“A beautiful resort”

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Lucea
Burlington, Canada
“A beautiful resort”
Reviewed 24 December 2011

We stayed at this resort in Jamaica the week of December 16th, 2011 and had a great time! My husband and I took our 2 adult sons with us and we booked 2 rooms - 1 junior suite and a 1 bedroom suite. Both provided ample room and ammenities. The rooms were clean and suitable (I read earlier reviews that complained about poor workmanship but we need to remember that as north americans our standards are very high - we saw the same problems around expectations when traveling through Europe). Our room was in a lousy location and after a couple of days we were moved to a lovely partial ocean-front room. All the staff are super friendly and very attentative. I was also amazed with their patience as I watched a family become extremely rude and physically aggressive with front desk staff on our last night. The resort really does offer something for everyone. There are several beaches (both rough and rocky as well as calm and protected). The main pool was the largest pool I had ever seen! The variety of restaurants was good and the fact that you didn't require advance reservations made for a more carefree approach to going out for dinner. I read some complaints that not all facilities were open every night and it became confusing to know where to go - the lobby always had a schedule for the week posted which made it very easy. Given we were there during slow season, it is understandable that not all restaurants were open.The staff at the beach with the waterfront sports activities were great. The only concern my one son had is that he found safety practices for scuba diving somewhat sketchy. The grounds of the resort are wonderful and the walking is worth it - the exercise is good for you particularly when drinking and eating as much as you can. I'm not sure what the complaints around theft were but we had no problems during our stay. The room safes were great (and make sure you follow instructions to ensure your safe is locked before leaving the room). As well, hotel security was set up around the perimeter of the property at all hours.
We certainly enjoyed ourselves and would recommend this resort to others.

Room Tip: Stay away from building 21 if you can as it is right next to the main road and the staff tunnel. Lot...
11 Thank Sylvia L
DimitrisGM, General Manager at Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 8 February 2012
Thank you very much for sharing your review. We are elated that you and your family have had such a wonderful vacation at our beautiful Resort. We are grateful for your positive comments about our immaculate suites, the wonderful staff, the food at the a la carte restaurants and the general facilities on property.

It is great to know that you enjoyed the beautiful beaches that we have and also our massive swimming pool which is in fact the largest swimming pool on the Island. I am also glad that you enjoyed the water sport activities that we have.

We would love to host you and your family again in the near future for another fantastic vacation experience. Please feel free to contact us if there is anything that we can assist with from this end.

Best Wishes

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,856)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Concord, California
Reviewed 24 December 2011

We had an unforgettable time at the Grand Palladium. The resort is simply gorgeous, meticulously clean and rich in entertainment. We moved into a room on the first level, which was somewhat musty, but requested a room on the third level and were accommodated the very next day (Supervisor Dominic, thank you for the beautiful upgrade to a room facing the pool and the ocean!!!). The beach immediately by the pool is somewhat rocky, but the Sunset Cove beach is immaculate, with smooth sand and beautiful nature. The buffet restaurants offer a variety of flavorful foods, with breakfasts being our favorite meals. Our kids had a blast at the kid's discoteque, the kid's club, the pool activities,the Lady Hamilton theater, we even took them to the Infinity bar at night! The entertainment is superb as one can watch a different show at the Lady Hamilton Theater every night. The entertainers are extraordinary and extremely friendly. We would like to extend special thanks to Romeo, Honey, Barbie, Xavier, Yese, Lucy, Turbo and the entire cast, for being so kind to our kids and for being so professional at what they do!

We never had anything stolen or encountered unfriendly staff, I cannot believe some of the negative reviews!

We would like to recommend this resort to anyone who likes to relax, enjoy great service, appreciate beautiful nature and indulge in entertainment!

Room Tip: Request a top floor room, very airy
6 Thank Dessy G
Greetings! After each guest’s vacation our aim is to ensure that they have a memorable stay. We are elated to know that we were successful in making your vacation an unforgettable one.

We are pleased that you were satisfied with the accommodations you received and that you loved the spectacular vies. It is fantastic knowing you enjoyed the beaches and I trust the pools the same as we do boast the largest swimming pool in Jamaica.

I am happy that you enjoyed the entertainment package that we have on property. As you have stated, we cater to the enjoyment of both kids and adults and we want to ensure that the entire family has a fun filled stay regardless of age. I will be sure to pass your kind words of appreciation to those whom you have mentioned.

It was our pleasure hosting your family and we welcome your visit in the near future. Please do not hesitate in contacting us if there is anything that we can do from this end.

Gettysburg, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed 23 December 2011

We had an excellent time at this resort-one of our best trips to date! The staff were incredibly helpful and courteous, the rooms were large and spacious, and everything was wonderful! The only thing that kept this from being perfect was the rocky beach-but if you bring water shoes-you'll be fine!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Aimee B
Thank you very much for sharing your comments. We are elated that we were able to make this one of your best vacations. We are especially grateful for your positive comments about our staff, the accommodations and the spectacular aspects of the Resort in general.

It was our pleasure hosting you and we look forward to having you with us in the future. Until then, take care.
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 21 December 2011

I stayed here with my family. We passed a nice time at the resort. All the employees were very friendly and hard working. In all the resturants in which we ate, they moved very fast and continue to ask if we needed anything else. No one ever asked for a tip, but with such excellent service, it seem logical. I have stayed at many resorts in Jamaica, and the staff was very underpaid- as some expressed to me in the past. No one expressed such at the Palladium, so I certainly hope the employees are paid more than $2USD a hour and are shown appreciation from Mananagement because the Grand Palladium have an excellent crew of workers and they all do their jobs with a smile.

If you are not a person that 'enjoy' walking- this might not be the place for you as there is a lot of walking involved to get from one place to another. I was told we could not get get a room closer/ocean view because the resort was full to capacity by a gentleman not the individual in training.

Food- The food was great. Presentation was wonderful.
Room- The room was great, very clean.
Entertainment- There is something for everyone to do, if you want to do something.
Checkin- Very prompt. Although I was assisted by a new employee, everything went well and we have no problem.

We did not have time to look into the 'Travel Club' as we were away mostly during the day, but I plan to inquire about it as we travel to Jamaica at least 4 times a year.

Keep up the good work Grand Palladium. Definately a 5 Star with such attentive employees!!!

6 Thank celoi
Thank you for taking the time to share the wonderful experience you had while on vacation at our Resort. I have read your comments and I am very appreciative of your kind words about the great staff that we have here. We are proud of our team as they work assiduously to meet and exceed the expectations of our guests from the point of check in until check out.

It is delightful to know that you enjoyed the exquisite meals which were served at our restaurants and buffets. We hope you got to try them all.

We are pleased to know that you loved your room and that you found it to your comfort. Our entertainment package does offer something for everyone to enjoy, whether it is lounging by the Miss Lou bar while listening to the live band, sitting in on our nightly shows or dancing up a storm in the disco.

We would love to host you again in the near future and it was our pleasure having you. Please do not hesitate in contacting us if there is anything that we can do from this end.

Best Wishes.
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 15 December 2011

we only had 3 days...wished for more....... the a la carts only 3 per night all ten not open on the same night...and we did not have to wait or make resevations.. the food...yummy....we had mexican, indian and steak .....great wine..the staff and people of Jamaica...are the nicest on earth......The resort is a true 5 star...we loved it

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank KimmyDominic
Thank you for taking the time to share with us your review. We are pleased to know that you have had such a memorable stay at our Resort. It is fantastic that you enjoyed the various cuisines and also the warm personality of our staff. We welcome you to visit us again in the near future, we would be more than happy to host you. Until then, take care.
Kitchener, Canada
Reviewed 15 December 2011

Spent a week at this resort and loved every minute of it! Food amazing,Rooms beautiful and everything worked.Pool is great,I enjoyed all the beaches as well. What made the holiday exceptional was the amazing staff. Everyone from the gardeners to the front desk was polite,friendly and helpful. When reading about rude or aggressive staff I cant believe we went to the same resort.Lincot at the swim up bar in particular,besides serving great drinks taught me alot about Jamaican culture and history...thank you! (to his boss..he deserves a big raise).The resort is large and had alot of walking which I enjoyed,but if you have a disability this may not be the place for you.My only complaint would be the rock hard bed,I have been to over 20 AI vacations and by far this was the worst bed I have slept on.I would definetly recommend this resort and looking forward to a return visit.

Room Tip: Ask for a room close to lobby to decrease the walking,maps and detailed info on the resort is availa...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank vacationqueen67
Thank you for sharing your review with us. It is fantastic to know that you have had such an amazing and memorable vacation at our Resort. I am pleased that you loved your room and that you enjoyed the various cuisines at our specialty restaurants and buffets. We are especially pleased to read all your wonderful comments about our professional team of ladies and gentlemen. We appreciate your kind words and will be sure to pass them on to those which you have mentioned. We do have a great team who are there to ensure that our guests are having a Grand time. It was our pleasure having you with us and we look forward to hosting you in the near future. Until then, best wishes.
Pgh
Reviewed 14 December 2011

To celebrate our 15 year anniversary, my husband and I were supposed to be leaving for Mexico on Thursday, October 27th.  Hurricane Rina was scheduled to hit that evening.  At the last minute Wednesday night we decided to cancel our trip.  As business owners we were not going to be able to reschedule our dates and take more time off.  I was up all night Wednesday and most of Thursday trying to find something else for us to do. We decided to go to the Grand Palladium in Jamaica from Friday-Monday (short trip). This was my 2nd visit here but my husbands first to Jamaica.  My husband LOVES Mexico!  We usually go 2x per year.

The staff at the Grand Palladium is AMAZING!  They really made our trip so much fun.  From Lawrence at the pool bar to the entertainment team that never quits.  All of the evening bartenders are attentive and so friendly they are like family.  I have to give a special thanks to Jovaun, Gavin, Kamar, Michael and I cannot remember the other bartender that took such great care of us Saturday in the disco (sorry!) for making our stay in Jamaica so much fun!!!!  My husband had such a great time that he is talking about returning here instead of Mexico.

I must admit the food here is not so great.  This is usually a top 3 decision maker for me but the staff is so great it isn't so important to me here.  Although the jerk chicken hut is DELICIOUS!  If that were available all day i would eat that for all 3 meals.

Unfortunately even though I was a returning guest we had a room with a view of the street.  Luckily we didn't spend much time in the room.

We have stayed at many resorts in Mexico and I must say the entertainment and shows at the Grand Palladium puts all of those resorts to shame.  I love the fact that there is a live band at the Infinity Bar and a show in the theater.

I highly recommend this resort.  If you see Jo (Jovaun) ask him for his special!  I am still craving it!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
6 Thank PghTera
First I would like to say congratulations on celebrating your 15 years of marriage and we are extremely happy that we were chosen to host you for this special occasion. We are elated that you have had such a wonderful experience.

Thank you for your kind words about our staff. We do have a wonderful team who are always doing their best to ensure that our guests are enjoying their vacation. I will be sure to pass your kind words to those which you have outlined.

I am sorry that you did not enjoy the meals at some of our restaurants, but like all of our guests that have visited the Resort you have made the delicious authentic Jamaican Jerk chicken your favourite. I do hope that you also enjoyed other delicious dishes that were prepared by our Chefs.

We are pleased to know that you enjoyed the entertainment package that we have and that you enjoyed the nightly shows and live entertainment.

We would love to host you again in the near future so that we can once again host you in true Palladium Style. Please do not hesitate in contacting us if there is anything that we can do from this end.

Best Wishes
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lucea
Sunscape Splash Montego Bay
Secrets St. James Montego Bay
Secrets St. James Montego Bay
#11 of 63 in Montego Bay
Holiday Inn Resort Montego Bay

Been to Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!