Just back from 5 days at the resort. The ride to the resort from Montego Bay is not bad. It is basically half way between Montego Bay and Negril. Upon arriving the check in process went smoothly. Our group had five rooms and couple of room change request went smoothly. The hotel was accomodating in that regard. The rooms appear great at first and are large but upon closer look there are some upkeep issues. For example our room had a large crack in the ceiling, another person in our party had some cracked tiles in the bath and a grout issue. As others mentioned there were shortages of robes, towels and wash cloths but they were resolved when brought to the attention of the front desk. Also, the air conditioning is lacking in both the rooms and the restaurants. The mini bars in the room provide a few sodas and a couple of Red Stripe beers but the refrigerator is not cold and our villas ice machine did not work. We did request ice one evening and it was brought up quickly.
There are alot of food choices at the resort, buffet and a la carte. The resort could do a better job of letting guests know the hours, dress requirements, etc. The wait staff is hit or miss depending on when and where you dine. The Steakhouse was great, the Mexican was horrible, rude waitress and extra slow service. The buffet offered a varied selection to meet most needs and the Sports Bar offered a quick bite however, again, the wait staff left something to be desired. A special thank you to Clive at the Casino Bar, Maxwell at the Infinity Bar, Ricardo at the pool, all of the gentleman that provide transportation around the resort especially Sukra.
The evening shows were okay and there was always something going on if you want to participate. I did think the entertainment staff spent too much time with each other as opposed to getting involved with guests especially in the evening.
All in all we had a great vacation but the management should work on the things like promoting more customer service with the wait staff, getting more cleaning people to walk the resort and make sure walkways and areas are well kept and inspecting rooms for repair issues and fixing broken ices machines (ours was down for all 5 days we were there).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The resort is bathed by the calm turquoise waters of Jamaica's north coast, in a small bay on a privileged enclave on the coast. The design is a perfect harmony between modernand luxurious facilities of a first class hotel and the attractive natural environment of the area characterized by the turquoise sea and the relief of the landscape. The complexalso houses an ultramodern Spa, which is equipped with the most advanced facilities and offers guests a wide variety of therapies and services. Near the village of Lucea and approximately 30 minutes from Montego Bay and its airport. Within the complex is theGrand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa has a total of 540 guestrooms in 15 villas ofthree levels with 6 Suites and 30 Junior Suites per villa. The Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Resort & Spa has a total of 516 rooms distributed in 13 villas of three levels with 6 suites and 30 Junior Suites per villa and 48 two-story cabins with 4 cabins suites (adults only) each. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Resort And Spa
- Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Hotel Lucea
- Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Resort & Spa Jamaica/Lucea