My husband and I were at the Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton January 3-8. I am an avid trip researcher and therefore, knew exactly what to expect. For what we paid and for a last-minute getaway, it was great. Was it a 5-star, lap-of-luxury resort? No. Would we return? Probably not.
That being said, our room was clean and spacious. We were in Villa 36 on the second floor with a partial ocean view. I had emailed the resort prior and requested an ocean view so I was not that disappointed. We found that the Lady Hamilton side was better situated and closer to all of the restaurants, beaches etc. If the price is the same, I would say book this side, if not, do not bother. We did have some minor issues with our sink and shower. The sink issue was fixed immediately while the shower issue was not. My husband simply switched the shower-head and we were fine! Lovely jacuzzi in the bathroom, an iPod clock radio, and a very small fridge stocked daily with beer, water and soda.
The beaches were decent. Yes, they are not white-sand beaches with crystal clear waters, however, the ocean was warmer than the pool. We found that Las Brisas beach to be the best and the quietest if you went towards the end towards the romance villas. Tons to do at Sunset Cove if you get bored; kayaks, paddle-boats etc.
The main pool was always lively with games, music etc. They also have a nice palapa area on either side where you can nap, be alone etc. The adult pool was small, but nice and did not have any kids at it while we were there. We also explored the property one day and found the "relax" pool which had no one at it.
Food: Pretty disappointing, but again, we were not expecting it to be that good, so we made the best out of it. We actually had our best meal the last night there and if I had known how good it was, we would have returned there more than once. It was at Poseidon's Sunset Cove. The Mexican restaurant and the grill house were really the only other two good meals. The Italian was awful and the Oriental was rough as well. My husband is a sushi eater however, and did find it edible. The good thing is that all of the restaurants have a nice appetizer and salad buffet you can hit up before your meals. Breakfast was excellent with made to order eggs at the buffet, mimosas, and strong delicious coffee. Unfortunately, your only options for lunch are the buffet and the jerk hut. The jerk hut is AMAZING but it is hard to pin down what time it actually comes out. We found that late in the day was best. Lack of room service was a real downer for us (we knew ahead of time.) Sometimes you just want to go back to your room and relax and have a sandwich!
The bars were okay as well. The premium bar is probably the best, offering a wider selection that the rest. The Real Rock beer on tap at all the bars is a little too sweet for our liking, so try and drink Red Stripe when you can. I found the champagne drinkable as well. House wine wasn't bad either. For the first time, I agree with posters when they say bring a insulated cup of some sort! The drinks were SO small and melted by the time you got them to your beach or pool chair.
I disagree with some posters that say the service at Grand Palladium is out of this world. We have been to Mexico twice and let me say, their service blows this place out of the water. I did not find any of the staff to be overly friendly. They were not rude by an means, just not that friendly. Be aware that everything is done at the "Jamaican" pace so if you are in a hurry, do NOT come here! Yes, you will have to wait for a table some nights at the restaurants and yes, there might not be towels at the pool, but get over it, you are on vacation!
We visited the spa one day and were disappointed to see that none of the jacuzzi's were warm.
Our favorite part about the resort was the entertainment staff. These young people must work from 8AM until 2AM and are always smiling and upbeat. They engage the guests in games, dancing etc. They also come and dance to the live music that is at the Infinity bar every night. DO NOT MISS THE LIVE MUSIC AT THE INFINITY BAR! It was so enjoyable and made our trip a memorable one.
You get what you pay for. We felt for what we spent on this trip, it more that exceeded our expectations. Have an open mind, relax and enjoy!
Any specific questions, feel free to message me!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The resort is bathed by the calm turquoise waters of Jamaica's north coast, in a small bay on a privileged enclave on the coast. The design is a perfect harmony between modernand luxurious facilities of a first class hotel and the attractive natural environment of the area characterized by the turquoise sea and the relief of the landscape. The complexalso houses an ultramodern Spa, which is equipped with the most advanced facilities and offers guests a wide variety of therapies and services. Near the village of Lucea and approximately 30 minutes from Montego Bay and its airport. Within the complex is theGrand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa has a total of 540 guestrooms in 15 villas ofthree levels with 6 Suites and 30 Junior Suites per villa. The Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Resort & Spa has a total of 516 rooms distributed in 13 villas of three levels with 6 suites and 30 Junior Suites per villa and 48 two-story cabins with 4 cabins suites (adults only) each. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Resort And Spa
- Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Hotel Lucea
- Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Resort & Spa Jamaica/Lucea