staff worked really hard, and I appreciated that they didn't bug you to participate in games if all you wanted to do was sit by the pool.
Part of traveling is getting to know other cultures- we travel a lot and have lived in a bunch of different countries, and we're always amused at some of the things people complain about at hotels and in their reviews. Even at an all-inclusive, which isn't a very good way to get to know a country, you'll have a lot more fun if you try to see things from the perspective of people who live there and not get worked up about the little things- otherwise what's the point of leaving your hometown in the first place?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The resort is bathed by the calm turquoise waters of Jamaica's north coast, in a small bay on a privileged enclave on the coast. The design is a perfect harmony between modernand luxurious facilities of a first class hotel and the attractive natural environment of the area characterized by the turquoise sea and the relief of the landscape. The complexalso houses an ultramodern Spa, which is equipped with the most advanced facilities and offers guests a wide variety of therapies and services. Near the village of Lucea and approximately 30 minutes from Montego Bay and its airport. Within the complex is theGrand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa has a total of 540 guestrooms in 15 villas ofthree levels with 6 Suites and 30 Junior Suites per villa. The Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Resort & Spa has a total of 516 rooms distributed in 13 villas of three levels with 6 suites and 30 Junior Suites per villa and 48 two-story cabins with 4 cabins suites (adults only) each. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Traveltool, S.L.U., Booking.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Hotel Lucea
- Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Resort And Spa
- Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Resort & Spa Jamaica/Lucea