Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Resort & Spa
US$331
US$311
  • Pool
Rhodes Beach Resort Negril(Green Island)(Great Value!)
US$174
Round Hill Hotel & Villas(Hopewell)(Great Value!)
US$380
US$899
TripAdvisor
US$1,229
US$826
No availability for your dates from our partners
5,597 results
All reviewsgrand palladium lady hamiltonadult poolinfinity barjerk hutsports barmain poola la carte restaurantssteakjerk chickenimperial cluboutdoor showerhoneymoon villasunset cove beachseafoodmontego baywater sportsour favourite
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 December 2009

This trip was for the wedding of our son and daughter in law with a large group. After an uneventful flight out of Milwaukee into Montego Bay, we located our ground transportation to the resort booked through our travel agent -buses...which was fine but I felt for people who got on the bus first. The buses do not leave until they are full which can mean quite a wait depending upon your arrival. The driver was very informative. GP was the first drop off - the others going to Negril. Next trip I would forego the buses and book with Gregg. The trip took about 40 minutes due to traffic and road conditions. Still much better than the drive to Ocho Rios.
When you walk into the resort it hits you - ahhhhhh the promise of a wonderful trip. Check in was quick and friendly. Honestly we did not meet a Jamaican who was not extremely friendly and helpful. I did observe some very rude guests at times. As with anywhere you go in life, if you treat people well you will be treated well in return. We were given Romance Villa 3074 (second floor). In looking at the point on which the villas are located, this was the second from the end overlooking the beach and Infinity Pool. We purposely asked for a villa on the end.....because we wanted a place to escape the madness of our huge group!!! It worked. The room was wonderful in all respects....especially the outdoor shower. I didn't realize how much I would really enjoy showering under the stars!! In retrospect, for our next trip, I would chose somewhere closer to the main areas and on the 1st floor. Safety wise GP is wonderful. We travel extensively and always refrain from ground level rooms for safety features. It would not be a problem at GP. We were able to check out many rooms due to the size of our party. All were wonderful but we did note that the airconditioning worked better on the ground levels. In all but one room the electricity output was always on (no need for the room card in the slot). If your lite in the slot is blue it is on - no card needed. All rooms will eventually be converted to this system. On our next trip I am not sure I would bother with a Romance Villa either although it is something everyone should try once if it is in your budget. In reality the Jr. Suites are just as nice (just minus the outdoor shower and larger hot tub). I will always pay the upgrade price for an ocean view. As it turned out, almost everyone in our big party received an upgraded room at no cost (GP seems to do all in their power to assure the comfort of their guests) but the only way to guarantee what you absolutely want is to pay for it. In all honesty, for people with mobility problems, you might want to check in to a smaller resort or rent a wheelchair. GP is huge which has sooooo many advantages. I do have a bad knee which bothered me some but was not untolerable. I can see how it might be a problem for anyone with more of a disability. Also, as far as AC goes, please remember you are not in the US. This is the tropics and therefore it takes a lot for the rooms to get as cold as some people like. Keeping your room curtains closed during the daytime makes a huge difference in how cool your room will get. Also, if you go out on your patio remember to close the door as an open door turns the AC off.

Our housekeeper's name was Wanda and she was absolutely wonderful!!! Such a nice friendly person and a hard worker. We tipped her handsomely because she deserved it. We talked everyday about our lives and she felt like a friend. One funny - the first morning she asked if we wanted "American washclothes". We told her not to make a special trip but they were there when we returned to the room. She made the cutest towel animals including a Thanksgiving turkey. She happened to be there when we left to go to our son's wedding and gave me a gorgous flower to carry. In every aspect of her job she went above and beyond her duties.

Mini refrigerators were refilled every day and sometimes twice (beer, soda & water). We also tipped this worker who graciously left us extra water. A bottle of champagne with two frosted glasses was left in our frig one night which I am sure must have come from Dimitri, the GM. He was so extremely helpful in the planning of our group activities and went out of his way to check that everything was going okay. Quite honestly, resort personnel in the US could take lessons from the GP staff and management. These are some of the most friendly helpful hard working people I have ever come across. My husband and I travel extensively...normally staying at different five star resorts to get different experiences. We are now absolutely true blue Palladium Addicts and will be visiting their other resorts as well as returning here!

We tried the Posiedon Restaurant, the Italian, Mexican, Sports Bar (for the Packer game), Bubba's Steak Grill and the buffets. Also, a do not miss is the beach BBQ - yummy. All of the eateries were very good, my favorite being the Italian and the fajatias at the Mexican. Breakfasts at the buffet were yummy and the jerk chicken at lunch was out of this world. Even if you are full, try the desserts any you won't be disappointed. Servers and bartenders alike were great. I did hear complaints from others regarding the service time at the eateries. Relax, you are on island time and besides where are you hurrying to....it will be there later!!

We went to both larger beaches but liked Sunset Cove the best. Do take out a kayak or a paddle boat - it is so beautiful out there. We also took a group out snorkeling which was fun. It was hard to come up with a favorite pool. The adult pool was closest to our villa but the main pool was to die for. The tile repairs are complete and this pool is truly Grand> The bartenders at the pool bar were a hoot. There are plenty of shade huts around this pool but getting a sunchair anywhere on the resort grounds was not a problem. Do not forget to check out the pool area up at the spa/gym area. Again, occasionally I wanted to have some alone time away from our rowdy group, and this spot was heaven. There are multiple treatment type pools - some hot -some cold with wonderful waterfalls to massage your shoulders and back. This is also a good spot to retreat from the sun. The gym was well equipped and had towels and ice water. It is hot in there so you might want to schedule this activity in the early am.

Towel cards - you need to use them at the main pool but not needed at the adult pool as they are there for anyone to use. I can see the reason they use them since some people are too lazy to return their towels or leave them on chairs to save all day. But, if you forget yours, don't worry...you will get towels.

Entertainment - this seems to be a work in progress. The entertainment staff work extremely hard and are very good at what they do. On Fridays the main stage has a great steel drum show (Silverbird) that is a don't miss. The other shows were on the same caliber as many we have seen in new resorts in Mexico and the Carribean - could be better but entertaining nonetheless. There is a nightly live band playing in the lounge on the top floor above the Infinity Pool nightly and they were very good. There is also nightly disco. (We never made it that long...must be getting old...but others in our group had a ball there). Daytime entertainment goes on nonstop usually located by the vollyball courts. There is a schedule printed on a board by the check in desk. If you can't find something you like to do at GP.....sorry....there is something wrong with you!!

Our group did play a football game on the day after Thanksgiving which is an annual family/friend tradition. Dimitri allowed us to use their soccer field which was great. We brought "Annual Turkey Bowl Jamaica Style" t-shirts for all the players. Some of the entertainment staff joined us and it was a fun time for all.. ...even tho it was very hot. So if you see those Turkey Bowl t-shirts around GP you will know where they came from!! Many from our group also went on a zipline tour (I planted myself on a beach chair) and thought it was a highlight of their trip.

The main purpose of this trip was the wedding of our son and daughter in law. The wedding could not have been more perfect....many, many thanks to the wonderful Miss Nina - wedding coordinator. Memories of a lifetime were made by not only the wedding couple but all those who attended.

All in all, I would give this resort a 5 out of 5 review and I am not an easy reviewer!!! As in any place you go, problems can arise but the positives at GP far, far surpassed any negatives. I can see the prices here going up considerably and it will be worth it. For those on the fence, book now as I have for our next visit.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
13  Thank jharris29
Reviewed 8 December 2009

This resort surpassed any thoughts and ideas I had for a tropical, caribbean resort! The staff were extremely friendly, entertainment and activities well organized. Lots of pools and beach to spend your time swimming or just tanning. The drinks and food were simply wonderful! I can simply not say one negative thing about this resort! Everything was done to perfection!! Definitely a must-go-to resort!!!

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with friends
6  Thank nursewhocares
Reviewed 8 December 2009

RM3705 Water poured in the Br/hall ceinling & no one helped us. I had to clean up myself

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 December 2009

My husband and I stayed at the Lady Hamilton. The air conditioning was so poor. Most of the time my husband and I were dripping wet. It was impossible to get dressed up in the evening. The humidity in the room was so high, everything was always damp. With that said, the resort was beautiful and the staff was wonderful. I thought the food was pretty good. We were on the third floor. Three flights of stairs in the heat everytime you wanted to go to your room. When we booked the room we had no idea that there are no elevators. I believe there is a four person ( very small no ventilation) elevator off of the lobby. None of the buildings have elevators. If you like a cool room and you like to control your air this is not the place for you. Also 6 fights of stairs to get ice was frustrating. The only reason we got ice every night was because our refrigerator did not work. We had to put bottles of water in our ice bucket so we'd have some cold water to drink at night. My husbund and I did have a good time, but with the issue of the air conditioning I would not go back. We did meet alot of people and everyone complained about the refrigerators and the air conditioning.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank ChicagoBirdie
Reviewed 4 December 2009

A group of 22 of us went to the Grand Palladium the week of Nov. 21st -Nov. 28th. We had an incredible time. The hotel was beautiful and the entertainment crew was definitely the best. They really made our vacation. We were all very sad to leave. A lot of our kids went to the kids club and enjoyed it. The food was ok, but I have never been to an all inclusive, where I thought the food was excellent. The drinks were plentiful and overall, we loved it!

• Stayed: November 2009